BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

02-26-2020, 08:04 AM   #1
golphinal
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 750li xDrive

Garage List
F02 Turbo cooking line replacement

I recently visit my local BMW dealership are noticing a slight coolant leak. It wasn't a very fast leak at first but progressed with time. Paid the 189.00 diagnostic fee and was told that the turbo cooling lines had a leak. The repair order had parts listed and a 19 hour labor fee bring the total to about 4000.00! I decided to not get it done at the dealership and to do it myself. I bought oem parts online and saved about 100.+ dollars. Spend sometime removing all parts to find the leak. Guess what? The turbo line were just fine. It was the plastic y pipe. I repaired it and decided to do some work while elbows deep in the motor. Gonna do the oil return lines for the turbos and clean all the muck caused by the leak. Will send an update when I'm done.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0