BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

10-05-2020, 12:46 AM   #1
Steveo535
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Phytonic Blue X3MC

Real World Experiences

Hi All

I'm in the UK and just wondered how you UK guys find the 7 in the real world eg driving experience, practicality (I know it's no touring)parking in super markets and driving round town.

I ask as I'm possible looking to change to a standard wheelbase 740i. I've always loved the 7 but always thought it was out of my price range but with the deals at the moment it's cheaper than a 5.

Also just wondered what sort of discount you guys have had I'm currently seeing 33% off the 740i

Cheers in advance Steven.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 10:01 AM   #2
From5ToM24
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 - G11 750I M-Sport

I have had mine 3 weeks. It is my new daily. Here in the US its great. Definitely a big car and I do use it in the city too much so its fine for me. I park away from people in the supermarkets and other lots so that is no issue. I look forward to seeing how it holds up in the winter and snowy months.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 02:43 PM   #3
SteveB730
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 730D

Size wise it feels way smaller driving it than it is, make sure you get the surround view and it's super easy to park. When I'm going anywhere, supermarkets, town etc I always give myself an extra 5 minutes and find a really good space, far away from others if possible. The only issue being it can stick out length ways as the UK spaces are a little snug, it's not much wider than a 5 I don't think but then why would you want to park it close in with other cars and risk damage.

Driving around town people get the heck out the way typically so really if you waft around in the car like you are supposed to then it's really not too bad.

I was in a similar position to you, the 7 is such value for money compared to the 5 and the standard specs on the 7 are worth it alone. My choice was get a low to mid mileage 5 series high spec but hard to find used with specs I wanted or higher mileage 7 series high spec. Thank goodness I bought the 7 series, yes the 5 series wins all the awards but if you can have more gadgets, more luxury then why wouldn't you go for the flagship? I know 100% now if I was driving in a 5 series I'd be regretting it. I'm loving my 730D right now, it just ticks all the boxes, economy, ride comfort, tech, speed when you want it etc

I read a review online somewhere and it summed it up something like, chances are the person in your street who owns this car is probably one of the smartest people too because it is just a superb all rounder.
Appreciate 1
Al Pinã1838.50
      10-07-2020, 08:54 AM   #4
740I_yeye
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Looking for one rn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo535 View Post
Hi All

I'm in the UK and just wondered how you UK guys find the 7 in the real world eg driving experience, practicality (I know it's no touring)parking in super markets and driving round town.

I ask as I'm possible looking to change to a standard wheelbase 740i. I've always loved the 7 but always thought it was out of my price range but with the deals at the moment it's cheaper than a 5.

Also just wondered what sort of discount you guys have had I'm currently seeing 33% off the 740i

Cheers in advance Steven.
I have the pre lci long wheelbase 740Li as that was the only available option and I’m also looking to get the newer one just for the option of the short wheelbase as it is the perfect proportions in my opinion. The new 740i’s are on massive discount and are a great car with the same B58 engine in mine just slightly tweaked. It’s miles ahead of the 5 series and definitely more worth it. Also for me I have no driveway or anything so I park on the road. There are times where I do notice the size but a lot of the time it isn’t to do with parking haha because the spaces would barely fit a normal car in so it doesn’t make a big difference. The only thing I do notice is the width, mainly because of the width restriction barriers and all of that in the UK so a lot of the time I can’t even go through certain routes because it would be almost impossible to go past
Appreciate 0