BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-14-2019, 11:26 PM   #23
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

We actually get "free" cable through our HOA, however I can't remember the last time I watched cable. I have Prime, Hulu and I'm on my friends Netflix. Between those things I have no need to watch actual cable TV. For local stuff you can get an HD antenna and get a bunch of over the air channels. We don't have this at home, but the RV has an antenna and pretty much anywhere we are in the country we can always pick up channels. In big cities we can get 50+ channels. Amazon has the Fire TV Recast which can record over the air live TV. Never used it though.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 06:22 AM   #24
Mardio
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Currently using YouTubeTV for primary streaming. For the televisions that don't have built-in YouTubeTV capability we're using Roku. Get Amazon Prime TV for being an Amazon Prime member and free Netflix for having T-Mobile. For all other services like HBO, Showtime, Cinemax we free ride off my MIL. Internet and YouTubeTV service we're all in at $90/month (this factors in the recent YouTubeTV bogus price hike)
+1... I have the exact same set up and love it. Between YouTube tv, Netflix, and Amazon, I have a ton of content to watch. I run Roku on all three tv's and everything is very simple. I was paying $185 for Comcast cable and now I'm paying $90 as well for everything.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 06:38 AM   #25
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

I haven't had cable for almost 4 years and don't miss it. Amazon, Netflix and Hulu (get hulu free from Sprint) has more than enough content. I also have HBO but will likely cancel after GOT ends. Have a smart TV but use a firestick as I like how all the content is organized on it. Pluto and Tubi are free channels/apps (with commercials) that also have a lot of TV shows and movies.

I also installed an antenna in the attic, ran the cable from the antenna to the main cable splitter on the outside of the house so I now have antenna TV to all the TVs in the house. Get about 45 channels with it, including the local NBC, CBS, ABC, and fox stations.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 06:54 PM   #26
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
As a somewhat aside, has anyone done the free Hulu that comes with Spotify Premium? I like tunes more than TV, but I’m sure my wife would dig it. Is it pretty good or a bunch of ads and such?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 07:03 PM   #27
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
YouTube TV has the MLB channel, but I think you're stuck watching whichever game they're showing at the time, right? I mean, it isn't like an MLB subscription where you can watch every game.
You'll only have access to every game if you subscribe to MLB.TV. It's $118.99 for the year or $24.99/month. If you want to watch every game for just one team it's $91.99 for the year.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 07:32 PM   #28
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
You'll only have access to every game if you subscribe to MLB.TV. It's $118.99 for the year or $24.99/month. If you want to watch every game for just one team it's $91.99 for the year.
Right. That's what I thought. I have the single team package. I was going to be awfully surprised if the $50/mo YouTube TV package included all the games.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 08:19 PM   #29
EyeGuy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi coupe, 17 nx200t, 23

The free Hulu with a Spotify premium account promo has expired. ☹️
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 08:53 PM   #30
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeGuy View Post
The free Hulu with a Spotify premium account promo has expired. ☹️
Drats. I read that it was going through June. Oh well!
Appreciate 0