BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

03-15-2023, 03:53 PM   #1
Alex_Karmo
Rep
Drives: BMW G12 2017

CarPlay activation after update HU NBT EVO.

Hello!
I have BMW 7 G12 740 Li 2016. NBT EVO 5 head unit. CarPlay working.
I want to update all ECUs to the latest actual versions. Especially HU NBT as I don't have CarPlay_Fullscreen coding right now (via esys).
I have a doubt that after the HU NBT update, the CarPlay function will be active. I understand that an activation code may be required. But I don't have it.
I have an FSC file that I pulled out with the bimmercode app. But how to apply it if CarPlay does not work - I do not understand yet.
Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 04:58 PM   #2
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Hi,

I assume you used FeatureInstaller the first time around to get the CarPlay working, yes? You might be able to get the replacement code from your service provider.

You can also extract the FSC for CarPlay as you have already done and then save current CAFD file of HU. After the update, you can do an NCD compare with stock CAFD and see how coding differs regarding to old CarPlay activation and code manually. FSC needs to be reinjected for it all to work. This should work in theory, if all that is done to activate CarPlay is coding of HU and FSC injection, but I'm not entirely sure this is the case.
Appreciate 0