BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

04-14-2024, 01:15 PM   #1
forrby
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e (G30), 528i (E60)

Wiring for aftermarket Subwoofer

TDLR: Does anyone know or know how I can find out what colors the subwoofer wires for a 2022 G12 745e would be?

I’m trying to connect an aftermarket subwoofer so I’ve connected to a set of wires and the subs are working but I’m not certain they are the wires from the factory subwoofers. If anyone isn’t familiar, it would be ideal to connect to the factory subwoofer wires as opposed to mid or high range speakers because of the frequency differences. I installed this a few months ago so it’s hard to remember what exactly I did. However, I had subwoofers in my g30 and I just tried to replicate the install. So believe I connected to the same colored wires as the g30, but I’m noticing now months after, that the aftermarket subwoofer sounds a little off. When I did the install, I remember googling speaker wiring diagrams for both the G30 and G12, but I had a tough time. I think the most confusing thing was my G30 aftermarket subwoofers were installed by a professional, but from one of the diagrams I saw online the colored wires they connected to were not the same color as the subwoofer wires in the googled speaker wiring diagrams. I even tried to look up how to get access to the G12 subwoofers to look at the wires but it involved removing the front seats so I just did not want to do that. Anyways, if anyone knows or knows how I can find out what color the factory subwoofer wires for a 2022 G12 745e, I would greatly appreciate it!!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 03:39 PM   #2
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Here you go.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 07:44 PM   #3
forrby
Rep