BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

07-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #111
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 750Li

Stunning indeed.

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #112
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Thanks guys!

I have to say that I am still extremely happy with my choice of exterior color and interior trim. It was definitely worth waiting for the individual version!!!

Here are some of my personal feelings/findings:

Exterior:

Paint:
The Citrin Black Metallic color changes depending on how the light falls on it. It is simply amazing how many hues this paint creates/possesses. The sparkling effect this individual color creates when the sun or a really bright light shines on it is absolutely stunning. It also seems to be a very durable paint and thankfully doesn't seem to have the same issues like so many other cars with a black paint exterior exhibit after a few washes. I have yet to see any hint of swirl marks (and believe me I looked)!

I wish I could capture this amazing range of hues with the camera but unfortunately, it is almost impossible. I will give it another try when I find the time and post some pictures. The standard colors the 7 comes in are nice but once you see the individual colors in person, you will understand what I am talking about! You do need to look at them in various different light conditions though to appreciate and get the full spectrum of different hues these great paints provide!

Rims:
I have to say that I am extremely pleased with the looks and the ride (comfort) these 20" individual rims provide. I was a bit skeptical at first since these are also RFT's (Run-Flat-Tires) especially considering these 20" rims leave very little in terms of sidewall. But I can happily report that the ride is very comfortable in the 'Normal' or 'Comfort' mode and handle really nicely when you switch into the 'Sport' modes. I am glad I picked the individual 301I style rims over the style 253 20" rims that came with the Canadian sport package on this car. My dealership was delivering another 750 (not an individual version) with the style 253 rims on the same day I picked up my car. Even the SA and his manager commented on how much nicer the individual rims looked. Again, you need to see them in person to truly appreciate the looks of them. A picture only tells have the story!

Interior:

Upholstery:
The platinum interior color creates a sense of openness (as in space ), freshness (as in looks) and elegance in the car that I have yet to see in any other car! So far it has held up fairly well even with the kids...

Trim:
I love the piano black trim and would recommend it to anyone. Personally, I don't like the wood trim look. The only one I would have considered is the dark ash wood trim. The finish of these trim panels is superb. The piano wire inlay is stunning, especially if you look up close as you see all the fine details of the wire! Again, if I find the time I will try and post a close up shot of the piano black trim with the piano wire inlay.

Controls:
The ceramic controls add an extra touch of elegance to the already stunning interior and is IMHO definitely worth the money they charge for it!

Alcantara Roofliner:
I just love the look of the alcantara roofliner. It is a suede like leather and looks awesome. I was afraid it would show little finger prints and such but to my surprise it doesn't. Although I have to admit I did have a talk with my kids before they were allowed to ride in this car about all the different leather, trim and knobs in this car and that I would prefer they don't mess around too much with any of them
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2009, 11:52 PM   #113
Spiroman
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Thanks guys!

I have to say that I am still extremely happy with my choice of exterior color and interior trim. It was definitely worth waiting for the individual version!!!

Here are some of my personal feelings/findings:

Exterior:

Paint:
The Citrin Black Metallic color changes depending on how the light falls on it. It is simply amazing how many hues this paint creates/possesses. The sparkling effect this individual color creates when the sun or a really bright light shines on it is absolutely stunning. It also seems to be a very durable paint and thankfully doesn't seem to have the same issues like so many other cars with a black paint exterior exhibit after a few washes. I have yet to see any hint of swirl marks (and believe me I looked)!

I wish I could capture this amazing range of hues with the camera but unfortunately, it is almost impossible. I will give it another try when I find the time and post some pictures. The standard colors the 7 comes in are nice but once you see the individual colors in person, you will understand what I am talking about! You do need to look at them in various different light conditions though to appreciate and get the full spectrum of different hues these great paints provide!

Rims:
I have to say that I am extremely pleased with the looks and the ride (comfort) these 20" individual rims provide. I was a bit skeptical at first since these are also RFT's (Run-Flat-Tires) especially considering these 20" rims leave very little in terms of sidewall. But I can happily report that the ride is very comfortable in the 'Normal' or 'Comfort' mode and handle really nicely when you switch into the 'Sport' modes. I am glad I picked the individual 301I style rims over the style 253 20" rims that came with the Canadian sport package on this car. My dealership was delivering another 750 (not an individual version) with the style 253 rims on the same day I picked up my car. Even the SA and his manager commented on how much nicer the individual rims looked. Again, you need to see them in person to truly appreciate the looks of them. A picture only tells have the story!

Interior:

Upholstery:
The platinum interior color creates a sense of openness (as in space ), freshness (as in looks) and elegance in the car that I have yet to see in any other car! So far it has held up fairly well even with the kids...

Trim:
I love the piano black trim and would recommend it to anyone. Personally, I don't like the wood trim look. The only one I would have considered is the dark ash wood trim. The finish of these trim panels is superb. The piano wire inlay is stunning, especially if you look up close as you see all the fine details of the wire! Again, if I find the time I will try and post a close up shot of the piano black trim with the piano wire inlay.

Controls:
The ceramic controls add an extra touch of elegance to the already stunning interior and is IMHO definitely worth the money they charge for it!

Alcantara Roofliner:
I just love the look of the alcantara roofliner. It is a suede like leather and looks awesome. I was afraid it would show little finger prints and such but to my surprise it doesn't. Although I have to admit I did have a talk with my kids before they were allowed to ride in this car about all the different leather, trim and knobs in this car and that I would prefer they don't mess around too much with any of them
Glad you're enjoying it - a truly stunning combination!

Best regards.

Spiroman
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 08:50 AM   #114
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiroman View Post
Glad you're enjoying it - a truly stunning combination!

Best regards.

Spiroman
Thanks Spiroman!

Looks like you have a nice car coming your way in the October/November time frame too!!

You are lucky! I wanted an xDrive version of the 750 but couldn't wait that long (ordered mine back in February). What I found a bit odd is that they don't offer the Integral Active Steering on the xDrive version, which I assume is due to some technical issues. I hope that BMW decides to also offer the 760 in the xDrive version (and hopefully by then they offer the IAS system in combination with the xDrive). If they do, I'll order the 760 xDrive... That would be an awesome combination of power, styling and handling! (I hope BMW reads this! )
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 09:28 AM   #115
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Forgot to post about this yesterday:

Man I am SOOOOOOOO glad I enabled the pre-collision warning system!!!!

I enabled it about 2 weeks ago and set it for early detection. It helped me avoid a potentially VERY expensive incident yesterday. I was driving along in traffic at about 70 to 75km/h in the right lane when some idiot in a red car started to weave in between the two east bound lanes. We were approaching an intersection that does not have an extra right turn lane and the car at the front of the pack decided (a little on the late side) to turn right. So while he was braking hard to turn, the red car pulled from the left into the right lane right in between the first (turning) car and the car ahead of me without signaling his lane change. The car ahead of me slammed his brakes and although I was far enough away from him, I was sort of caught by surprise by the sudden changes happening in front of me. On top of things, the intersection lights were just changing to red. I assume the driver of the red car was trying to get through the intersection before it changed to red. He actually ended up running the red light after the first car had turned out of his way. My car threw up the 'red car' warning light in the heads-up-display and I had already started to brake lightly due to the light change when it all of a sudden changed to a flashing car and was beeping rather loudly to let me know of a possible impending collision (due to the car ahead of me braking so hard that his tires where actually squealing!)... So I immediately pushed the brakes as far and as hard as I could. I could hear the ABS and possibly other stability control systems kick in and the car came to a halt in a surprisingly short distance and stopped less than 8 inches behind the car ahead of me!!! Meanwhile I was watching my rear view mirror and was hoping nobody would crash into me from behind... which thankfully nobody did as the guy that was driving behind me earlier had just moved into the left lane!

I am glad this pre-collision warning system was enabled and working so well as it helped me avoid an accident and give me an indication of how close or how fast I was actually approaching the car ahead of me. I don't think that I would have reacted quite as fast to the situation if I didn't have this feature in the car and turned on!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #116
keanu1
tiamat
Romania
Rep
Drives: 525 d

Shouldn't individual steering wheel come with the wooden trim!!??!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #117
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
I hope that BMW decides to also offer the 760 in the xDrive version (and hopefully by then they offer the IAS system in combination with the xDrive).
This will be tough as both systems take up space on the rear axle. Watch the end of this video for a diagram:

But anything is possible!

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #118
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden View Post
This will be tough as both systems take up space on the rear axle. Watch the end of this video for a diagram:

But anything is possible!
True, but the differential the car has isn't that much different from the xDrive version. In the xDrive version, there is more stuff ahead of the differential that directs more power to the front or back. So theoretically, they should be able to incorporate both technologies.

Now what would be really neat is if they took the xDrive with the DPC system as found on the X6, added the IAS and put all of it under the chassis of the 760
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #119
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Congrats!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2009, 06:46 PM   #120
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Wow... will you look at that... over 10000 views on this thread!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #121
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

I don't pop over here often, but just had to say your car looks fantastic! My daily driver is usually the E90 (since I drive a lot, it gets the most miles) but we also have a 2007 E65 750i. Can't wait for the lease to be up on that so I can get into something like yours.

Love the ceramic controls and color combination, it's a stunning car. Short wheelbase is the way to go too.

Very nice. Good luck with it!

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #122
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Had my car tinted yesterday. 35% all around. I stayed within the legal limit for the front windows and wanted the same look all around the car. With the powered shades in the back and back side windows, I can still make it darker 'on-demand'

I'll post some pictures soon...
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #123
dvsone
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMX X5

xdrive50i, can i ask a favor? i would like a closeup picture of the interior grab handle on the roof. does yours have piano black trim on it?

TIA.
      08-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #124
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsone View Post
xdrive50i, can i ask a favor? i would like a closeup picture of the interior grab handle on the roof. does yours have piano black trim on it?

TIA.
I'm pretty sure it does. I'll have to post some more pictures and I will try and take one of the handle as well. Things have been a bit crazy around here lately and I haven't found the time to take some additional pictures of my car lately...
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #125
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

I just got a message from my SA and she told me that the 'BMW individual' chrome strip for the trunk finally came in. I'm getting it installed/changed tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll find some time and if the weather cooperates, I may be able to take a couple of pictures and post them.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 01:56 AM   #126
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

750 BMW Individual - Chrome Strip

It's finally done. The 'BMW Individual' chrome strip is on my car's trunk...

Looks nice...

Name:  BMW_Individual_Chrome_Strip_Installed.jpg
Views: 3886
Size:  340.7 KB
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 02:13 AM   #127
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

dvsone: as per your request, here are some pictures for you. Sorry for the delay. Didn't really have the time to take any pictures until now. Still want to take some exterior shots, but the weather isn't really that nice right now (lots of rain on the way)...

Hope this is what you were looking for:

Handle above the rear passenger side door:

Name:  My_750_Platinum_Alcantara_Roof_Liner_01.jpg
Views: 4159
Size:  435.9 KB

Handle above the driver door:

Name:  My_750_Platinum_Alcantara_Roof_Liner_02.jpg
Views: 2888
Size:  297.0 KB

Handle above the passenger door:

Name:  My_750_Platinum_Alcantara_Roof_Liner_03.jpg
Views: 3054
Size:  279.5 KB

Platinum Alcantara Roof Liner - view from the back seat:

Name:  My_750_Platinum_Alcantara_Roof_Liner_04.jpg
Views: 4013
Size:  276.3 KB

Handle above the rear driver side door:

Name:  My_750_Platinum_Alcantara_Roof_Liner_05.jpg
Views: 3887
Size:  392.7 KB
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 09:36 AM   #128
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Beautiful!

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #129
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Exterior pictures

So Finally I found a few minutes to snap some exterior pictures before the rain...

Enjoy...

Name:  My_750_Individual_Citrin_Black_Metallic_01.jpg
Views: 9652
Size:  466.7 KB

Name:  My_750_Individual_Citrin_Black_Metallic_02.jpg
Views: 5124
Size:  484.5 KB

Name:  My_750_Individual_Citrin_Black_Metallic_03.jpg
Views: 5980
Size:  435.7 KB

Name:  My_750_Individual_Citrin_Black_Metallic_04.jpg
Views: 5787
Size:  337.3 KB

Name:  My_750_Individual_Citrin_Black_Metallic_05.jpg
Views: 6190
Size:  568.0 KB

Name:  My_750_Individual_Citrin_Black_Metallic_06.jpg
Views: 5508
Size:  411.3 KB

Name:  My_750_Individual_Citrin_Black_Metallic_07.jpg
Views: 5758
Size:  389.0 KB

Name:  My_750_Individual_Citrin_Black_Metallic_08.jpg
Views: 5716
Size:  476.6 KB
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #130
SpotM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Beautiful car! The tint and the rims look great!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 09:41 AM   #131
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

this car is a masterpiece!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #132
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General