BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

07-23-2019, 07:40 PM   #1
LastDeuS
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Smile Early model (oct 2015) Remote Control Parking Retrofit

I'm pretty sure this has been debated before but was wondering if I could get some insight on the process,
My car has the Display Key but not 5DV because of early regulations, so I would like to get that as it is the only extra I'm missing, (also ceramic controls but I don't like those)

I know so far I need all these components
A new Display Key that comes with the side button.
Outside Antenna, 65209351015
Wiring harness, 61116816064
Some cars also need a new BDC ECU but I checked with bimmertech and supposedly I do not need that but would love to be able to verify it.

All the required packages are present:
322 Comfort Access
5DL Surround View
5DP Park Assist

The only semi-guide I have found for it is this one
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/g...ems/1VnYq2TVR3
Also got help from another user "bp730d" thanks again!!!

and so I have to run the harness from the antenna (bumper aerial 3) to the glove box.
The coding I would expect to be able to use e-sys same as my old F30, (Fahrzeugauftrag FA) and add 5DV.

My problem is that I have not found a way to program that new Display key and even if trying to avoid the dealer most people tell me that they won't do it ether.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 09:39 PM   #2
prince1566
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 530i M Sport

Did you figure this out? I need to do it.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 07:21 AM   #3
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

It is not possible to program the Display key yet, there is no aftermaket solution yet. only solution is to buy new key from dealer. However I am not sure you will be able to order one with the Remote parking side key, check with them.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 08:50 AM   #4
LuckyW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport

You will be able to order a key only for your car's vin, which automatically disqualifies the idea because you will not receive a key with the parking option because it is not assigned to your vin. There would have to be some kind of a shaft to order a key for another model with this equipment, but re-encoding the key at the present moment is impossible and there are no people who have broken the key protection.

BTW, I have some experience in ordering a DisplayKey because I dropped my key and the display broke, the cost of a new key is 650€ with parking function.

- The coding procedure is that we open the car with any working key assigned to our car.
- We leave with the key assigned to the distance so that the contact of the old key with our car is not possible and it does not interfere with the contact of the new key with our car
- We go back to our open car with our new key and touch it to the steering column in the side where the key symbol is
- Keeping the key to the steering column touched in this way, press and hold the engine start button by 15-20 sec
- We receive confirmation of the new key coding on the display in our car / That's it

The prices of the keys are different depending on the honesty of the dealers, I checked three different dealers ...

- First, valued a key exchange at 1,805€ (because he wanted to replace the body domain controller unit in my car and the coding costs + new DisplayKey)
- Second, he estimated the cost of the key at 750€ including encoding
- Third, checked my documents and car documents, he collected 650€ and after 2 days he handed over a new key with the coding procedure.

Some people think that if a man drives a 7 series, he shits money twice a day ...

Last edited by LuckyW; 01-14-2021 at 09:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 02:27 PM   #5
RaptorStrike
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320i Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaszWegrzyn View Post
You will be able to order a key only for your car's vin, which automatically disqualifies the idea because you will not receive a key with the parking option because it is not assigned to your vin. There would have to be some kind of a shaft to order a key for another model with this equipment, but re-encoding the key at the present moment is impossible and there are no people who have broken the key protection.

BTW, I have some experience in ordering a DisplayKey because I dropped my key and the display broke, the cost of a new key is 650€ with parking function.

- The coding procedure is that we open the car with any working key assigned to our car.
- We leave with the key assigned to the distance so that the contact of the old key with our car is not possible and it does not interfere with the contact of the new key with our car
- We go back to our open car with our new key and touch it to the steering column in the side where the key symbol is
- Keeping the key to the steering column touched in this way, press and hold the engine start button by 15-20 sec
- We receive confirmation of the new key coding on the display in our car / That's it

The prices of the keys are different depending on the honesty of the dealers, I checked three different dealers ...

- First, valued a key exchange at 1,805€ (because he wanted to replace the body domain controller unit in my car and the coding costs + new DisplayKey)
- Second, he estimated the cost of the key at 750€ including encoding
- Third, checked my documents and car documents, he collected 650€ and after 2 days he handed over a new key with the coding procedure.

Some people think that if a man drives a 7 series, he shits money twice a day ...
I'd be happy shitting money once a week!
Appreciate 0