BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

04-27-2023, 05:20 PM   #1
seans
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

MyBMW App: Automatic Doors/Comfort Access UI Controls Missing

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
After watching this YouTube video published by BMW, I am unable to discover the "comfort access" UI controls within my MyBMW app that are shown around 10 seconds into the video.
Two other people commented on the video as well, saying they too don't see this feature on their apps.

An American BMW dealership even posted a how-to guide about the feature here, indicating to me that this feature should be released in the US market.

Is anyone able to operate their electrically-assisted (automatic) doors from an iPhone that supports the Digital Key Plus feature?

I reached out to ConnectedDrive support who said that they detected some "provisioning issues" with my car and gave me some steps to download an update that appears to not have solved the issue. It'd be nice to know if someone _has_ had this feature working for them. My confidence in ConnectedDrive support remains low alas.

My car entered and finished production in November of 2022.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Mr.blue239.50
      04-27-2023, 07:50 PM   #2
EQStoI7
Rep
Drives: EQS 580

Sorry to hear, I am in the midst of cancelling my i7 order, executive package / auto doors dropped without any notification even though order placed in 2022 before shortages. BMW has dropped the ball, to expect customers spending 130K+ on a BEV and not have full functionality. Sorry to hear that despite having the feature you can’t use it through the app for the maximum convenience. That’s the whole point of buying this piece of technology to use all the features to the designed extent. My EQS may lack auto doors, but at least I can control the majority of the functions through the Mercedes me app. Reading all the complaints and queries on this forum has given me second thoughts. In one plus year of ownership I only had a charge socket flap error and had it changed in one day with a s class loaner provided by dealer. Hearing this and the wind noise complaint, light bar passenger malfunction, and moonroof glass issues all point to problems that seems far more than JUST first year MY issues. Of course it is covered by warranty but the time and effort wasted bringing a new vehicle to the dealer or calling bmw to fix / triage these issues is not worth time wasted.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2023, 08:23 PM   #3
todao
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i

[QUOTE=seans;30077859]After watching this YouTube video published by BMW, I am unable to discover the "comfort access" UI controls within my MyBMW app that are shown around 10 seconds into the video.
Two other people commented on the video as well, saying they too don't see this feature on their apps.

An American BMW dealership even posted a how-to guide about the feature here, indicating to me that this feature should be released in the US market.

Is anyone able to operate their electrically-assisted (automatic) doors from an iPhone that supports the Digital Key Plus feature?

I reached out to ConnectedDrive support who said that they detected some "provisioning issues" with my car and gave me some steps to download an update that appears to not have solved the issue. It'd be nice to know if someone _has_ had this feature working for them. My confidence in ConnectedDrive support remains low alas.

My car entered and finished production in November of 2022.

This was covered in another post. Evidently the US did not get this feature, but the European market did. It would be great though if it was brought to the US market.

The digital key in the BMW app does not allow you to open or close any or all doors within the app. We would love this…

BMW, are you listening?
Appreciate 1
Mr.blue239.50
      04-27-2023, 09:23 PM   #4
seans
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

Oh, hmm well there's my answer I suppose.
Markedly depressing.
Appreciate 1
Mr.blue239.50