BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

02-23-2023, 12:41 PM   #23
mattsrs
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewQ View Post
The 7, like the last one, is sensitive to color and trim. I liked the Brooklyn Gray, but I think the 7 looks terrible in M-Sport with black trim and especially black grille.

For some reason, that’s what dealers, buyers, and even BMW seem to be speccing all the time. I guess people think it looks sporty and aggressive, but it actually just looks confused, weirdly weighted, and choppy in my opinion.

In luxury trim with chrome and two-tone, it looks like a rolls Royce and would have probably garnered much more praise I think.
You are certainly right! I wish they didn't mandate the M package in US models
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 03:59 PM   #24
Spam Head
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i7 xDrive60 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsrs View Post
You are certainly right! I wish they didn't mandate the M package in US models
I agree too. However there is a difference between M Sport and M Sport Pro.

M Sport Pro, which I think is the one you are referring to, comes with that horrible black kidney and confused so-called wannabe sport car look in the spec we have in Europe, whereas the M Sport is just regular trim which is slightly more muscular than the standard trim.

Oxide Grey in M Sport (NOT M Sport Pro) looks the best. Oxide Grey is basically the old Donnington Grey with touch more bronze in it.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 04:02 PM   #25
Spam Head
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
They literally implied the 7-series isn't any fun to drive outside a straight line...

It's no ultimate driving machine. I'd say only the Panamera in that segment comes close.
Depends on how you interpret their sense of humour!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 04:29 PM   #26
mattsrs
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spam Head View Post

M Sport Pro, which I think is the one you are referring to, comes with that horrible black kidney and confused so-called wannabe sport car look in the spec we have in Europe, whereas the M Sport is just regular trim which is slightly more muscular than the standard trim.

Oxide Grey in M Sport (NOT M Sport Pro) looks the best. Oxide Grey is basically the old Donnington Grey with touch more bronze in it.
I am aware of the difference between M sport and M sport pro but even base M sport package (which is standard on US models) adds unnecessary black parts to the front bumper and takes away the luxury look (if one wants to go that route vs sporty look)
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 11:51 PM   #27
Spam Head
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsrs View Post
I am aware of the difference between M sport and M sport pro but even base M sport package (which is standard on US models) adds unnecessary black parts to the front bumper and takes away the luxury look (if one wants to go that route vs sporty look)
It is strange that the M Sport is standard on the US models. It is the reverse in Europe.

I do however see your point, particularly on white colour cars. I guess it is a matter of taste.

What I do find rather cheap and tacky is that little M badge on the side of the M Sport versions and the blue M brakes. If it is not a M car it should not have M on it. It demeans M and makes the car look like it has had retrofits to make it look like a M car.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2023, 04:50 PM   #28
Certified Amateur
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Erratically

Glad to have watched that. Thank you OP for the link.

I’ve a neighbor who is as nutty about Benz as I am about BMW and I can’t seem to look away from the tragedy that is front and center on the grills of his S classes. What on earth is that shiny plastic insert mismatch on those and this new one? What is that? How is that ok? It’s all I can see of the front of the car. While I find the gentle downward slope of the prior and current Benz lower window line and it’s exaggerated upper cousin just sad, like the car is disappointed in itself.

Regards the automatic doors- if you can’t be bothered to figure out how they work, don’t dismiss them.
Appreciate 1
PABrian149.50
      02-26-2023, 06:01 AM   #29
It's Good
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i

I had a '15 and '17 W222 S-Class.IMHO my 760i rides better, drives better,handles better,is more compliant,is quieter,has better build quality,is more precise,is more fun to drive,and is considerably less expensive than the W223 generation.It comes down to personal preference,but I don't think I'll be back in a Mercedes anytime soon.P.S.-those Throttle House guys are pompous idiots!To me,that's not a proper comparo test!
Appreciate 5
Mr.blue223.00
KK22137.50
PABrian149.50
02M3ForMe4261.50
      02-26-2023, 11:50 PM   #30
Spam Head
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

The S tries but fails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Good View Post
I had a '15 and '17 W222 S-Class.IMHO my 760i rides better, drives better,handles better,is more compliant,is quieter,has better build quality,is more precise,is more fun to drive,and is considerably less expensive than the W223 generation.It comes down to personal preference,but I don't think I'll be back in a Mercedes anytime soon.P.S.-those Throttle House guys are pompous idiots!To me,that's not a proper comparo test!
I agree. I too am finding the new 7 as an absolute game changer. The S Class does get close but it is just not there with the refinement and ride quality. BMW has taken the game to the next level and this review spears to have some intentional BMW bashing in it just because every other credible review of the new7 has given it the head up for being the leader of its class. I guess you could say that they are trying very hard to be unique with their review just to stand out. In a way it has worked as it has generated these debates about its conclusions. However, any one who is or has driven the 2023 7 will know which of these two cars is best.
Appreciate 4
Mr.blue223.00
PABrian149.50
02M3ForMe4261.50
      03-01-2023, 02:14 AM   #31
rollingtaser
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i7 M70, SL63

i did the process of evaluation a bran new car. what i considered:

BMW i7, Mercedes S63 AMG, Mercedes EQS 53 AMG, Panamera 4S E Hybrid

my personal winner is the i7 - now just waiting for the M70 and hoping it's somewhere at 3.5 from 0-100 km/h

panamera: awesome car! driving is awesome... it's like glued to the road but no emotions.

mercedes: excellent driving, smooth and everything (EQS580 and S500)

BMW: excellent driving, relaxing and excellent

the choice is difficult - but what made me chose the BMW over the others? i have always been a mercedes guy and now chaning... why?

1) the A-column: on the mercedes and the panamera it's angle is too flat - using it as a car for daily operation, i want to get in and out quickly and comfortable. i just don't like it although it looks great from the outside

2) i'm 173 in height, so rather normal-small - in the S i feed like i have no air and headspace... unpleasant! what do people do that are like 180???

3) the S/EQS has no handrest... where do you put your right hand? and: to access functions the BMW has still the jog

4) the middle screen of the S is just ugly! so it is on the EQS, it's main function is to collect dust...

and yes, the front of the BMW 7 series... to call it a fart is a nice way to say what people think... good luck for me i will be inside the car not having to look at it
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 09:40 PM   #32
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i, 2020 Model X LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingtaser View Post

my personal winner is the i7 - now just waiting for the M70 and hoping it's somewhere at 3.5 from 0-100 km/h

panamera: awesome car! driving is awesome... it's like glued to the road but no emotions.

the choice is difficult - but what made me chose the BMW over the others? i have always been a mercedes guy and now chaning... why?

1) the A-column: on the mercedes and the panamera it's angle is too flat - using it as a car for daily operation, i want to get in and out quickly and comfortable. i just don't like it although it looks great from the outside

2) i'm 173 in height, so rather normal-small - in the S i feed like i have no air and headspace... unpleasant! what do people do that are like 180???

3) the S/EQS has no handrest... where do you put your right hand? and: to access functions the BMW has still the jog

4) the middle screen of the S is just ugly! so it is on the EQS, it's main function is to collect dust...

and yes, the front of the BMW 7 series... to call it a fart is a nice way to say what people think... good luck for me i will be inside the car not having to look at it
I haven’t driven the i7 but I had a EQS 580 and now the 760 and to me it’s not even close, the 760 is superior in every way. Handling, refinement, UX, interior space, presence on the road… the only thing I prefer with the EQS is the trunk space but that’s it. Have zero regrets getting the BMW.
Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4261.50
      03-02-2023, 01:43 AM   #33
rollingtaser
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i7 M70, SL63

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrikr View Post
I haven’t driven the i7 but I had a EQS 580 and now the 760 and to me it’s not even close, the 760 is superior in every way. Handling, refinement, UX, interior space, presence on the road… the only thing I prefer with the EQS is the trunk space but that’s it. Have zero regrets getting the BMW.
as the i7 and the 760 have the same chassis... the reason for me to get the i7 is simple: the v8 is not available here - and no way i'm buying a r6... yuck!

thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2023, 04:55 PM   #34
hufington
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 m50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingtaser View Post

I am 185 cm and I feel fine in my S580. I had a G Series 760 for a couple of months and I loved it! But the new exterior design of the new 7 series is a turn off for me. That's why I have an S63 on order for next year instead of a 760.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2023, 11:05 AM   #35
Beemer2018
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i

I had the 2021 S580 right before, and now the 2023 760i! Until the current model, I would have never said this, but the current 7 series is hands down superior in many ways to other cars in its class including the s class! I am truly enjoying this car. The power delivery, smoothness, the interior lay out, etc etc! I disagree with the review in some ways, not because I currently own the 7, but I felt that the seemingly random comments were scripted…thus blurring objectivity somewhere along the way!
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2023, 03:19 PM   #36
Beemer2018
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spam Head View Post

Oxide Grey! I love it 😻
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2023, 10:37 PM   #37
Mishalk11
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer2018 View Post
I had the 2021 S580 right before, and now the 2023 760i! Until the current model, I would have never said this, but the current 7 series is hands down superior in many ways to other cars in its class including the s class! I am truly enjoying this car here. The power delivery, smoothness, the interior lay out, etc etc! I disagree with the review in some ways, not because I currently own the 7, but I felt that the seemingly random comments were scripted…thus blurring objectivity somewhere along the way!
Regarding the review you mentioned, where you disagreed with some aspects, it's not uncommon for different individuals to have varying opinions on a vehicle. Reviews can be subjective, and it's possible that the comments you found scripted may have compromised the objectivity of the review. It's important to consider multiple sources and experiences when forming your own opinion about a car.

Ultimately, what matters most is your personal satisfaction with the 760i. Enjoying the car and finding it superior to others in its class is a testament to its quality and performance. Happy driving!

Last edited by Mishalk11; 06-23-2023 at 11:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2023, 01:44 PM   #38
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 i7 eDrive50 (Inaugural Yr)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewQ View Post
... but I think the 7 looks terrible in M-Sport with black trim and especially black grille.
I absolutely couldn't agree more.
Appreciate 0