BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

07-25-2019, 04:17 PM   #1
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i3S REx

Garage List
Considering buying a used 740e. What should a newbie lookout for?

I'm a long-time BMW owner but never owned a 7 series. Owned just about everything else though. I'm looking at a CPO 740e. Seeing if we can make a deal.

Any buy tips for a G11 newbie? Things to look out for? Its under warranty so I'm guessing I don't have to worry about mechanical... or do I?

On the i3 I have the service contract doesn't go with the car when its sold. I believe that's only on the i3's. I should still get full service for the 4yr/50k buying a used 7 right?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 06:53 AM   #2
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFor View Post
I'm a long-time BMW owner but never owned a 7 series. Owned just about everything else though. I'm looking at a CPO 740e. Seeing if we can make a deal.

Any buy tips for a G11 newbie? Things to look out for? Its under warranty so I'm guessing I don't have to worry about mechanical... or do I?

On the i3 I have the service contract doesn't go with the car when its sold. I believe that's only on the i3's. I should still get full service for the 4yr/50k buying a used 7 right?
I would buy a CPO or demo from BMW dealer with balance of new car warranty and purchase extended BMW warranty if plan to keep it for a while.

Common sense prevails as with any used car purchase. Put the car on a lift and pay a well trusted and versed mechanic to go over the car with a fine tooth comb. Best $150 ever spent and you will save yourself from headaches down the road.

Inspect the car, every panel and don't blindly trust the "Carfax" report when they slap it in front of you.

Happy shopping!

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0