BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

05-26-2020, 10:28 PM   #1
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

Folding Your Mirrors

I just noticed today that the right mirror folds more in towards the passenger window than the left one. Is this normal? There is zero movement with either mirror once they fold!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 10:39 PM   #2
bigmac f02+g12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17f15,18G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
I just noticed today that the right mirror folds more in towards the passenger window than the left one. Is this normal? There is zero movement with either mirror once they fold!
It's normal they sit at a slightly different angle which makes the right side go in more
      05-27-2020, 10:57 AM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Ditto bigmac f02+g12. The angle of the mirrors are designed differently to reflect the position of the driver. This is why you can't use mirrors from a RHD model if you own a LHD model (and vice versa) and you need a replacement mirror. The position of the mirrors won't be correct do to this slight variance in how they are positioned. Thats why LHD & RHD have different part nbrs for the exterior mirrors.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 04:25 PM   #4
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

Weird that BMW designed it that way! The right side definitely has a better angle, the mirror is completely folded in, less chance for anyone to hit it.

On the other hand, I'm glad my car is not the only one LOL!!!

Thanks for everyone's response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Ditto bigmac f02+g12. The angle of the mirrors are designed differently to reflect the position of the driver. This is why you can't use mirrors from a RHD model if you own a LHD model (and vice versa) and you need a replacement mirror. The position of the mirrors won't be correct do to this slight variance in how they are positioned. Thats why LHD & RHD have different part nbrs for the exterior mirrors.
Appreciate 0