BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-29-2023, 07:55 PM   #1541
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
SaMaster14's Avatar
4410
Rep
3,860
Posts

Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
if ur serious... that would be greatly appreciated... altho i would like new and at retail... that may be asking much
This is what I’m looking for as well.
My AD has me on the “list” … and I seem to be getting closer to the top, especially with increased production by Rolex and higher inflation chasing some buyers away (but who knows anymore)
__________________
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 1
ASAP10102.00
      03-29-2023, 07:58 PM   #1542
BMW F22
Major General
BMW F22's Avatar
United_States
3553
Rep
9,787
Posts

Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Was there? My bad then-- I stopped looking at them when I got my Sub (I prefer the no-date anyway), so it's the first I've seen it.

I'll edit the post accordingly.
I think you might have been onto something. I saw threads on TRF the last few days and didn’t think much of it. However, there is this one comparing the bezel colors of the LV Subs. Apparently there is an updated version with a different color tone.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=897957
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 10:03 PM   #1543
Nivarox
Quadrex
Nivarox's Avatar
1093
Rep
1,424
Posts

Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Close To German Car Dealer

iTrader: (0)

Finally , Rolex Daytona will also come with the transparent caseback . A nice novelty but I would prefer to see a Daytona in a bigger case like 44MM instead
Titanium Rolex Yachtmaster is a another cool release by the brand as well
__________________
Comparing BMW i8 to Tesla Is Like Comparing Apples to Pineapples
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144409.50
      03-30-2023, 10:58 PM   #1544
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
flybigjet's Avatar
United_States
6684
Rep
1,605
Posts

Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Littleton (Denver), CO

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
I think you might have been onto something. I saw threads on TRF the last few days and didn’t think much of it. However, there is this one comparing the bezel colors of the LV Subs. Apparently there is an updated version with a different color tone.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=897957
Confirmed. I talked to my AD today (and got on "the list" for a 40mm Explorer)-- she confirmed that the new Sub (w/ date) has a different colored green bezel.

She also gave me a VERY nice and large Rolex-branded cleaning/polishing cloth.

R.
__________________
Current: M2C, Miata RF-GT, RDX & Element // R1200GS & VRSCF
Previous: M3, Focus ZX3-S2, Superchaged Solara, Samurai, Integra, Pinto & RX-4 // VRSCR, R6S, FZ1 & FZ600
Appreciate 2
BMW F223552.50
SaMaster144409.50
      03-31-2023, 09:58 AM   #1545
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
XKxRome0ox's Avatar
United_States
1588
Rep
1,857
Posts

Drives: '08 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivarox View Post
Finally , Rolex Daytona will also come with the transparent caseback . A nice novelty but I would prefer to see a Daytona in a bigger case like 44MM instead
Titanium Rolex Yachtmaster is a another cool release by the brand as well
Only the platinum Daytona has the see through case back, no?
So basically most of us will never get one or see one
__________________
2008 E90 M3 / LCI trunk + euro tail swap

Production date - 2008-04-22
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 10:51 PM   #1546
Nivarox
Quadrex
Nivarox's Avatar
1093
Rep
1,424
Posts

Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Close To German Car Dealer

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
Only the platinum Daytona has the see through case back, no?
So basically most of us will never get one or see one
Honestly, I have not checked all the details as far as the Daytona models are concerned but that "privilege" can be reserved for the top model .So, it makes sense
__________________
Comparing BMW i8 to Tesla Is Like Comparing Apples to Pineapples
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 10:40 AM   #1547
nZtiZia
Major General
nZtiZia's Avatar
United_States
4625
Rep
8,636
Posts

Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: neither here nor there...

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
my FIL just handed down this beauty. unfortunately, no papers or box but purchased circa 1988 from Carlyle & Co.

I’m waiting to hear from my AD regarding restoration and cleaning as well as specifications, but any insight from you fine folks is appreciated!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
JDAURIA719.00
SaMaster144409.50
      04-15-2023, 05:47 PM   #1548
JDAURIA
Lieutenant Colonel
JDAURIA's Avatar
719
Rep
1,700
Posts

Drives: F31 MSport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Palm Beach, FL

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2005 BMW  [0.00]
2016 BMW  [0.00]
Nice score. I wouldnt 'restore', if anything send it in for service (if it even needs one). No need for a polish either, it has character - but that's my opinion
__________________
2016 F31 328iX | Alpine White | Black | ///MSport | iND | Eventuri | AC Schnitzer | MPerformance | 513M | Michelin PS4 |
2005 | 330CiC | Sparkling Graphite | Black | 6MT | ZHP

Purchase your W///AGON Stickers Here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1930190
Appreciate 1
nZtiZia4625.00
      04-15-2023, 06:01 PM   #1549
nZtiZia
Major General
nZtiZia's Avatar
United_States
4625
Rep
8,636
Posts

Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: neither here nor there...

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAURIA View Post
Nice score. I wouldnt 'restore', if anything send it in for service (if it even needs one). No need for a polish either, it has character - but that's my opinion
thanks!

sorry, that's what i meant: "serviced". it's never been serviced.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 06:05 PM   #1550
JDAURIA
Lieutenant Colonel
JDAURIA's Avatar
719
Rep
1,700
Posts

Drives: F31 MSport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Palm Beach, FL

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2005 BMW  [0.00]
2016 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
thanks!

sorry, that's what i meant: "serviced". it's never been serviced.
Being 30+ years old, it's due
__________________
2016 F31 328iX | Alpine White | Black | ///MSport | iND | Eventuri | AC Schnitzer | MPerformance | 513M | Michelin PS4 |
2005 | 330CiC | Sparkling Graphite | Black | 6MT | ZHP

Purchase your W///AGON Stickers Here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1930190
Appreciate 1
nZtiZia4625.00
      04-15-2023, 07:34 PM   #1551
Rahul718
Second Lieutenant
144
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: F82 Comp 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bergen County, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Hey all…

Just another guy here who wants to know how to get a submariner date without having to play the games and build a purchase history. I’ve been an Omega guy and unfortunately NONE of the ADs I’ve purchased from sell Rolex, so I can’t leverage that. I also don’t want grey market or used. For my first Rolex I want to purchase new thru an AD. Realistically, what are my chances of not only having an AD “agree to sell to me” and how long are the wait times generally these days?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 08:01 PM   #1552
JDAURIA
Lieutenant Colonel
JDAURIA's Avatar
719
Rep
1,700
Posts

Drives: F31 MSport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Palm Beach, FL

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2005 BMW  [0.00]
2016 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul718 View Post
Hey all…

Just another guy here who wants to know how to get a submariner date without having to play the games and build a purchase history. I’ve been an Omega guy and unfortunately NONE of the ADs I’ve purchased from sell Rolex, so I can’t leverage that. I also don’t want grey market or used. For my first Rolex I want to purchase new thru an AD. Realistically, what are my chances of not only having an AD “agree to sell to me” and how long are the wait times generally these days?

Just put you name down at your local AD and wait. Never know...Could take 3 months or 2 years+.

I never purchased from my AD and last year, put my name down for a Wimbledon DJ 41 Fluted and I only waited 6 weeks for that magical call. Though I have been waiting 14+ months for a GMT now.
__________________
2016 F31 328iX | Alpine White | Black | ///MSport | iND | Eventuri | AC Schnitzer | MPerformance | 513M | Michelin PS4 |
2005 | 330CiC | Sparkling Graphite | Black | 6MT | ZHP

Purchase your W///AGON Stickers Here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1930190
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 08:04 PM   #1553
Rahul718
Second Lieutenant
144
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: F82 Comp 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bergen County, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAURIA View Post
Just put you name down at your local AD and wait. Never know...Could take 3 months or 2 years+.

I never purchased from my AD and last year, put my name down for a Wimbledon DJ 41 Fluted and I only waited 6 weeks for that magical call. Though I have been waiting 14+ months for a GMT now.
Thanks for the hope, sounds reassuring on the DJ!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2023, 09:06 AM   #1554
2008M36MT
Private First Class
590
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Best Coast

iTrader: (0)

Not sure if anyone has any feedback on “the list” but, I bought 2 Daytonas and a 1908 from my AD in 2015, and as soon as the newer Daytona came out I asked her to put me on the list for another two. It has been 4 years, whenever I call her she just gives me the same line that I am still on the list, but can’t tell me where I am. I called last week she said it may be another 7 years. I feel like she’s just yanking my chain.
Funny thing is when I went in to buy the first two Daytonas the first was available in store, the other one was picked up 3 weeks later.
I feel like I should go to another AD and get on the list there.
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144409.50
      04-21-2023, 10:33 AM   #1555
BMW F22
Major General
BMW F22's Avatar
United_States
3553
Rep
9,787
Posts

Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (8)

^ that’s just ridiculous. Still trying to get one myself, but I’m caring less and less these days. Not gonna be a slave to a watch. Sucks if you have to find a new AD since you’ve already built up a spend history with this one.
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144409.50
      04-21-2023, 11:09 AM   #1556
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
SaMaster14's Avatar
4410
Rep
3,860
Posts

Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008M36MT View Post
Not sure if anyone has any feedback on “the list” but, I bought 2 Daytonas and a 1908 from my AD in 2015, and as soon as the newer Daytona came out I asked her to put me on the list for another two. It has been 4 years, whenever I call her she just gives me the same line that I am still on the list, but can’t tell me where I am. I called last week she said it may be another 7 years. I feel like she’s just yanking my chain.
Funny thing is when I went in to buy the first two Daytonas the first was available in store, the other one was picked up 3 weeks later.
I feel like I should go to another AD and get on the list there.
I am in a somewhat similar position (although I don’t have the older Daytona). My AD basically said there is no “list” and that the Daytona is more of a “reward” watch now. Will that change with upped production, who knows? When one comes in to the store, they don’t pick someone at the “top” of a list, they look at everyone’s name and pick (someone who inquired yesterday but spent $200k on jewelry will probably beat out someone who has waited 5 years, and maybe purchased 2 or 3 watches totaling $30-$50k over that time period)
__________________
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2023, 11:53 AM   #1557
2008M36MT
Private First Class
590
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Best Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
I am in a somewhat similar position (although I don’t have the older Daytona). My AD basically said there is no “list” and that the Daytona is more of a “reward” watch now. Will that change with upped production, who knows? When one comes in to the store, they don’t pick someone at the “top” of a list, they look at everyone’s name and pick (someone who inquired yesterday but spent $200k on jewelry will probably beat out someone who has waited 5 years, and maybe purchased 2 or 3 watches totaling $30-$50k over that time period)
Yep, I think it’s based on spend too, but my AD is a Russian lady, and I’m sure there’s plenty of very wealthy Russians willing to put 3x money in her pocket to bypass whatever list there may or may not be. It’s how things work. I am too sensible and poor to pay over retail. I guess I have to realize I’m probably never getting another one. Glad I have the ones I do.
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144409.50
      04-21-2023, 11:56 AM   #1558
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
SaMaster14's Avatar
4410
Rep
3,860
Posts

Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008M36MT View Post
Yep, I think it’s based on spend too, but my AD is a Russian lady, and I’m sure there’s plenty of very wealthy Russians willing to put 3x money in her pocket to bypass whatever list there may or may not be. It’s how things work. I am too sensible and poor to pay over retail. I guess I have to realize I’m probably never getting another one. Glad I have the ones I do.
I’m going to keep holding out hope, and while I have never gone grey market, I’d consider it at the right price if the market takes a dive somehow. I’m not in a rush!
__________________
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2023, 03:16 PM   #1559
JDAURIA
Lieutenant Colonel
JDAURIA's Avatar
719
Rep
1,700
Posts

Drives: F31 MSport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Palm Beach, FL

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2005 BMW  [0.00]
2016 BMW  [0.00]
Squeaky wheel could potentially get the grease as well. I know a buddy who constantly would follow-up for a daytona and lady dj for his wife. He finally got one last year. Literally a month later, same AD called him up about a rootbeer GMT and if he was interested. He bought it on the spot...Its all a game, and if you are not in a rush to buy then it is what it is. I already have a Batman but ive been waiting 14 months now for Pepsi.
__________________
2016 F31 328iX | Alpine White | Black | ///MSport | iND | Eventuri | AC Schnitzer | MPerformance | 513M | Michelin PS4 |
2005 | 330CiC | Sparkling Graphite | Black | 6MT | ZHP

Purchase your W///AGON Stickers Here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1930190
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144409.50
      04-21-2023, 03:18 PM   #1560
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
SaMaster14's Avatar
4410
Rep
3,860
Posts

Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAURIA View Post
Squeaky wheel could potentially get the grease as well. I know a buddy who constantly would follow-up for a daytona and lady dj for his wife. He finally got one last year. Literally a month later, same AD called him up about a rootbeer GMT and if he was interested. He bought it on the spot...Its all a game, and if you are not in a rush to buy then it is what it is. I already have a Batman but ive been waiting 14 months now for Pepsi.
Definitely a “game”

My AD also said that sometimes if you stop by randomly they may have just gotten something in that doesn’t have someone’s name on it yet and if you’re lucky, it’s yours. I don’t think that counts for the steel Daytona, though.
__________________
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2023, 08:34 AM   #1561
JDAURIA
Lieutenant Colonel
JDAURIA's Avatar
719
Rep
1,700
Posts

Drives: F31 MSport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Palm Beach, FL

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2005 BMW  [0.00]
2016 BMW  [0.00]
Yup, I watched on youtube that a guy was walking through AD in AMS airport and they randomly had a sub available to purchase and guy bought it on the spot. (
)
__________________
2016 F31 328iX | Alpine White | Black | ///MSport | iND | Eventuri | AC Schnitzer | MPerformance | 513M | Michelin PS4 |
2005 | 330CiC | Sparkling Graphite | Black | 6MT | ZHP

Purchase your W///AGON Stickers Here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1930190
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144409.50
      04-23-2023, 08:05 PM   #1562
stlbanker
New Member
12
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: 2023 X5 xDrive45e
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: St. Louis, MO

iTrader: (0)

Purchased new in 2009. Wear it daily.

*edit - not sure why the pic uploaded landscape mode, my phone took it in portrait mode?
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 3
XKxRome0ox1587.50
TKDbilly8612.00
OHV_441767.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 AM.




7post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST