BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

01-02-2015, 02:03 PM   #287
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

2016 BMW 7 Series fully exposed. Front end styling is a combination of the F30 and X5. Rear styling is clean and sleek with integrated exhaust outlets as seen on the test mules. Sporting optional laser headlights on this pre-production display model. LED lighting will be standard, with laser lighting as an optional upgrade.

The G11 next gen 7 series will be built on BMW's new module platform and feature the B family of engines. The chassis will borrow heavy from the BMW i3 and i8 for weight savings. The interior has the latest iDrive with a touch screen. The full details are expected to come out before the Geneva Auto show. In Geneva BMW will pull the wraps of this next gen 7 series officially.

Well....

I can honestly say that my NEXT car won't be the G11 unless there is something super special under hood or something else that these pics aren't revealing...?

Wow... I am VERY disappointed but actually NOT surprised as the camouflaged G11 floating around for a while looks like this dimensionally.

The BIGGEST disappointment for me is that it looks like a facelifted F0! That dash looks damn near identical except for the steering wheel. I do like the headlight and tail light design. But again... That is to be expected from a "Face Lift" not a complete redesign from the floor up like the new S Class.
      01-02-2015, 03:02 PM   #288
serge
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP (Sold) / '06 C6 Z06

Is it on jack stands? Maybe this is the off-road version
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 03:16 PM   #289
Antares
First Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: dark-blue coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post

I can honestly say that my NEXT car won't be the G11 unless there is something super special under hood or something else that these pics aren't revealing...?

The BIGGEST disappointment for me is that it looks like a facelifted F0! [/B][/FONT]
I agree fully; it's a facelift. (they are probably trying to economize after the investment in the i3, i8 and all the "derivates" of late).
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 04:02 PM   #290
advantage20
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 330d

Quote:
I can honestly say that my NEXT car won't be the G11 unless there is something super special under hood
It will (leather engine cover )
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 04:34 PM   #291
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

All I want to know...

Is WTF happened to THIS:

And THIS:

Do you mean to tell me that BMW could not tweak these GORGEOUS designs and make it fit/work for the road???

Hell YES they could have!!! They chose NOT to. But the burning question is why...?
      01-02-2015, 04:34 PM   #292
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by advantage20 View Post

Ok that was...
      01-02-2015, 04:36 PM   #293
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Having owned 3 Bimmers, I will ALWAYS have a fondness for the car!

But I'm not one to bite my tongue on anything. If THIS is the actual car, Disappointment is not nearly a strong enough word to express my personal impression.

Not only did that have even MORE time to see exactly what their primary competitor in Mercedes Benz did, they have had 8yrs people, EIGHT YEARS! Count them.
And they honestly release THIS... Their FLAGSHIP vehicle for goodness sakes with minor facelifts inside and out. Oh and they reduce some weight?

Naw... This is some epic fail as far as I'm concerned. Will it sale? Hell... A $70k KIA will sale these days! Speaking of... That particular manufacturer, KIA, should've also been motivation to FURTHER "revolutionize" the 7! That K9000 is waaaay to close for comfort in the styling dept.

I understand some of you will reserve 'final judgement'. So will I. But IF this is what we can expect except with a V8, bigger wheels and a in a different shade, then I am content with my paid off F0 and will simply grab something different else in a year or two.

It is painfully apparent to me that BMW is totally content with focusing their majority efforts on the 3 and X and then the 5. With the 7 being a distant last. I guess this has become a game of numbers/volume for the brand.

Just can NOT contain my disappointment...
      01-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #294
E39hijinks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Lexus

Dear BMW:

Three things are atrocious about this car.

1) The headlights and general front end design.

2) The cheesy black wheels. They look like they cost $5.

3) The ride height (no matter which option/configuration package is shown.

This car is obviously intended to be demonstrated at an auto show so I imagine whatever is shown is whatever BMW intends the public to see. I have a hard time believing the interior is "still in the works." I can't imagine how much better "real" leather can look better than "prototype" leather. As far as materials go, they seem fine even considering this is a poor photograph with poor lighting. That being said, the rest of the car is just "meh" especially compared to the new S-Class. To be fair, this car will probably look better when better pictures of a better car in a better color/options are posted. But I can't imagine even in the best case scenario that I'd be "wowed." A new generation flagship should "wow" people.

Like the new S-Class.

This new 7 is definitely not something any head of state seems like they would be driving. That new BMW headlight design language going into the strange looking kidneys may work (and barely) on a 3 Series but not a full size heavyweight flagship. C'mon.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 05:44 PM   #295
BossBeamer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by advantage20 View Post

LMAOOOAOAO
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 05:45 PM   #296
BossBeamer
Private
Rep

Quote:
All I want to know...

Is WTF happened to THIS:

And THIS:

Do you mean to tell me that BMW could not tweak these GORGEOUS designs and make it fit/work for the road???

Hell YES they could have!!! They chose NOT to. But the burning question is why...?

Ay man I swear I'd pay $250k for that car. What a freaking sexy ass mother fucking concept. Why didn't they just
Fucking make that and add a $20k premium over the f01
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 06:30 PM   #297
cs4444
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russkey View Post
Not impressed with the design. I hate to say that but S class is s clear winner in this category.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares View Post
even the upcoming Audi A8 looks and feels better inside and outside, so no need for the S-class
I disagree I'm not a fan of Audi's, I think the Prologue concept was very underwelming. It looks like a stretched version of their current design language which they have used for the last decade, and the rear has a Buick feel to it.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 06:32 PM   #298
cs4444
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossBeamer View Post
Ay man I swear I'd pay $250k for that car. What a freaking sexy ass mother fucking concept. Why didn't they just
Fucking make that and add a $20k premium over the f01
I believe Scott has stated on a few occasions that they will release a model above the 7 series which will have more design cues from the vision future luxury concept.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 06:32 PM   #299
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs4444 View Post
I disagree I'm not a fan of Audi's, I think the Prologue concept was very underwelming. It looks like a stretched version of their current design language which they have used for the last decade, and the rear has a Buick feel to it.
I too agree with your views on Audi. That concept is lackluster!
      01-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #300
Michael Joseph
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i

OMG very boring car....... So disappointed
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 06:43 PM   #301
Michael Joseph
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i

Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3paul
Interesting but we need an msport and better colours to judge it. Interior trim is very s class chrome - i prefer the piano black in A8 - the steering wheel too thick but the instrument panel is far better than the one in the sclass. The tail pipes are weird and I dont care much for the line ala x6 the finishes the side front and rear bumper. The headlights seem too big in these pics I was hoping they would look sleeker but then again these are not the best pics ever. Lets wait. I think the shoulder line on the current 7 is stronger and the interior is still no match for audi and merc.
OMG...... So boring...... Look like it will have a difficult time to compete with other cars
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 07:59 PM   #302
vortexz
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 2013

Okay.If i remember right, I had the same impression when I first saw F01 in pictures.I was saying that the improvement ain't big enough, but then after I saw it live I started to love it more and more.
In the pictures we see here, only the back is what we can fully understand how it looks like, the profile picture ain't very clear because it's in a low light condition and the picture of front,oh well, we can barely see the headlights and a bit of the hood.

So, this will be my first impressions:

BACK : Compared to F01, G11 looks damn sexy ! That ass is simply awesome, despide some of you may say the backlights are just backflipped from the A8

SIDE : It' hard to tell from pictures as they are in low light, but the side of the car is at least as good as the F01

FRONT : Can't say much about front because we can barely see it in the picture, but I can say that I really really DISLIKE the headlights that end in the kidney grille, just like in the new 3 series and the new x5. BMW really doesn't understand that we don't like this kind of design ? it looks crap

OVERALL: For the exterior,If the headlights weren't attached to the kidney grill, I belive this car would look awesome compared to the S class or A8
The interior is just ... man they are stuck with this interior for ages !
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 08:48 PM   #303
BossBeamer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortexz View Post
Okay.If i remember right, I had the same impression when I first saw F01 in pictures.I was saying that the improvement ain't big enough, but then after I saw it live I started to love it more and more.
In the pictures we see here, only the back is what we can fully understand how it looks like, the profile picture ain't very clear because it's in a low light condition and the picture of front,oh well, we can barely see the headlights and a bit of the hood.

BACK : Compared to F01, G11 looks damn sexy ! That ass is simply awesome, despide some of you may say the backlights are just backflipped from the A8

SIDE : It' hard to tell from pictures as they are in low light, but the side of the car is at least as good as the F01

FRONT : Can't say much about front because we can barely see it in the picture, but I can say that I really really DISLIKE the headlights that end in the kidney grille, just like in the new 3 series and the new x5. BMW really doesn't understand that we don't like this kind of design ? it looks crap

OVERALL: For the exterior,If the headlights weren't attached to the kidney grill, I belive this car would look awesome compared to the S class or A8

Yea back loold better on g11 🍼 a
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 09:14 PM   #304
rr006rbc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M440i GC

Look at that nice Lexus LS! oh wait. I mean new 7 series.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 09:56 PM   #305
DisonKlaud
internal combustion engine maniac
Rep
Drives: E90 325i F82 M4ZCP G82 M4C

so ugly
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 11:51 PM   #306
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
All I want to know...

Is WTF happened to THIS:

And THIS:

Well, my understanding is that this will be the 9er...
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 11:58 PM   #307
BossBeamer
Private
Rep

PLZ build that gran Lusso PLZZZZ
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 12:03 AM   #308
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
I agree with most of your points, and I see this car a success to a certain degree...
I only don't share your comment on kidney grill and headlights integration...I've owned both F30 & F15 and I'm a 100% fan of this design(also owned the older versions like F25)...in fact, I'm waiting for either the new G30 or new 6series with integrated design....it grows on you...
What I'm trying to say is that it's not everyone who dislikes the design...all tastes are respected...I think that's why BMW is still designing and launching the split design as well such as the new 2series and active tourer ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortexz View Post

Appreciate 0