BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

10-30-2020, 12:34 PM   #1
SW17LS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mercedes S560

Chrome trim in M Sport and heated wood trimmed steering wheel?`

Hey guys, couple quick questions.

1. If you option the wood trimmed steering wheel, do you lose the heated wheel? The pictures of the wood wheel don't seem to have the heated steering wheel button.

2. I have seen in other markets the M Sport package without shadowline trim, but with chrome trim (talking about the window and door trim not the extended shadowline). In the US, optioning the M Sport seems to require shadowline trim around the windows and bumpers. Is it possible to option one with chrome vs shadowline trim in these areas?

Thanks for your insights!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 03:30 AM   #2
bmr760
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C, F90 M5C, G05 X5 40i

Regarding question #1 : EDIT - the Wood inlay steering wheel can be ordered with the heated element.

Regarding question#2 : In the US it is not possible to order the chrome elements on the window surrounds as the M Sport pack(Option ZMP) automatically adds the shadowline window elements. ROW markets are allowed to order the Chrome exterior trim on their M Sport pack equipped models.
The only way to add the Chrome exterior trim is after delivery.

Hope that helps

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 03:44 PM   #3
SW17LS
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr760 View Post
Regarding question #1 : yes, ordering the Wood inlay leather steering wheel(Option code 2XL) deletes the heating element. And also deletes the Sport automatic transmission(Code 2TB) which also gives you the steering wheel shifter paddles.
Are you certain this is true? Looking at the ordering guide, I see that it deletes the paddle shifters, but having found pictures of the wheel online it actually does seem to have a heating button, but obviously lacks the paddle shifters.

Trying to find the picture of the one I saw with the wood/leather wheel and the heating button

Last edited by SW17LS; 10-31-2020 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 04:25 PM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

To see if the steering wheel with wood inlay can come with the 2XL heating option...just go to one of the online part database sites...input your VIN (or select accordingly based on the BMW model you’re looking up), then go to the steering wheel diagrams and click on the wood inlay steering wheels. There should be a list that gives info if it can come with the heated steering wheel option or not.

If you’re not familiar with any of the online part database sites...click on one of the two links below (or both) to see what’s available:
  1. https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select
  2. https://bimmercat.com/

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 01:10 AM   #5
bmr760
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C, F90 M5C, G05 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW17LS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr760 View Post
Regarding question #1 : yes, ordering the Wood inlay leather steering wheel(Option code 2XL) deletes the heating element. And also deletes the Sport automatic transmission(Code 2TB) which also gives you the steering wheel shifter paddles.
Are you certain this is true? Looking at the ordering guide, I see that it deletes the paddle shifters, but having found pictures of the wheel online it actually does seem to have a heating button, but obviously lacks the paddle shifters.

Trying to find the picture of the one I saw with the wood/leather wheel and the heating button
I stand corrected, looking at the parts diagrams it can be ordered with the heated element.

I was also looking at an outdated ordering guide, forgive my error lol.

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2020, 09:59 AM   #6
SW17LS
Private First Class
Rep

We'll let it slide this time
Appreciate 1
bmr760139.00