BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

04-28-2021, 08:00 PM   #23
BootlegBurton
Private
Rep
Drives: 750li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markr View Post
Maybe a carrot and stick approach would work, ie. pay for the fix to bring it up to the condition expected of a car of this age, as they should have done, or you will name and shame them on this forum, just as GnatGoSplat has just done ref BMW of Tulsa.

I searched this forum for any common issues before I purchased and joined, so sure many others do the same. If I read a bad review of a dealer on a forum like this, I would certainly take extra care when checking a vehicle out.
This is my exact plan at this point. But to be totally honest, the amount of time ive spent thinking and whining about this has been exhausting, and in reality, i bought this car to drive all year long, including new england winters, so itll never look as good as it does right now regardless of this situation.

On another note, the rear bumper is a good bit off in color to the body. Heavy inspection has lead me to be almost certain its never been touched.

Looking at a million other white G series via the internet, it seems they are all off the same, including 2021 new cars. Its kind of embarrassing tbh.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 01:09 PM   #24
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegBurton View Post

Looking at a million other white G series via the internet, it seems they are all off the same, including 2021 new cars. Its kind of embarrassing tbh.
White is absolutely the hardest color to match. But I would expect BMW to do better on the bumpers, even if they are a different materials than the body panels.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 02:09 PM   #25
Markr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d Xdrive M Sport

We have had similar issues with white/silver fleet cars and bodyshops, where bumpers looked off shade after some paint. They had to remove the bumper and show at the same angle / light conditions as the wing to prove that they were indeed the correct shade.

Doors etc are obvious, as you can compare to other door or wing, but with older vehicles it can be more difficult, as they may need to make an allowance for paint fade on the original vs new painted panel. This is where the knowledge of a good bodyshop makes all the difference.

I assume constant bright sun like in Florida and Southern California etc vs the UK, has an effect on speeding up paint fade, but that is a pure guess, as I don’t know.
      04-29-2021, 07:09 PM   #26
750LiBeemer
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5525 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
I too found overspray and other signs of a repaint on both sides of the front bumper a few days after I got it home. Other stuff, like the seat track being loose on the driver side made me think it was in a collision. Of course, if one of the managers at the dealership crashed it, they could easily have it repaired without reporting it, which is what I think happened.
If you love the car, feel like you got a good deal on it all things being equal vs. fact it may have had less than acceptable body work...I would just let it go. Plus i am pretty sure an accident only goes reported if someone reports it in the first place. Probably happened when then previous owners 16 year old son got a hold of it trying to park it in garage for the first time! Enjoy your ride!
Quote:
Quote:
I too found overspray and other signs of a repaint on both sides of the front bumper a few days after I got it home. Other stuff, like the seat track being loose on the driver side made me think it was in a collision. Of course, if one of the managers at the dealership crashed it, they could easily have it repaired without reporting it, which is what I think happened.
If you love the car, feel like you got a good deal on it all things being equal vs. fact it may have had less than acceptable body work...I would just let it go. Plus i am pretty sure an accident only goes reported if someone reports it in the first place. Probably happened when then previous owners 16 year old son got a hold of it trying to park it in garage for the first time! Enjoy your ride!

Just let it go? Lol. Never ever settle for anything less than what you deserve or less than what you paid for.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 07:25 PM   #27
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750LiBeemer View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just let it go? Lol. Never ever settle for anything less than what you deserve or less than what you paid for.
I have been very dissatisfied with not only the dishonest dealership antics (I'm talking to you Bill Jacob's BMW) but even more so the way corporate BMWNA chose to handle my particular situation. I was hoping to get a bit of preferential treatment as the owner of their flagship vehicle, and a loaded one at that with a sticker of over $120K. You'd think I was leasing a stripped out 4-Cylinder X1 if you looked at the reconciliation offer they extended and the sheer amount of my time they wasted.

However; the beauty of having so many options for luxury vehicles here in America means that I will most likely be spending my hard earned money elsewhere when it comes time to get something different next year.

Here's what I'm leaning towards:
Attached Images

04-29-2021, 07:32 PM   #28
750LiBeemer
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 750i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have been very dissatisfied with not only the dishonest dealership antics (I'm talking to you Bill Jacob's BMW) but even more so the way corporate BMWNA chose to handle my particular situation. I was hoping to get a bit of preferential treatment as the owner of their flagship vehicle, and a loaded one at that with a sticker of over $120K. You'd think I was leasing a stripped out 4-Cylinder X1 if you looked at the reconciliation offer they extended and the sheer amount of my time they wasted.

However; the beauty of having so many options for luxury vehicles here in America means that I will most likely be spending my hard earned money elsewhere when it comes time to get something different next year.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If the rear seats of the panamera were as roomy as the 7 or S, I would have bought it rather than jumping into another 7.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 08:45 PM   #29
BootlegBurton
Private
Rep

Tomorrow i got a highly recommended body shop for these particular jobs to get an idea on whats going. They are familiar with this paint and level of car and were easy to talk to about my current situation.

Then ive got an appointment scheduled with a local BMW dealership that has been helpful with this whole deal and they are going to look it over on a CPO level and see if it should have qualified.

In a perfect world, id take this information and sue the dealership for a billion dollars (joke) but in reality whats probably going to happen is a huge waste of time.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 12:30 AM   #30
B-HQC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Personally, if it's just the bumper then $300 is a little low. I would ask them to reimburse or arrange for a respray at a CCRC which will run about $1000 and call it a day. Color matching is subjective, but tape marks are not, and that is something inexcusable on a CPO in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 07:52 AM   #31
BootlegBurton
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-HQC View Post
Personally, if it's just the bumper then $300 is a little low. I would ask them to reimburse or arrange for a respray at a CCRC which will run about $1000 and call it a day. Color matching is subjective, but tape marks are not, and that is something inexcusable on a CPO in my opinion.
agreed.

Went to both places yesterday. One is my local dealer and another is a highly recommended certified BMW repair facility.

The rear bumper was in fact replaced and repainted, but very well. Just the color match isnt 100%.

The front bumper, as we all know, has also been repainted.

With out mention of either shop, both estimates to repair the front was around 1600$
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 09:01 PM   #32
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

You know why dealers continue to do this? This thread is a prime example. The dealer lied to you....but we don't know who this dealer is because you don't say.

Out these people right here. They have no reason to do anything for you unless you hit them where it hurts. I would not take less than a 100% repair of the bumper by a BMW collision center or tell them you are getting an attorney. However, my God, stop protecting these dealers by not naming and shaming them on here. Name the salesman....name every person you spoke to who lied to your face.

Trust me, when their names start coming up on Google searches about what frauds they are....they will want to make it right.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 3
      05-03-2021, 10:05 PM   #33
BootlegBurton
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
You know why dealers continue to do this? This thread is a prime example. The dealer lied to you....but we don't know who this dealer is because you don't say.

Out these people right here. They have no reason to do anything for you unless you hit them where it hurts. I would not take less than a 100% repair of the bumper by a BMW collision center or tell them you are getting an attorney. However, my God, stop protecting these dealers by not naming and shaming them on here. Name the salesman....name every person you spoke to who lied to your face.

Trust me, when their names start coming up on Google searches about what frauds they are....they will want to make it right.
Zeigler BMW of Kalamazoo Michigan

And although your right, its not going to help or stop anything, especially when BMW NA doesnt care.

I find it very concerning that you cannot find any documentation from BMW to certify a car.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 10:56 PM   #34
Lawguy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Tesla Model S

Was the AutoCheck clean too?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 06:46 AM   #35
BootlegBurton
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy View Post
Was the AutoCheck clean too?
yes
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 10:28 AM   #36
Lawguy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Tesla Model S

That sucks. I’ve usually found autocheck more reliable than CarFax. Must not have been turned in - a BMW employee caused it and repaired in house.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 04:34 PM   #37
Melbourne_X5M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50ix M Sport

The real lesson here, and sorry this happened to you, is to the buyer….

Always, always, always allow yourself enough time to thoroughly look over the vehicle you are purchasing before signing on the purchase.

Having learned this lesson many moons before cell-phone cameras, I now take detailed pictures all around the car on the last time I have possession of it before purchase. I am now on my 85th personal auto. Four cars ago, I bought a 2018 Kia Stinger GT2.

While signing the paperwork, one of the lot boys filled it up with fuel and curbed the right front wheel in the process. On my final delivery inspection I noticed the wheel damage and told the dealer to put a new wheel on or the deal was off.

They initially said no, that I must’ve done that on my test drive. Lol, thanks to my pictures my claim was indisputable….

Better luck next time!
Appreciate 1
Al Pină1839.50
      05-29-2021, 01:04 PM   #38
BVB09
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 750i 2017 X5 2015 S5 conv

Alpina Dreams what were your issues with Bill Jacobs? I am on my 4th car from them plus a CPO X5 for my wife; they have been good to deal with but probably depends on your advisor.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 04:21 PM   #39
Bob in IL
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 G01 X3, 2019 G30 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVB09 View Post
Alpina Dreams what were your issues with Bill Jacobs? I am on my 4th car from them plus a CPO X5 for my wife; they have been good to deal with but probably depends on your advisor.
I bought my current G30 5 Series from Bill Jacobs. It was the first time that I used them and it was a good experience. I'd use them again. I can see how dealership experiences can vary though.
      05-29-2021, 09:50 PM   #40
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVB09 View Post
My fingers would be covered in blisters if I typed out all the issues I've had with them.

In a nutshell; they sold me a lemon of a 750i that has been in service for over 140 days for various issues. Overspray on both front fenders that I didn't notice until a few days after I bought it. On more than one occasion they couldn't find my car when I came to pick it up for service, I had to use my BMW app to locate it for them. General incompetence would sum it up.
      05-30-2021, 05:47 PM   #41
Wavy
Captain
Rep
Drives: B8

The first used car I bought was a CPO from a BMW dealer. I later found out it had body work done to it. I'll never buy a modern used car without doing a PPI first.

'23 B8, '84 Monte Carlo SS, '23 Escalade, '21 S 580, '20 AMG GT 53 , '18 LS 500, '18 X6, '16 Corvette, '12 750Li, '14 GS 350, '13 ES 350, '10 Maxima, '09 Challenger
Appreciate 1
Al Pină1839.50
      05-31-2021, 08:38 AM   #42
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavy View Post
The first used car I bought was a CPO from a BMW dealer. I later found out it had body work done to it. I'll never buy a modern used car without doing a PPI first.
To be contrary, I bought a used MB C wagon, a used 328 wagon, and my current X3 from three different dealers, and had no issues on any. The MB had maybe 20,000 miles, the 328 was a CPO lease return with about 18,000 and the X3 a six month old demo with less than 4,000 miles. I did not do PPI and any and had zero issues with these cars that could be attributable to the prior ownership. I think mileage is the key indicator for buying used, along with the reputation and reliability of the seller. As we have seen, not all dealers are alike, and there's no way I'd buy a used car privately from someone I didn't know.

Last edited by AlteBMW; 05-31-2021 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 10:47 AM   #43
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavy View Post
This is where I screwed up. I naively thought that since it was an Executive Demo that I wouldn't need to worry about previous accidents etc.

We live and we learn I suppose.
      06-17-2021, 09:14 AM   #44
BootlegBurton
Private
Rep

Update-

Ziegler told us to hit the bricks. Originally offered us 300$ and then later told us "We arent going give you anything, stop trying"

BMW NA told us we needed to work it out with the dealer.

Ziegler began to get rude with us. Told us that we should have bought a new 750 instead of a used one since our expectations were so high. ( i guess receiving a car in the condition they described is high expectations)

Got back with BMW NA and they told us they would reach out to the dealer. A week goes by with no contact. Out of the blue, they call us back. The BMW representative began to tell us how they had a meeting with the sales manager of ziegler (the same one that was being rude to my wife) and the vice president of Ziegler (of all their dealerships).

The BMW rep went on to tell us how they offered to take the car back and reimburse us of our travel costs, how they offered to repair the car, and so on. All of which was absolutely a lie.

When the BMW rep asked them how they could of possibly CPO'd the car with a bumper cover with a non-matching VIN, the rep said they got awkwardly quiet and then offered to pay 2000$ for the repair, as long as we agree to "never contact them again"

They over nighted us a check.

Small victory for the little guys. The car goes to paint at the end of the month and will also be getting a OEM trunk lip painted and installed at the same time. Ill report back with pictures.
Appreciate 1