BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

05-15-2023, 10:51 AM   #1
Boxscore
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Sky Lounge Glass Roof Issue

Name:  glassroof.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  233.9 KB
My glass roof has major issues. Started out with a couple small bubbles which appear to be sandwiched between the layers of glass that I noticed after taking delivery last month. Now it's completed exploded. BMW service says they need to contact BMW corporate to get it replaced. It's been a week without any followup from my service manager. Not happy! Also, my keys have failed. I can only operate the car with my cellphone. And the passenger air vent and touch panel to control it failed... along with the passenger automatic door quit working! This is after a little less than a month of taking delivery.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2023, 11:54 AM   #2
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore View Post
Attachment 3181471
My glass roof has major issues. Started out with a couple small bubbles which appear to be sandwiched between the layers of glass that I noticed after taking delivery last month. Now it's completed exploded. BMW service says they need to contact BMW corporate to get it replaced. It's been a week without any followup from my service manager. Not happy! Also, my keys have failed. I can only operate the car with my cellphone. And the passenger air vent and touch panel to control it failed... along with the passenger automatic door quit working! This is after a little less than a month of taking delivery.
I assume very low mileage. See earlier posts here. Ask for a new car. The worst thing to happen is they say no.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2023, 01:02 PM   #3
GuynamedGuy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxscore View Post
Attachment 3181471
Every problem you described I am also going thru, BMW aproved a glass replacement, been waiting over a month for the part to come in. Also they fixed the door open button on the passenger side. But it went out again less then a week later.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 10:03 PM   #4
Boxscore
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuynamedGuy View Post
Every problem you described I am also going thru, BMW aproved a glass replacement, been waiting over a month for the part to come in. Also they fixed the door open button on the passenger side. But it went out again less then a week later.

Coincidently enough, we have the same color car.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 01:22 AM   #5
rollingtaser
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i7 M70, SL63

i'm going to pass on this extra when ordering...
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 07:11 AM   #6
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingtaser View Post
i'm going to pass on this extra when ordering...
I don't think its an "extra" unless the offerings are different in Switzerland. Its the standard roof.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 08:58 AM   #7
Boxscore
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
I don't think its an "extra" unless the offerings are different in Switzerland. Its the standard roof.
agree
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 09:18 AM   #8
rollingtaser
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
i thought so too... the configurator for the BMW showed an option calles "sky lounge" that could be unselected. it could be that there are some flaws as the trailer-hook was missing (oke, maybe for the M70 it's gone) and some other weird options. the final release of the configurator is on the 25. - i'll know more then...
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 01:06 PM   #9
ewoody
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M760e xDrive (2x)

Garage List
Glass roof is standard, the option called sky lounge are the light strips in the roof.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 08:03 AM   #10
Boxscore
Registered
Rep

Update:
I was informed yesterday that it would be two months before the new glass panel will arrive to the dealership. My car has now been at the dealership for four days and they are still unable to correct the other issues. I'll be consulting with an attorney soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 09:01 AM   #11
rollingtaser
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

i just talked to my dealer as i asked about any restraints on options...

the automatic door restraint lifted recently, but
the skylounge is now restraint and not orderable - i wonder if it's because of this issue here...
Appreciate 0