BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

05-21-2023, 07:42 PM   #1
elvism
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: currently 2011 BMW M3 E90... H

Theater screen - available?

Think I’m about to getting a 7 series. I’m interested in the theater screen. I heard it’s not available right now. I was wondering if you guys heard anything or updated news.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2023, 09:09 PM   #2
seans
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

That is correct. It's not an optionable item currently in the USA.
A dealer, to my understanding, literally cannot place an order for the package that includes the TV.

Someone from the BMW feedback team called me last month, soliciting a review of the vehicle, and during the call I asked him why some of the options are currently not available. This is not official information, and frankly the representative could have 100% been speculating, but he did sound confident ...

The gentleman offered two reasons: part constraints (notably wire harnesses for the more expensive options) and that the company is preparing for the MY24, more stratified lineup for the 7 model offerings. He continued that some of these features will be brought back to the MY24 order guide (likely coming at the beginning of June 2023 to dealerships).

You can still option some or all of these features on Canadian and Belgian configurators, last time I checked, indicating they're not discontinued. It indicates to me BMWNA are stockpiling parts likely for MY24 7 series orders and likely for the massive amounts of new MY24 i5s they're going to be selling
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2023, 11:24 PM   #3
XZLR8
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i

I wondered why I hadn't seen one yet. When I ordered my 760i, the automatic doors also weren't available.

'23 BMW 760i • Dravit|Amarone
'23 BMW X1 xDrive28i • StormBay|Black
'23 Range Rover Sport P400 • Borasco|Black
[ Departed, 2000-Present: 33 BMWs, 3 Land Rovers, 3 Audis, and 3 Lexuses. ]
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2023, 03:29 AM   #4
rollingtaser
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i7 M70, SL63

Quote:
Originally Posted by seans View Post
That is correct. It's not an optionable item He continued that some of these features will be brought back to the MY24 order guide (likely coming at the beginning of June 2023 to dealerships)
hello seans

thanks for the information. to to be sure i understand you correctly: cars produced in june or ordered before that will be produced starting in june are the MY24 cars?

thanks!
Appreciate 0