BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

08-19-2020, 07:35 PM   #45
440xiGCMSport2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EB440xiGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440xiGCMSport2 View Post
I think this will be a big headache for MB. Owners for S class are usually a little older and may have a little difficulty in learning a system without buttons. All this looks great but I was in a Tesla and hated that you need to go to multiple screens just to adjust temp. I personally prefer some buttons for Temp and Radio. That said S-class always is the leader in this category and until BMW doesn't something drastically different than the current they won't be even close.
Tesla interior and new S class are not even comparable. Tesla interior is awful and spartan with one giant iPad hooked to the dash as an afterthought
lol you really think I am comparing the interior? of course I am comparing the interface. This S -class will just be like the Tesla with no physical buttons.
not only that where in my post do you read me comparing quality of the interior?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 07:44 PM   #46
Shantosh Seewooruttun
Private
Rep
Drives: Sleek

Quote:
Tesla interior and new S class are not even comparable. Tesla interior is awful and spartan with one giant iPad hooked to the dash as an afterthought
Quote:
lol you really think I am comparing the interior? of course I am comparing the interface. This S -class will just be like the Tesla with no physical buttons.
not only that where in my post do you read me comparing quality of the interior?
Yep, that is how it looks from the leaks and so on - a car mostly based on touchscreens except for certain few things but even some of the fews are touch-type like this capacitive touch thing on the doors. The fact that the dashboard simply not have any dials and buttons make it look blank/bland and old, at least from my view or opinion. I even have a feeling this sort of interior will age badly (look worst with time and even feel more boring or meh).

I like the personalised digital instrument cluster though.

Last edited by Shantosh Seewooruttun; 08-19-2020 at 07:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 08:01 PM   #47
440xiGCMSport2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantosh Seewooruttun View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Yep, that is how it looks from the leaks and so on - a car mostly based on touchscreens except for certain few things but even some of the fews are touch-type like this capacitive touch thing on the doors. The fact that the dashboard simply not have any dials and buttons make it look blank/bland and old, at least from my view or opinion. I even have a feeling this sort of interior will age badly (look worst with time and even feel more boring or meh).

I like the personalised digital instrument cluster though.
Everyone is like it looks great and fancy etc., but in reality buttons is much easier and less distracting. In reality this kind of interface is a great way to cut cost of manufacturing. In a few years when you can put the car in full autopilot than this may be a good idea but until than, a combination of buttons and iDrive please.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 08:38 PM   #48
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think this will be a big headache for MB. Owners for S class are usually a little older and may have a little difficulty in learning a system without buttons. All this looks great but I was in a Tesla and hated that you need to go to multiple screens just to adjust temp. I personally prefer some buttons for Temp and Radio. That said S-class always is the leader in this category and until BMW doesn't something drastically different than the current they won't be even close.
No I was simply making a statement. I didn't think you were comparing the two. I'm sure the interface will be superior in the S. To your point the demographic for the S is older, making it overly complicated won't bode well fro their clientele
      08-19-2020, 08:46 PM   #49
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No I was simply making a statement. I didn't think you were comparing the two. I'm sure the interface will be superior in the S. To your point the demographic for the S is older, making it overly complicated won't bode well fro their clientele
Someone on the W222 forums suggested this is a move for the Chinese market, in which the S-Class sells very well in with a much younger and more tech savvy clientele.
LSM1118.00
      08-19-2020, 09:54 PM   #50
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Someone on the W222 forums suggested this is a move for the Chinese market, in which the S-Class sells very well in with a much younger and more tech savvy clientele.
Could be. I love it. Over the BMW interior which looks dated to me.
      08-19-2020, 09:58 PM   #51
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Could be. I love it. Over the BMW interior which looks dated to me.
Yeah, while I'm not the biggest fan of all touchscreens, its still ahead of BMW's 7er, which really hasn't been competitive since the E65 era in my opinion. This class is all about style, tech, perception, and leading inovations/designs that make their way through the rest of the lineup and looks like the W223 will do that. The W222 still is a fantastic S-Class though, finally a version done right since the old W140, I could never get into the W220 (the worst S-Class in history) or W221.
LSM1118.00
      08-20-2020, 02:40 PM   #52
440xiGCMSport2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In Asia if you own a S-class most likely you have a driver. The driver will be using the interface. If you are younger and wealthy most likely you will be looking at totally different car.
Appreciate 1
LSM1118.00