BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

02-08-2020, 05:22 AM   #1
pugxs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci Sport

What am I about to lose....??

Got this email today:

"Dear BMW ConnectedDrive customer,

The extension period of the following BMW ConnectedDrive expired Service Inclusive package will end in two weeks for your BMW with the Vehicle Identification Number XXXXXXXX: Real Time Traffic Information, Intelligent Voice Assistant, BMW Online, On-Street Parking Information, Concierge Services

Please visit the BMW ConnectedDrive Store on "BMW ConnectedDrive" in the internet, or directly in your vehicle for further information on status of your BMW ConnectedDrive services as well as on our further"

Does this mean I am going to lose the voice control functionality on the car? Or is this an enhanced version of it?

Also, Is the real time traffic information the coloured lines on the map indicating heavy traffic?

Trying to work out if these are actually things I use or a useless up-sell from BMW.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 07:42 AM   #2
Martin2C
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 750i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugxs View Post
Got this email today:

"Dear BMW ConnectedDrive customer,

The extension period of the following BMW ConnectedDrive expired Service Inclusive package will end in two weeks for your BMW with the Vehicle Identification Number XXXXXXXX: Real Time Traffic Information, Intelligent Voice Assistant, BMW Online, On-Street Parking Information, Concierge Services

Please visit the BMW ConnectedDrive Store on "BMW ConnectedDrive" in the internet, or directly in your vehicle for further information on status of your BMW ConnectedDrive services as well as on our further"

Does this mean I am going to lose the voice control functionality on the car? Or is this an enhanced version of it?

Also, Is the real time traffic information the coloured lines on the map indicating heavy traffic?

Trying to work out if these are actually things I use or a useless up-sell from BMW.

Any help greatly appreciated.
You won’t lose the voice control, just the online speech processing which make it more accurate. It’s worth upgrading for the live traffic alone, if you don’t you’ll be stuck with RDS traffic, which is useless. Definately worth upgrading. I went for the connected package plus a couple of weeks ago when mine unexpectedly ran out. Unexpectedly because the car was built in January but registered in June.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 11:18 AM   #3
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

The realtime traffic feature is definitely worth it if you are on the road a lot.
Appreciate 0