BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

01-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #243
cs4444
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrayy///M View Post
uhmm, what Scott said made perfect sense to me. The center console area is clearly just plastic instead of the final materials and trim. It was your mistake to think that he meant the design would be radically different from the spy shots.
+1000
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 08:07 PM   #244
BossBeamer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Its actually high quality metal aluminium plating.
As I said you cannot make an exact impression because you see so very little.

So what r we gonna do? Have bmw send us some real pics plz. I don't like the 2 series looking rounded grills. Sacrifice 7 series for 9 series? So the 9 series is gonna look how the 7 series should of looked? Did they tone down the 7er for the mofo 9er? Why?

The car is nice just remove the chrome on the outside and make the front a little more sportier.

Scott have U seen the new 7er in person? Can u get us some real pics?

Thanks bro
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 08:16 PM   #245
shanecarmaster1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 325i, F01 750Li, e38 740i

Quote:
A 7er cannot afford to be radical because they have a specific demographic to appeal to. G11 will definitely appeal to the traditional loyal 7er customer.

No it doesn't. I own a 2001 740i Sport and an F02 750Li. My heart lays with every 7 series on and before the e38. BMW HAS FALLEN ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL. The 7 series currently has nothing to offer except marketing bs telling the customer that this car is "the sporty luxury sedan". They buy it. I don't believe one word. You know something's wrong when BMWs are now losing comparison tests left and right.

BMWs used to excite, invoke some sort of passion, admiration, x factor, set itself apart from all the competition because the engines were musical and addictive to ring out, the balance of the car was alien, they were light, and the entire driving experience was raw and memorable and satisfying, all while maintaining a sense of comfort and usability. BMWs USED to be cool. Remember when it was an occasion to see one on the road? When the 80s and 90s BMWs were used for action movies and you couldn't help but admire them? Well, now a BMW is a grossly overpriced and pimped out Camry that uses "sportiness" an excuse for cheapness and shoddy quality.

I bought the F02 because I needed a newer (and very big) car, the W221 S class was about to go out of date, I felt like an old man in the Lexus at the time (not anymore), the Audi at the time was very outdated, and I wanted to try to like the new 7 series. I was wrong. It's boring, numb, soulless, clinical, and I often leave it at home for the e38 except when I feel like pulling up in my "new big BMW". That's really all BMWs have been designed for these days: sales. Soccer moms and ignorant class-chasers who want to flash their status. I had an F30 328i loaner that was an embarrassment to drive, but that's another rant. My 750 will be forgotten once I trade it in, which is a shame because it stickered for $110k and was my last chance for BMW.

There are SO many forums and clubs and groups that oogle and lust over the BMWs of the glory days, but how can you think that anyone will want these new BMWs as classics in the future?

I can't believe BMW thinks its loyal customers are really that stupid.

This is my cherished e38. I DARE you to find a better, more iconic and lusted-after mainstream BMW since then. A truly good car doesn't need explaining.

Appreciate 1
      01-01-2015, 08:27 PM   #246
BossBeamer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanecarmaster1 View Post
No it doesn't. I own a 2001 740i Sport and an F02 750Li. My heart lays with every 7 series on and before the e38. BMW HAS FALLEN ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL. The 7 series currently has nothing to offer except marketing bs telling the customer that this car is "the sporty luxury sedan". They buy it. I don't believe one word. You know something's wrong when BMWs are now losing comparison tests left and right.

BMWs used to excite, invoke some sort of passion, admiration, x factor, set itself apart from all the competition because the engines were musical and addictive to ring out, the balance of the car was alien, they were light, and the entire driving experience was raw and memorable and satisfying, all while maintaining a sense of comfort and usability. BMWs USED to be cool. Remember when it was an occasion to see one on the road? When the 80s and 90s BMWs were used for action movies and you couldn't help but admire them? Well, now a BMW is a grossly overpriced and pimped out Camry that uses "sportiness" an excuse for cheapness and shoddy quality.

I bought the F02 because I needed a newer (and very big) car, the W221 S class was about to go out of date, I felt like an old man in the Lexus at the time (not anymore), the Audi at the time was very outdated, and I wanted to try to like the new 7 series. I was wrong. It's boring, numb, soulless, clinical, and I often leave it at home for the e38 except when I feel like pulling up in my "new big BMW". That's really all BMWs have been designed for these days: sales. Soccer moms and ignorant class-chasers who want to flash their status. I had an F30 328i loaner that was an embarrassment to drive, but that's another rant. My 750 will be forgotten once I trade it in, which is a shame because it stickered for $110k and was my last chance for BMW.

There are SO many forums and clubs and groups that oogle and lust over the BMWs of the glory days, but how can you think that anyone will want these new BMWs as classics in the future?

This is my cherished e38. I DARE you to find a better, more iconic and lusted-after mainstream BMW since then. A truly good car doesn't need explaining.

I hope BMW corporate sees this fucking post!😍
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 08:34 PM   #247
shanecarmaster1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossBeamer View Post
I hope BMW corporate sees this fucking post!😍
Thank you I could've gone even deeper, especially with that loaner I had and all the bs submodels that BMW feels are necessary. Front wheel drive? Minivan looking "Active Tourers"? The only thing active will be me and many other loyal BMW customers settling a deal at another manufacturer's dealership. BMW no longer has my business because I will not be taken for a fool and I simply don't enjoy their cars. 9 Series? What are we luxurious now? I thought we were sporty?
      01-01-2015, 08:42 PM   #248
BananaCar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs4444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrayy///M View Post
uhmm, what Scott said made perfect sense to me. The center console area is clearly just plastic instead of the final materials and trim. It was your mistake to think that he meant the design would be radically different from the spy shots.
+1000
Reading comprehension? I said the leaked spy pics as I have shown in my reply will be the same as production with maybe some cosmetic changes of a polished product. Scott was the one said the spy pics are not the final product and existing parts and prototype are being used and that we are almost a year away and it will be different! Have he said the parts in the spy pics are the production parts less the polish finishes on it then it would be different. Having metal on wood as same as the current 5 & 7 series is far from what he was saying and far from the design he said would be coming.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 09:00 PM   #249
advantage20
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 330d

The "7" seems slightly larger than the other characters.

Is BMW evolving its graphic identity, where every variant was traditionally being labeled with a 3 equally sized digits designation, for the sake of a better legibility and model individualization? So that people would be less tempted to say "three hundred and twenty" or "five hundred fifty" and more tempted to say "THREE-twenty or SEVEN-fourty", thus stressing the series number as being the main part of the model's name and not being left clueless by some obscure designation.

It seems obvious to us car enthusiasts who are in the know, but it's not that obvious for the average Joe that a 330d is a "3 Series" to begin with. Merc and especially Audi have an easier job at labelling their models and making them instantly recognizable for what they are, while BMW is traditionnally merging the series number of a given model with the engine number, resulting into multiple designations within the same model range (316, 318, 320, 325, 328, 330, 335...) and thus creating potential confusion as to what the model's actual name is (e.g. 3 Series and not three-hundred-and-twenty-dee...).

Last edited by advantage20; 01-02-2015 at 10:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 09:00 PM   #250
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanecarmaster1
Quote:
A 7er cannot afford to be radical because they have a specific demographic to appeal to. G11 will definitely appeal to the traditional loyal 7er customer.

Amen!!
Attached Images

01-01-2015, 09:01 PM   #251
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:

Finally someone that gets it. I've been saying it for so long now but everyone dismisses me as a troll. BMW USED to be THE ONLY option for sporting luxury. The had IT. Not anymore. I used to love BMW. They turned their backs on their true fan base for sales to compete with Benz and Audi. Now its a poseur car.
BTW, I love you're E38 7 series. Its my favorite 7 series ever.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 09:54 PM   #252
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

I like the rear however I think the headlights are awful.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 09:56 PM   #253
shanecarmaster1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
Amen!!
It's good to have support from my e38 brethren' from Bimmerforums

I still sorta want silver.
      01-01-2015, 10:20 PM   #254
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
Amen!!

I sometimes really want Imola. I enjoy driving this car as much as the M. I'm thinking the GranCoupe may be the spiritual successor to the E38 Sport.
      01-01-2015, 10:30 PM   #255
Noobish
Rep
Drives: E39 / E60

I would not devote time answering these posts if i were Scott26.
Just let the hate bandwagon go on and wait until the car is released officially and we have some high res pictures.

People always complain when they release a new model. (Forum members)
Oh wait, humans hate change . . . good or bad we tend to hate it.
Maybe some of you guys dont like the design or it doesn't inspire you anything but it probably does for someone else.
Dont waste your time and effort.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 11:37 PM   #256
Mick007
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i Coupe

why are you guys being so rude to scott? seriously? chill out
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 12:21 AM   #257
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Even though the current exposed photos don't excite me and think the new S classe is luxurious, I would be interested in what current 7 series owners think. I am sure BMW have done their homework and have a clear idea of what their target market wants.
Current 7 series owners what say you?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 12:23 AM   #258
shanecarmaster1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
Even though the current exposed photos don't excite me and think the new S classe is luxurious, I would be interested in what current 7 series owners think. I am sure BMW have done their homework and have a clear idea of what their target market wants.
I've already strongly stated my opinion
      01-02-2015, 02:00 AM   #259
Antares
First Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: dark-blue coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkgraphiteNYC View Post
Quite Amazing how this pic pretty much nailed what the G11 will look like back in 8/13...

This could've saved us all the suspense...

http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873429

BMW dropped the ball on this one. Such a blah looking car. I think the lights connecting to the grills look absolutely horrible--a horrible trend starting with the 3 series. Sort of like the cars are wearing goggles. Not sleek or stylistic at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated ///M Power View Post
Everyone back then hated the design also.
those lights (eyes) connecting to the "nose" openings look very unnatural; I really don't like this particular design idea.
Otherwise, the car looks as if BMW is missing the design department and so they've just limited themselves to iron the old model.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 02:07 AM   #260
Antares
First Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: dark-blue coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
I've already stopped the lease contract on the actual 7 series to be prolonged with this "new" 7 series (company car).
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 02:07 AM   #261
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:

Don't forget the E46 peeps! We agree too!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 03:18 AM   #262
X3paul
Banned
Rep
Drives: E9 CSi, Z4M coup, E65 730d, E4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3paul View Post
Look the same to me...scott?

Ps - shit that plastic chrome on the climate controls sure looks cheap
Its actually high quality metal aluminium plating.
As I said you cannot make an exact impression because you see so very little.
Lol thats what you said bout my i8 and x3 interior pics...and guess who was spot on and ended up beeing proven right by bmw itself when x3 lci came up?

Mate I get it. Your on bmw's payroll so you cant exactly talk trash bout them. But standing by this? Just makes u look silly really
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 03:30 AM   #263
X3paul
Banned
Rep
Drives: E9 CSi, Z4M coup, E65 730d, E4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek
Quote:
Quote:

Amen!!
I came so close to buying this beauty on autotrader.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 04:01 AM   #264
emulajavi
First Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: MINI JCW F56

Looks really really good

Finally the hood line is fixed!!! We've had to wait one entire generation (FXX) to have it fixed but it's finally idone.

For me, the design of the F01 was almost perfect except for the hood line, so very excited with this G11 since the design is evolutionary and not revolutionary.

Only having some concerns with the rear end since the F01 rear is one of the best I've seen. It so balanced. Maybe the G11 seems to high or bulky, but I'll wait for the official photos to make a judgement.

Also, that chrome line in the lower part of each side makes me think this may be a concept car, since for example the active tourer (2 series) had it on the concept but not on the final production version.
Appreciate 0