BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

04-18-2019, 08:17 AM   #1
pcrispy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 750i G12 M Sport, '12 528i

Squeaky door fix

I've always tried to take good care of my vehicles, including cleaning and conditioning the weather seals around doors to keep the rubber from drying, cracking, etc. After buying my 2016 750i recently, I of course drove with a lot of throttle (because this thing is fun) but also with the HK stereo cranked (because it sounds pretty good too) so I didn't notice too much noise or anything. During more civilized driving I started to pay attention to the amount of squeaks and creaks over every bump (our Indiana roads look like war zones thanks to pot holes). I focused on where I heard the constant creaking and it sounded like the doors were loose or something. The car is spotless, including the weather seals, but I went ahead and conditioned them. Drove the next day and it made zero difference. I started inspecting the doors even more closely and found a rubber seal on the rear door that was actually on the outside, which the front door overlaps. The front doors have a small strip that's almost more like plastic, which would make contact with that back door exterior strip. Cleaned and conditioned both of those, and the car is dead silent. Even driving over speed bumps with only one side just to make the car flex as much as possible, zero sounds. So, for anyone with a similar squeak, this is a super easy fix.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 08:58 AM   #2
turas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 440ix

What do You use to do that?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 09:11 AM   #3
pcrispy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 750i G12 M Sport, '12 528i

There are lots of rubber seal protectants available (303 Rubber Seal, Sonar GummiPfleger, etc) but even Armorall would be better than nothing. Something that conditions the rubber, even giving it a bit of a oily coating, would prevent the squeaks.
Appreciate 0