BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

07-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
darrin750LI
Registered
Rep
Drives: 750LI

2011 750LI Won't Start at Random Times

Has anyone had a similar problem as me? Have less than 3K miles on the car. I usually leave my key fob in the car over night as we live in the country. So it's unlocked most of the time. Every once in a while, I'll come out in the morning to start the car and it doesn't. It just turns on all the electronics -- no warnings or anything. Repeated pressing of the start/stop does nothing to help. It seems after about 5 minutes if I walk away from the car for in excess of 1 minute that I can then go back and start the car normally. This is painful. I've called my local BMW dealer where I purchased and seems like I'm the only one there that's experienced this problem. Any help or direction before I take it to the dealer would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Darrin
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Have not had this problem. Sorry to hear of your troubles.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #3
Relapse
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

leave your key fob out of ur car for a week or so and see if the problem continues.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Lock your car after use and take the key in the house for two weeks as suggested.

You may be hitting a child safety branch in the iDrive code.

If the key is left in the car for too long the system may inhibit the start function so as to prevent a child from starting the car. This would not be a defect but a feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrin750LI View Post
Has anyone had a similar problem as me? Have less than 3K miles on the car. I usually leave my key fob in the car over night as we live in the country. So it's unlocked most of the time. Every once in a while, I'll come out in the morning to start the car and it doesn't. It just turns on all the electronics -- no warnings or anything. Repeated pressing of the start/stop does nothing to help. It seems after about 5 minutes if I walk away from the car for in excess of 1 minute that I can then go back and start the car normally. This is painful. I've called my local BMW dealer where I purchased and seems like I'm the only one there that's experienced this problem. Any help or direction before I take it to the dealer would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Darrin
Appreciate 0