BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

05-12-2015, 05:03 AM   #507
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
I do think that the BMW is starting to look like the Asian brands that were styled to look like the BMW. In short . . . it's just all getting stale. From the F01 to the F10 to the F30, and now again with the Gs. I don't think BMW needs to go Bangle-bold, but they need to get away from this sloooow styling evolution. If you don't want to compare the 7 to the Merc, how about the Tesla? Now there's a beautiful new, modern approach to interior design.
If the TESLA was not so wide I would be keen on one , it's just too wide for UK A/B roads IMO.
      05-12-2015, 07:02 AM   #508
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Well that's embarrassing. The car looks terribly like a cheap auto manufacturer I will not mention. Have to imagine this brand will pay a pretty penny to BMW designers to pass them design ideas for unreleased BMWs under the table. Now we went from this brand copying vehicles after they're released to having the design before the car is released
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 07:39 AM   #509
Artour
Rep
Drives: 335

So much hate here. i personally think Tesla looks like crap inside and out and it shouldn't be compared to 7 series. It's just electric vehicle no refinement no luxury everybody jumped on this save the planet green garbage but they forget that to produce batteries makes much more pollution than gas
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2015, 08:00 AM   #510
CesaroM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: a6

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungDro View Post
I test drove a F01 M sport from williams manchester the ride quality was lovely wasnt even hard.

M sport will look similar to this

This looks GOOD...Will it look like this at all?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 08:59 AM   #511
M3 n X5M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 M, 2008 e90 M3 6 MT.

This is a disappointing change. The new 7 series is simply, unattractive.

The 7 series seems to aim at looking more Japanese and less German each time.

This is evidently driven by the Asian market. Probably BMW sees more 7 series will go to the Asian market than everywhere else combined, for the future generation.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2015, 09:29 AM   #512
FilipMPower
Second Lieutenant
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Anything with a locking diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CesaroM View Post
The M-Sport looks 95% like this, and it really looks good. Even the subtle Details are in this render. The official car in m sport basically looks like this.
Appreciate 2
      05-12-2015, 09:36 AM   #513
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipMPower View Post
The M-Sport looks 95% like this, and it really looks good. Even the subtle Details are in this render. The official car in m sport basically looks like this.
IF it looks like that picture then i will be keener to see one. The M Sport is were I would be looking.
      05-12-2015, 09:50 AM   #514
OneMmmm
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artour View Post
So much hate here. i personally think Tesla looks like crap inside and out and it shouldn't be compared to 7 series. It's just electric vehicle no refinement no luxury everybody jumped on this save the planet green garbage but they forget that to produce batteries makes much more pollution than gas
I hope you don't have kids.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 09:56 AM   #515
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Not one BMW can out accelerate it to 60MPH though.
In fact not many cars.
      05-12-2015, 10:17 AM   #516
FilipMPower
Second Lieutenant
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Anything with a locking diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 n X5M View Post
This is a disappointing change. The new 7 series is simply, unattractive.

The 7 series seems to aim at looking more Japanese and less German each time.

This is evidently driven by the Asian market. Probably BMW sees more 7 series will go to the Asian market than everywhere else combined, for the future generation.
I pretty much know what the new 7-Series looks like, and it looks very good, but you are right. BMW needs some new design revolution. I wish they would turn to the italians for exterior design. Imagine a BMW-Pininfarina partnership, look at the Gran Lusso concept, BMW would have cars which look a lot more exotic.

Appreciate 1
      05-12-2015, 10:48 AM   #517
YungDro
Major
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by CesaroM View Post
people who have seen the M sport say yes looks even better than the render! but yeah very similar
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 10:55 AM   #518
YungDro
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMmmm View Post
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

I often bite my tongue on these forums, but I can't help myself here. You come across as a very insecure and sad little boy. As someone who can afford this car, I find your comments pathetic and immature.

Many people work hard and aspire to own such nice cars. While some people on here may not be able to afford the car today, that doesn't mean they won't be able to in the near future. Their opinions matter just as much as anyone else's.

It's fair for them to say what they want. And it's fair for you to disagree. Just show a little respect and don't respond like an imbecile. Thanks.
pathetic? er no I can respond how I want. it's an opinon they can also say what they want. You just called me a "very insecure and sad little boy" do I care? no (you could be a peadophile which can be worrying though) but Im just saying dont judge it untill BMW have officially revealed it.

Last edited by YungDro; 05-12-2015 at 11:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 11:01 AM   #519
YungDro
Major
Rep

Quote:
I pretty much know what the new 7-Series looks like, and it looks very good, but you are right. BMW needs some new design revolution. I wish they would turn to the italians for exterior design. Imagine a BMW-Pininfarina partnership, look at the Gran Lusso concept, BMW would have cars which look a lot more exotic.
I wish they made the 8 series look like that its stunning
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 11:32 AM   #520
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

What ever happened to the sleek, svelte 7 Series? The last one was the E38 MSport, 15 years ago! The Gran Lusso would be that car's perfect new-gen update. Who decided 7s needed to be . . . chunky???
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2015, 11:38 AM   #521
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

Quote:
I believe that. But I'm also sure that the render shows the new 7 at an optimal angle - down low, front quarter. It's the front-on and stubby profile that are most objectionable. As I asked above, when did 7s become so chunky?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 02:38 PM   #522
BMWRL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 528xi

Some of the comments on this site are absurd, for one, this looks nothing like that hideous Lexus GS...

That aside, I do feel a bit underwhelmed with the exterior of this new 7, there is a little too much chrome going on, I do think the reflection from all the lights in this spy shot, is also making seem very bling-blingy. This new 7 still looks like a big heavy car, regardless of the weight savings it will usher in. I think BMW needs to add more simplicity, sleekness and elegance in their big cars. I'll leave final judgement for when I see it in the flesh, but so far, it seems a bit safe.
      05-12-2015, 04:11 PM   #523
335ifanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: Revuelto, Urus Performante, X5

I'll wait until I see proper pictures of the new 7 or see it in person before I comment. And the 7 that is been showed at the VIP events is still a pre-production 7 so bits and pieces might be changed up on the full production car.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 04:29 PM   #524
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F13 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5
Quote:
Not one BMW can out accelerate it to 60MPH though.
In fact not many cars.
After 60mph, it is so slow. 0-30mph is indeed very fast but the fun soon ends once you accelerate to 60.
Appreciate 2
      05-12-2015, 06:51 PM   #525
icpee
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 335i

It boggles my mind how people can declare Car A the winner over Car B without anyone having seen or even driven Car B.
It must be a new level of crazy I have yet to experience.
I'll reserve judgement until I see the new 7 in the metal.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 10:27 PM   #526
YungDro
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by icpee View Post
It boggles my mind how people can declare Car A the winner over Car B without anyone having seen or even driven Car B.
most of the negative comments are from people who dont even own a BMW. probably fake accounts just trolling like losers
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 10:40 PM   #527
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by YungDro
Quote:
Originally Posted by icpee View Post
most of the negative comments are from people who dont even own a BMW. probably fake accounts just trolling like losers
You are a child. Grow up. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't give you the right to make up shit about them.
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2015, 04:51 AM   #528
icpee
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
You are a child. Grow up. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't give you the right to make up shit about them.
While the not owning a BMW part of his comment is taking it a bit too far, he is not wrong about the people trolling. I've seen it on other websites too. People unanimously declaring the S Class the winner over the new 7 without having seen or driven it. I mean the 7 has not even been officialy unveiled yet. Heck, people are claiming S Class is great and the new 7 is rubbish even before the recent 7 series test drives by various publications (which by the way has stated that the new 7 is a serious contender to the S).
This constant dismissal of the new 7 is mind boggling. One would think people would reserve final judgement till its on the market but it seems to have be universally panned by enthusiasts...on a BMW board.
People do have opinions, right enough, but like I said its a whole new level of crazy forming an opinion on something you have yet to experience. Just my 2c
Appreciate 0