BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

05-11-2023, 05:36 PM   #1
DBMSPORT7
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Starter battery is limited

I use the app to remote start my car to get the air going, and a warning popped up that said starter battery is limited.

What exactly does that mean and what does it entail to make it go away?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 06:49 PM   #2
Danyal.N55
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 and BMW 7 Series

Garage List
2017 BMW 740i   [10.00]
I believe it’s like Ford where it Shuts off the Remote Start and stuff to Preserve Battery Life. Try to have the vehicle Idling for 10 to 15 Minutes or Longer to let the car Charge and see if goes away.
      05-11-2023, 06:53 PM   #3
DBMSPORT7
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyal.N55 View Post
I believe it’s like Ford where it Shuts off the Remote Start and stuff to Preserve Battery Life. Try to have the vehicle Idling for 10 to 15 Minutes or Longer to let the car Charge and see if goes away.
Will do..thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 02:48 AM   #4
Rioskis
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 740Le x drive

Anyone got messages like that?
Even my car doesn’t show any faults or notifications only the bmw app
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 05:29 AM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioskis View Post
The first 3 messages are common and are just notifications that you have some CBS services that will be due in Nov. If you go into VEHICLE STATUS INFO in iDrive…they will say the same thing.

Since you have an “e” I would look into the battery warning. I can’t tell if it is your smaller 12 volt battery or if the warning is about your larger high power battery. One or the other is registering low voltage (power conditions). You don’t give any indication of your vehicle’s “age”…but if you often use power consumers or the vehicle sits for long periods of time or you drive short distances…the smaller 12 volt battery may be getting near the end of its life or may need to be hooked up to a battery maintainer/tender/charger.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1
Rioskis14.50
      05-12-2023, 05:43 AM   #6
Rioskis
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 740Le x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
The first 3 messages are common and are just notifications that you have some CBS services that will be due in Nov. If you go into VEHICLE STATUS INFO in iDrive…they will say the same thing.

Since you have an “e” I would look into the battery warning. I can’t tell if it is your smaller 12 volt battery or if the warning is about your larger high power battery. One or the other is registering low voltage (power conditions). You don’t give any indication of your vehicle’s “age”…but if you often use power consumers or the vehicle sits for long periods of time or you drive short distances…the smaller 12 volt battery may be getting near the end of its life or may need to be hooked up to a battery maintainer/tender/charger.
Thank you. I was in bmw service today they said many of us got the same msg so it’s only a glitch in the bmw app. They said if something wrong inside bmw car you will get a notification or fault msg.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 06:26 AM   #7
DBMSPORT7
Rep

Quote:
Okay now that's weird because that's exactly the same messages I got except for the engine oil mileage on mine says 9,000 something miles even though I'm almost at 43,000 miles.

I'm beginning to wonder if there's a glitch in the app. It hasn't been updating the fuel consumption. It still shows that even though I filled up Monday and I'm down to almost a half a tank it still shows it as full.

I bought the car used from our BMW dealer and I know for a fact that they changed the oil along with the cabin air filters and the brake pads right before we bought it. So I don't need an oil change. I have an appointment on Tuesday morning for them to look at it and also to find out why it will download but not install the latest software update
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 06:50 AM   #8
DBMSPORT7
Rep

Quote:
Thank you. I was in bmw service today they said many of us got the same msg so it’s only a glitch in the bmw app. They said if something wrong inside bmw car you will get a notification or fault msg.

I typed out my last response before I read your response. That's what I was figuring that it was a glitch in the app
Appreciate 0