BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

06-27-2022, 12:56 PM   #1
LuckyW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport

Recall - 0013650300 Program Control Units (DDE) On Board Diagnosis /

I received a notification to bring the vehicle to the dealer I'm afraid that they will break something because nothing is happening to my car
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 01:35 PM   #2
Froodme
England
Rep
Drives: G12 740LD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyW View Post
I received a notification to bring the vehicle to the dealer I'm afraid that they will break something because nothing is happening to my car
Just got this today as well. Nice that BMW recognise an issue but I'd rather they fixed it and also cleaned my intake manifold instead .
I'm in the U.K. and the car is a late 2016 740LD xDrive (G12).
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 01:52 PM   #3
FlyHigh757
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G12 - 740Ld

I was phoned up by BMW on the 16th June for this recall. I asked "How serious is it?" The reply was "Well, we can get you in tomorrow" 🤨 enough said, normally a two week wait to get in to this dealer!

My 740Ld went in to the dealer last Monday (20th June)… they still have it and it's now the 27th.

It took them 2 days to do the software update. It kept crashing, but finally uploaded, very slowly though. They also had to get a new software key from BMW (FSC I'm guessing) as it corrupted the head unit software.

I had reported that the previous week I had a couple of engine stutters. Lasted about 5 seconds with a cold engine and driving slowly. Diagnosed as an EGR problem. So a new one was being fitted last Thursday, but taking them ages. Not heard a back from them today, so I guess they still haven't installed the new one. I didn't think the EGR valve was a big job on this engine. 🤷🏼

As for the suspension noise… I get a metallic sound from the NSF suspension when going over small bumps - it sounds a bit like a tambourine. Could be a heat shield maybe… anyway, they can't find where the sound is coming from so, they've left that!

Hope to get it back soon…

Best of luck with the recall 👍🏼
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 05:16 PM   #4
LuckyW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Is already 2y with me (from 18K km), many types of driving style () and never let me down, I will not go for this recall.

Last edited by LuckyW; 08-15-2022 at 07:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2022, 09:37 AM   #5
johnboy999
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G11 740D 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh757 View Post
I was phoned up by BMW on the 16th June for this recall. I asked "How serious is it?" The reply was "Well, we can get you in tomorrow" 🤨 enough said, normally a two week wait to get in to this dealer!

My 740Ld went in to the dealer last Monday (20th June)… they still have it and it's now the 27th.

It took them 2 days to do the software update. It kept crashing, but finally uploaded, very slowly though. They also had to get a new software key from BMW (FSC I'm guessing) as it corrupted the head unit software.

I had reported that the previous week I had a couple of engine stutters. Lasted about 5 seconds with a cold engine and driving slowly. Diagnosed as an EGR problem. So a new one was being fitted last Thursday, but taking them ages. Not heard a back from them today, so I guess they still haven't installed the new one. I didn't think the EGR valve was a big job on this engine. 🤷🏼

As for the suspension noise… I get a metallic sound from the NSF suspension when going over small bumps - it sounds a bit like a tambourine. Could be a heat shield maybe… anyway, they can't find where the sound is coming from so, they've left that!

Hope to get it back soon…

Best of luck with the recall 👍🏼
I had the exact same thing with mine. I’ve only owned the car for 2 weeks and this message popped up when I registered my BMW account. Not an ideal introduction to the world of BMW as it’s the first time I’ve ever owned one but I guess these things happen. So, I got it booked in at my local dealer and they had it all afternoon to tell me they had a problem and that my navigation tab was no longer working and CarPlay had been removed! I really can’t understand why they needed to mess with those things as this recall is to do with the EGR. It took them another whole day to rectify their mistake (same thing as you, they needed to input a new FSC code). Apparently my 2016 car didn’t come with CarPlay from the factory so they wouldn’t restore that unless I paid a subscription…. Well, it was on the car when I bought it! So now they’ve lost any future business from me due to their greed and ineptitude. I was about to sign up for a 3 year service plan with them but needless to say I won’t be trusting them to touch my car ever again and I’ll be using someone else
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 07:46 AM   #6
LuckyW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

My car is a bit tuned and has an increased engine map power, so I know that if I go to this service action with my car, all my power settings will be lost all my configuration settings will also be lost so I decided that if I have had a car for over two years, almost three (18K km) and nothing is happening to it (84K km), I have no errors and its performance is absolutely perfect, I will not repair anything so that it does not spoil my car.
The old saying says that if it's not broken, don't fix it, I'll get along with it. Reading in several places that others have a nuisance after this service action done, I am very happy with my decision.

At the moment I have information on the application that the service action is still available for my car, but until it pisses me off with some insistent information on the dashboard or on iDrive, I will not appear there ... 4sure.
Attached Images

Last edited by LuckyW; 08-15-2022 at 08:00 AM..
Appreciate 0