BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

02-28-2023, 07:19 PM   #1
sredmyer
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 750i

Coding

Can anyone recommend someone to do remote coding for my 2019 750i

TIA,
Steve
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 03:17 AM   #2
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

What exactly are you looking to get done? Is it iDrive 7?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 09:09 AM   #3
sredmyer
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
What exactly are you looking to get done? Is it iDrive 7?
I have a few things I know I want but I would also like to learn what else might be possible. The things I know of are...
1) Turn off the auto start/stop
2) Turn off the disclaimer screen at start up
3) Turn on full screen CarPlay
4) Add one touch blinker 5 times option

Would also like to learn if it is possible to add remote start. My car has the self parking feature (from the Display Key which I do not have). That feature needs the ability to start the car so it seems that remote start should be possible.

As to what version of iDrive I have, I am not sure. I believe (from reading posts on this forum) that it is iDrive 6 but I really do not know how to tell the difference.

Thanks,
Steve
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 10:29 AM   #4
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

One easy way to tell is to look at the cluster panel. With iDrive 5/6, the cluster is digital but in analog gauges configuration. With iDrive 7, there is Live Cockpit cluster with tachometer and speed on the sides. Personally, I like the analog layout more, it has class to it.

if you have ENET cable then I can code these for you, but cant tell for sure about turn signal x5 coding as this is a hit and miss depending on the vehicle and software level. Remote start is only possible starting with iDrive 7 and I'm not sure if it requires FSC or not. I can look into it, though.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 10:37 AM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sredmyer View Post
I have a few things I know I want but I would also like to learn what else might be possible. The things I know of are...
1) Turn off the auto start/stop
2) Turn off the disclaimer screen at start up
3) Turn on full screen CarPlay
4) Add one touch blinker 5 times option

Would also like to learn if it is possible to add remote start. My car has the self parking feature (from the Display Key which I do not have). That feature needs the ability to start the car so it seems that remote start should be possible.

As to what version of iDrive I have, I am not sure. I believe (from reading posts on this forum) that it is iDrive 6 but I really do not know how to tell the difference.

Thanks,
Steve
Here's a link to the Bimmercode website that lists all the things that are codeable for the G11. Just click on the topic and it opens to reveal what is capable and what control module that it is in: https://bimmercode.app/cars/g11/

Bimmercode is really easy to use and for the cost of the app and the OBD II dongle or cable...you can code what you want when you want...or put it back if you don't like it. And most of all...if something happens like BMW has to update software or a module on your car that wipes out all of your coding...you won't have wasted your money in having to pay someone to re-code the car. You will already have the app and hardware to do it yourself.

If you are apprehensive about coding...there are tons of videos on youtube that shows how to do it and how easy it is to do.

In regard to what version of iDrive you have...just press the OPTION button next to your iDrive control knob and look for VERSION.

In regard to the one-touch /5 blink...it depends on model year and what control modules you have. My 2015 F06 650ix GC will not do the 5 blinks regardless of coding...but my 2014 F15 X5 did take the coding. But they have different modules. The F06 lighting is controlled by the FRM module...whereas the F15 lighting is controlled by the BDC module.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2023, 01:12 PM   #6
Beau2424
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW Alpina B7 x-drive G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Here's a link to the Bimmercode website that lists all the things that are codeable for the G11. Just click on the topic and it opens to reveal what is capable and what control module that it is in: https://bimmercode.app/cars/g11/

Bimmercode is really easy to use and for the cost of the app and the OBD II dongle or cable...you can code what you want when you want...or put it back if you don't like it. And most of all...if something happens like BMW has to update software or a module on your car that wipes out all of your coding...you won't have wasted your money in having to pay someone to re-code the car. You will already have the app and hardware to do it yourself.

If you are apprehensive about coding...there are tons of videos on youtube that shows how to do it and how easy it is to do.

In regard to what version of iDrive you have...just press the OPTION button next to your iDrive control knob and look for VERSION.

In regard to the one-touch /5 blink...it depends on model year and what control modules you have. My 2015 F06 650ix GC will not do the 5 blinks regardless of coding...but my 2014 F15 X5 did take the coding. But they have different modules. The F06 lighting is controlled by the FRM module...whereas the F15 lighting is controlled by the BDC module.
So is bimmercode better than bimmertech?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 02:20 PM   #7
Kaotiktribe
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 750i-2019, VW Atlas-2021

So one thing I want to mention.

Have both Bimmercode and Bimmerlink obviously for different things.

Past use was via Enet and iphone adapter without issue. As of a few days ago neither worked via this route and unsure if due to Iphone updates or what not.

Went bluetooth route via OBDLinkCX and though slower it connects in seconds.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 04:51 PM   #8
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2424 View Post
So is bimmercode better than bimmertech?
It depends on what you're looking to do...or what you want.

Bimmercode (and its sister app Bimmerlink) are apps that allow you to code and do diagnostics on your own. Is that what you're looking for or do you want to pay someone else to do it? If so, then if you have to take your car back to the dealer and they update a module or software...you may lose all the coding you paid for.

If you have the Bimmercode app...you can recode it yourself without any additional expense other that the original cost of the app and whatever dongle or cable you chose to go with.

Also, many BMW LCI models can't be coded with Bimmercode...so check their website to see if your model year is capable...as well as check the site for the supported coding for your model platform to see if the list includes the things you want to do.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1