BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

02-04-2023, 07:06 PM   #1
eocan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 Alpina B7; 2022 X7

Loose OBD-II Port

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi all,

Recently bought a 2020 B7.

I noticed the OBD-II port in the car is loose. The plastic part that the OBD-II port attaches to, to the immediate left of the OBD-II port, has a broken tab.

I took some pictures but am having trouble making sense of the part numbers above the QR code. I'm hoping to find the part online to purchase myself and am assuming this part is not unique to the 7-series.

Any guidance regarding which part this is and where I could find it? Or any pointers on figuring out the part number myself?

I found this diagram on realoem.com, and I'm guessing the part is #9. But the diagram only provides a part number for part 11.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by eocan; 02-04-2023 at 07:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 03:41 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

If you used your VIN to look up that part…any items in the illustration that are grayed out indicates they ARE NOT for your car. This goes for the part nbrs below the diagram, too…any that ARE NOT listed means they aren’t used on your car.

It appears that only item #11 is for your car in that diagram since everything else is grayed out.

Also, BMW part nbrs have 11 digits “xx xx x xxx xxx”…it doesn’t look like anything on the QR code sticker is a BMW part number. Some times on smaller items…BMW will use just the lat 7 digits of the part nbr (x xxx xxx). The QR sticker is probably for the MFG that supplied the part to BMW.

Your OBD II diagnostic connector is X6 in the illustration below and is obviously attached to something else. You need to remove more stuff down there to find out what it’s actually attached to.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 02-05-2023 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 0