BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

05-16-2023, 08:24 AM   #1
gpb75238
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 750

Question 2021 750 Front Sensors vs License Tag Bracket

I am new to this forum and am grateful in advance for any insight you can provide. I've owned a 2014 BMW 740Li for years but only recently purchased a 2021 BMW 750 I.

Here's the question: I live in a state (Texas, USA) that requires a front license plate. Does anyone know where BMW recommends its owners place the license tag so that it does not interfere with any of the technology or sensors? I looked around town and it seems most of the BMWs on the road have ignored the front license plate requirement, which may not be the best answer.

Any suggestions (or pictures) would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to drill holes and place the bracket only to learn it blocks an important sensor.

THANK YOU.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2023, 09:24 AM   #2
Danyal.N55
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 and BMW 7 Series

Garage List
2017 BMW 740i   [10.00]
Being in Texas also, I once asked a cop and he literally said: “German cars don’t need a Front Plate as you cannot mount one” and I laughed so hard. So I decided to run without it (Not recommended) and I haven’t been stopped or anything. Now Yes, BMW Does have the Front and Rear AEB (Automatic Emergency Braking) and it has Sensors. I do not believe and may be wrong With a License Plate on the AEB Will still work or my suggestion is Mount it under the AEB Sensor.
      05-16-2023, 02:26 PM   #3
Coastboater
Rep
Drives: 2017 740i

Here’s a pic of the front bumper cover on my 2017 740. Notice the 4 bumper plugs. These are in the holes for the screws that used to hold the plate bracket.
The bracket is contoured to fit the bumper cover, so get the bracket for your car first and use it as the template to mark/drill the holes.
Keep in mind there’s not much of a gap between the bumper cover and bumper itself, so be careful when you’re drilling and use short screws to mount the bracket.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0