BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

02-23-2018, 06:32 AM   #67
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

In fact on the first page Almaretto has listed some of the options, but based on US cars I believe.

Almaretto could you please tell me what module the setting for Auto Stop Start memory is located?

Edit: You said on page 1 that launcher premium you can only code HU_NBT2, not the other modules. Is that still true with Launcher Premium 2.8.0?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 06:37 AM   #68
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Brilliant thanks, no rush so happy to wait until you've received yours and enjoyed the new car feel for long enough to then start looking at customising it!

Thought that might be the case with things like car play or EDPro but always worth asking!

Would be great to simply have the live updating tile view from id6. Ideally I'd like to see the weather, sat nav and music choices on one screen in the control display.

Thanks, appreciate the help once you've 'settled' in...(well, at least before the baby comes, you'll always be playing catch up after that! )

Safe travels.

EDIT: Ah, read through the various codes on page 1 (should have read the whole thread, consider me duly chastised!) not too bothered about the options available, so really just wondering if one can update id5 to id6 in a June 2016 UK G11 730d.

TIA.

Last edited by Pelo Cat; 02-23-2018 at 06:52 AM.. Reason: had a look at codes, really only want id6 update after reviewing.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 09:06 AM   #69
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
Thought that might be the case with things like car play or EDPro but always worth asking!
Yeah I wouldn't think you can code ED Pro as that's hardware with the active anti roll bars.

Car Play I think need iDrive 6 so maybe if you can get to that it might be possible to purchase it from the store then. I think you need to have the WiFi Hotspot feature / hardware in the car as I believe CarPlay isn't Bluetooth based but WiFi based.

Not enough bandwidth on Bluetooth to run it as the phone is effectively pushing its screen up to the car in a special format.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 12:07 PM   #70
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Car Play I think need iDrive 6 so maybe if you can get to that it might be possible to purchase it from the store then. I think you need to have the WiFi Hotspot feature / hardware in the car as I believe CarPlay isn't Bluetooth based but WiFi based.

Not enough bandwidth on Bluetooth to run it as the phone is effectively pushing its screen up to the car in a special format.
Thanks, good to know...how could I check if I have the wifi hotspot?

Not been told of one or given any login details that I remember.

Would it appear in the car list from the VIN? or in connected drive info?

TIA.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 12:10 PM   #71
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, good to know...how could I check if I have the wifi hotspot?

Not been told of one or given any login details that I remember.

Would it appear in the car list from the VIN? or in connected drive info?

TIA.
I believe it's in the iDrive as you can see what's connected to it there. Saw a video where they connected a Chromecast to it so they could steam Netflix to the rear entertainment screens.

You don't get a lot of data though so it's not a great idea, you'd soon use it all up streaming Netflix. Better to probably use a mobile with the screen mirroring that you can do instead but going a bit off topic
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 12:14 PM   #72
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I've checked my build info and indeed I do have the wifi hotspot:

S6WDA WLAN Hotspot

so that shouldn't stop it at least if it was needed. I know I don't have car play now, will check if I can buy it in connected drive as is...

Would still be great to be able to upgrade to id6 if anyone knows of a way to do that.

Thanks for the video link FLJB. ^
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 12:19 PM   #73
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I've checked my build info and indeed I do have the wifi hotspot:

S6WDA WLAN Hotspot

so that shouldn't stop it at least if it was needed. I know I don't have car play now, will check if I can buy it in connected drive as is...

Would still be great to be able to upgrade to id6 if anyone knows of a way to do that.

Thanks for the video link FLJB. ^
It may be possible, someone like almaretto will confirm if it’s still doable on the new cars vs the old F series.

If you have WiFi then stick your vin into bmw connected and see if it offers it
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 12:30 PM   #74
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
It may be possible, someone like almaretto will confirm if it’s still doable on the new cars vs the old F series.

If you have WiFi then stick your vin into bmw connected and see if it offers it
^ brilliant thanks, hope it will be possible!

Checked on connected drive services site whether car play is available to purchase for my VIN and it came back 'computer says no.

Hoping there is a way to work around it but if not, I can live without.

Cheers, Pelo
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 03:58 PM   #75
talaipwros
Private
Rep
Drives: Model2018 740d xdriveMsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by banff View Post
Just saw a gray market 7 with folding mirrors as an option in idrive. any thoughts?
that's standard !
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 04:27 PM   #76
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by talaipwros View Post
that's standard !
It is on eu cars but not outside Europe. Can be coded though for those in the us though.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 05:32 PM   #77
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Out of curiosity, is it possible to code a June 2016 model 7?

So, for example could one add apple car play and exec drive pro via coding or are there hardware bits needed to achieve this?

What can one code on an earlier model? (point me to a relevant list if there is one and I'll educate myself, not lazy just don't know where to start as it where!)

Is it possible to bring the iDrive system up to the latest version yet? (so 5 to 6)

Thanks for any comments / pointers / advice.

Safe travels.
You can code Carplay if you have updated firmware and third party FSC.

You can also toggle ID6.

PM Sent.
Appreciate 1
emulajavi421.50
      02-23-2018, 05:35 PM   #78
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
In fact on the first page Almaretto has listed some of the options, but based on US cars I believe.

Almaretto could you please tell me what module the setting for Auto Stop Start memory is located?

Edit: You said on page 1 that launcher premium you can only code HU_NBT2, not the other modules. Is that still true with Launcher Premium 2.8.0?
Modules are the same so not based on region.

With Premium, you can code more modules; but, Pro has latest ECU mapping for certain functions on cars with newer firmware.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 05:38 PM   #79
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Modules are the same so not based on region.

With Premium, you can code more modules; but, Pro has latest ECU mapping for certain functions on cars with newer firmware.
So it’s possible on a new build car that I can code ASS with Premium 2.8.0? If not what are the chances of getting a pro key from Tokenmaster given the fact he seems to be unresponsive at the moment?

Edit: in the github repository your cheat codes for start stop on G11 chassis has a “NA only” next to it. Is that correct?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 05:44 PM   #80
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
So it’s possible on a new build car that I can code ASS with Premium 2.8.0? If not what are the chances of getting a pro key from Tokenmaster given the fact he seems to be unresponsive at the moment?

Edit: in the github repository your cheat codes for start stop on G11 chassis has a “NA only” next to it. Is that correct?
Those are not supposed to be in Git. Those are old and incorrect for BDC.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 05:47 PM   #81
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Those are not supposed to be in Git. Those are old and incorrect for BDC.
Oh ok. So hopefully premium has the correct mappings for the car when I get it to code ASS. Can you just confirm please what parameter it will be?

And in terms of getting pro, do you have any other ideas how I can get a response if I email?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 05:55 PM   #82
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Oh ok. So hopefully premium has the correct mappings for the car when I get it to code ASS. Can you just confirm please what parameter it will be?

And in terms of getting pro, do you have any other ideas how I can get a response if I email?

Thanks
I do not have premium installed, so not sure if it is mapped.

CAFD mapping and Launcher Cheat codes are only indirectly related. One does not have to occur for the other. Authors release Launcher Codes and TM releases mapping updates.

TM is one man show who comes and goes as time permits. No tricks to getting response.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 06:26 PM   #83
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You can code Carplay if you have updated firmware and third party FSC.

You can also toggle ID6.

PM Sent.
Thanks for both the quick reply here on thread and the PM, very much appreciated!

Safe travels!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 07:21 PM   #84
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for both the quick reply here on thread and the PM, very much appreciated!

Safe travels!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 07:41 AM   #85
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Almaretto,

Do you know about coding out the limiter or M Drivers Package within the 10 hour run time window? They don't sell it as an option in the UK.

From what I've read that module is unlocked and then after 10 hours of run time it locks and cannot be changed (Without BMW's private key).

Thanks

Quote:
Just curious but why do you like to have ASS disabled all the time? I tend to find it works pretty well so isn't really intrusive. Plus it's nice to hear the V8 whirl into life each time, the V12 maybe even more so though the 7 is so isolated maybe not. Just wondering is all.

Last edited by FastLaneJB; 02-24-2018 at 07:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 07:51 AM   #86
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Almaretto,

Do you know about coding out the limiter or M Drivers Package within the 10 hour run time window? They don't sell it as an option in the UK.

From what I've read that module is unlocked and then after 10 hours of run time it locks and cannot be changed (Without BMW's private key).

Thanks

Just curious but why do you like to have ASS disabled all the time? I tend to find it works pretty well so isn't really intrusive. Plus it's nice to hear the V8 whirl into life each time, the V12 maybe even more so though the 7 is so isolated maybe not. Just wondering is all.
I don’t know what it’s like in the 7 and certainly my with a v12 it might be more appealing but on my 6 it’s just annoying. For example if you come to a halt for a split second but need to move off again quickly then you’re caught in the off-on cycle and you don’t get moving quickly. Also I just hate the general delay and sound and feeling of it in general driving. The 7 May be a lot better though but I’d still like the option to code it.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 07:57 AM   #87
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I donÂ’t know what itÂ’s like in the 7 and certainly my with a v12 it might be more appealing but on my 6 itÂ’s just annoying. For example if you come to a halt for a split second but need to move off again quickly then youÂ’re caught in the off-on cycle and you donÂ’t get moving quickly. Also I just hate the general delay and sound and feeling of it in general driving. The 7 May be a lot better though but IÂ’d still like the option to code it.
Fair enough. I imagine you still might get that split second move off thing on the 7, it's just something I find extremely rare. That just stopped as the lights change for you to go kind of thing.

Still understand and indeed makes sense to have it set to remember the settings you want. I believe it defaults to always on because they need that to get a better emissions rating in Europe is all.

Interestingly the M760Li is pegged at 299g/CO2. Something tells me if you hit 300g somewhere your probably in a new tax bracket or cars aren't allowed to be sold. Just seems funny that it's just exactly below 300.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 11:29 AM   #88
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Almaretto,

Thanks
Yes. It is VO or FDL option in DME/DDE.
Appreciate 0