BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

05-09-2020, 02:10 AM   #23
sniper650
Rep
Drives: F85, G12

Touch Command not connecting

Hello guy, My touch command stopped connecting and spins forever for connecting with no success. is reprogramming it the way you described helps?

the car detects it, but I can see that during the connection process It appears and disappears in the list of known devices on the car screen.

any help would be really appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 05:11 AM   #24
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

I have looked into it and decided to go for this retrofit as this is probbably one of the very few options my car doesnt have. I have borrowed a tablet from another car, coded my car and got the tablet to work (wothout lights as I need to run additonal wireing.)

From Hardware you need the following:

1x - Touch Commmand tablet with cradle

1x - Rear Armrest with cradle accomodation ( the existing one can be modified but it is hard to find the smaller leather part so you will probbably find more easyier the entire back armrest.

As for the wireing, one wire has to be run from Tablet cradle to the rear power distribution box (on the rear right side) and the other CAN wire has to be ran from Tablet cradle to the light distribution ecu (rear left side).
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 01:11 PM   #25
MTornberg
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G11 LCI 740 d M-Sport xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOhnoez View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac f02+g12 View Post
Quick question I know you get bombarded but will any year tablet work from my16-20 or is it year specific? Asking because i have noticed that mine is very slow now use to be much quicker and I have also noticed that at times it takes forever to connect and when starting up it asks for my password but before I could enter it it reboots itself wondering because I was thinking of just getting a new one

2020 uses a different software on the tablet.
It has much more limited functionality as a tablet and seems to only function as an accessory to the car.
They aren't vin specific but with the 2020 facelift it saw a change.
Avoid that and you'll be fine.
Hey,

Question.

My 2020 has touch command and the only funktions available are the BMW-functions.
I can't get out of the BMW menu to download other apps to the tablet.

Can I get another tablet or swipe this one clean to install the older version which allows you to use apps and android OS?

Does anyone know? My friend has a 2018 and he can download apps to use the pad for basically anything.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 10:54 PM   #26
MrOhnoez
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 GLI, '79 beetle, '99 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTornberg View Post
Hey,

Question.

My 2020 has touch command and the only funktions available are the BMW-functions.
I can't get out of the BMW menu to download other apps to the tablet.

Can I get another tablet or swipe this one clean to install the older version which allows you to use apps and android OS?

Does anyone know? My friend has a 2018 and he can download apps to use the pad for basically anything.
Not a clue, from my understanding they had ALOT of issues due to the tablets constantly updating the actual "tablet" part.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 03:04 PM   #27
asci01
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 750I xDrive loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOhnoez View Post
I keep getting private messages with how to program a tablet to a vehicle.
This is the method for a vehicle equipped with the tablet and for whatever reason needs to be reprogrammed.

Step 1 Ensure the touch command tablet is fully turned off (NOT in standby mode)
step 2 Press the following keys, "Home,Volume up and Power" at the same time for 5 seconds.
When you see the android logo, let them go
step 3 a menu selection will come up use the volume keys to scroll through the selections. press the power button to select.Select the "Wipe Data/ Factory Reset option"
step 4 Select "yes delete all user data" and use the power button to confirm it.
step 5 press the power button again to reboot.
Step 6 the tablet will take a bit to reboot but now will prompt you to reconnect to the vehicle.
Step 7 use the set up wizard inside the vehicle (essentially just act liker you are going to hook up a phone but select the touch command tablet option instead)
Step 8 while the car is looking for the tablet, on the tablet itself select reconnect to vehicle.

Once again what can be done and what BMW tells can't be are 2 entirely different things. I just don't want to be held responsible lol.
Thank you MrOhnoez. I just paired my a tablet that I bought on Ebay.

I would add to the instructions:
Step 5: when the tablet boots up, the camera will be active. You will need it to scan the QR code on your car's screen.
step 7. Select wifi connection, not BT. Then a QR code will show up on your car's screen. Put you tablet in front of the screen with its camera facing your car's screen until it recognizes the QR, then BINGO, it connects automatically to your car. Have a beer or two and thank MrOhnoez.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2023, 05:39 PM   #28
MTornberg
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G11 LCI 740 d M-Sport xD

Does anybody know how to downgrade the tablet to the older version which is open and usable as a tablet?

Is it possible to make an image of one and copy it to another (newer) one?

Or will an older one pair to a LCI (2020+) car and work?
Thinking I could buy an old one of ebay and pair to my car.
Appreciate 0