BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

08-04-2018, 09:18 PM   #1
luv4greenleaves
Rep
Drives: 2014 750xi

GMPP / My Auto Warranty on 2014 BMW 750ix

I've read a few posts about GMPP (GM protection plan) warranty and I've called around a few dealers and had it quoted. Since my 2014 750ix is not a GM the contract is called My Auto Protection Plan. The pricing looks very good ~3K for 4 yrs 60K with no deductible. Exclusionary plan.

Is this too good to be true? Why so low, BMW wants $6K for 3yrs 50K? Can anyone tell me if they have this warranty and your experience?

I'm not a warranty guy and Ive only owned this car since February. Since then I've had to have a new door handle, oxygen sensor replaced, AC compressor replaced, and both Fuel pumps (high pressure) and ignitor #5 replaced.. still under original manufacturer warranty, ending in October...

Ever person I've talked to has told me not to own this car without a warranty. Based upon this and my 4 trips to the dealer already I think I'm convinced they are right.

BMW is ridiculously high, Easy Care is not that much cheaper, and GMPP / My Auto seems to be reasonable....

Any input?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2018, 10:22 PM   #2
Questofthetune
Captain
Rep
Drives: 13 GT50014 AW M235i(sold)

Garage List
2014 BMW 235i  [0.00]
I’m paying USAA 2k for 24k 2 years of extended warranty. There were better deals but since it’s USAA dealing with the company that’s underwriting they usually will go the extra mile to unfuck any shady stuff the warranty company could try (not that it has a bad reputation: my Ser. Advisor loves dealing with them)
      08-05-2018, 08:10 PM   #3
luv4greenleaves
Rep
Drives: 2014 750xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questofthetune View Post
I’m paying USAA 2k for 24k 2 years of extended warranty. There were better deals but since it’s USAA dealing with the company that’s underwriting they usually will go the extra mile to unfuck any shady stuff the warranty company could try (not that it has a bad reputation: my Ser. Advisor loves dealing with them)
Don't have any military so can't go that route.. so far the GM warranty is best priced and contract is the best... Go figure... GM warranty BMW
Appreciate 0