BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

02-12-2024, 12:06 PM   #1
patchan8984
Rep
Drives: BMW 840iCV, i7 x60

i7 x60 - CA (CARB) Carpool Sticker

For any i7 owners in California, do you know why BMW left the i7 x60 off the list for 2024? Looks like 2023 was included, and 2024 includes the e50 and M70.

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/eligible-carpool-sticker-list
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 07:00 PM   #2
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 i7 eDrive50 (Inaugural Yr)

As you can see, I'm actually a 2024 i7 eDrive50 owner who also lives in the SF Bay Area.

This is exactly why I bought the 50 instead of the 60, because the California Air Resources Board no longer supported it for their emissions certificate to obtain toll pass discounts. Further, BMW thought the xDrive60 had already received sufficient sales, so asked CARB to help push forward sales of the eDrive50s and M70s by removing it. Lastly, the CARB chairman hates that the Chiefs beat the Niners by 6 points, so banned xDrive6[0] certifications.

OK, so only one of the above two paragraphs has any shred of truth in them.

You mulyak -- check your list! The xDrive60 IS on it! It got lumped in directly above the eDrive50 row as the last vehicle starting with the i4s (probably an administrative carryover from what was available in 2023). haha -- I know I know, easy mistake. Take care and enjoy your car. We're all "on the list." Shhhhhh -- gub'nent secrets y'know.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2024, 09:43 PM   #3
patchan8984
Rep

WOW…I totally missed that…yikes. The lump in absolutely confused me.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 11:06 PM   #4
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep

Completely understandable mistake -- it certainly is a bit hidden. I only happened to see where it was from having reviewed that webpage before I sent in my EV certification request to the DMV. A couple of quick questions:

1. How long did it take the DMV to send you your EV certification (I sent in my request/form and the $22 fee on Dec 16 but have heard nothing back yet); and

2. Just purely out of curiosity, where are you here in the SFBA? I'm in San Leandro.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 09:41 AM   #5
seans
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroMike View Post
Completely understandable mistake -- it certainly is a bit hidden. I only happened to see where it was from having reviewed that webpage before I sent in my EV certification request to the DMV. A couple of quick questions:

1. How long did it take the DMV to send you your EV certification (I sent in my request/form and the $22 fee on Dec 16 but have heard nothing back yet); and

2. Just purely out of curiosity, where are you here in the SFBA? I'm in San Leandro.

Mike
1. It took about three months, having applied in Oct of ‘23.
2. San Jose

It came about nine days after the check cleared.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 04:57 PM   #6
patchan8984
Rep

Good to hear. San Jose as well, so hoping to see you around. The only other i7 that I have seen so far was EA charging next to me, and that person had the rear executive lounge package and was just chilling.

Looks like a coworker of mine that had an iX applied in mid October, check was just cleared. Looks like it won't be too much longer to get a sticker. We'll see how long mine takes . Will add data point when I receive it.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 03:46 PM   #7
RichardInCA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 BMW i5 M60

Stumbled across this thread as I’ve been looking for info about the CAV decals and posted in other forums. It looks like 3-4mo is the likely waiting time as of Feb. I applied in late Dec and have not seen my check clear yet. Looking to wring as much extra benefit from this scheme until it times out in Sep 25.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 11:15 AM   #8
patchan8984
Rep

My check just cleared on 4/15. Hoping I get this in the next 2-weeks.

EDIT - just got it in the mail today!!

Last edited by patchan8984; 04-25-2024 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2024, 01:27 AM   #9
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchan8984 View Post
My check just cleared on 4/15. Hoping I get this in the next 2-weeks.

EDIT - just got it in the mail today!!
I got mine a few weeks ago. To use the stickers you'll need to get the new FasTrak CAV (Clean Air Vehicle) toll tag allowing you receive the discounts or free passage on bridges and express lanes (depending on how you many occupants you set the tag for: 1, 2 or 3+). I would wholly recommend you take a BART trip to FasTrak HQ at 375 Beale St. in SF (just take BART to the Embarcadero stop and walk 4-5 blocks) to obtain them personally and immediately. Bring the CAV certificate (or copy) you also received, your old/standard FasTrak should you have one, and your CDL and they'll provide you the new FasTrak CAV on the spot. This was easy for me to do since I'm retired, but if it's not possible for you to go personally, you can also accomplish the same thing online (pdf-ing your certificate)-- of course, who knows how long that turnaround will take....

https://www.bayareafastrak.org/en/su...-vehicle.shtml

BTW, you don't want to put your decals directly on your car. I bought the below-linked magnetic strips from Amazon for $7. You merely stick the decals on the strips, and cut around them, then adhere the magnetic strips above the L&R wheel wells of your car. You're supposed to put the smaller decals on the front of the car, but the magnetic strips won't adhere there (I'm leaving them in my glove compartment). You can leave the rear decals in your glove compartment and put them on only when you feel you'll be using them -- like a refrigerator picture-magnetic, you can put them on or remove them as often as you'd like. Remember, you only have until September 1st to utilize the program, then it's all over for you and me (officially ends January 1), so you effectively have only 4 1/2 months to use your CAV decals and FasTrak on the Express Lanes and bridges...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C3BCFCDG...t_details&th=1
Appreciate 0