BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Yesterday, 08:20 AM   #1
JerseyJules
Rep
Drives: None yet

Looking for an honest and upfront dealer.

Greetings all,

Let me preface by saying up intil 2 days ago I was BMW hater and a total AMG fan boy. What changed is I recently test drove a few M850I's and I think I have been converted and am now shopping 8 series Grand Coupes.
I don't know if this is the right forum to ask this but I'm looking for an honest and transparent car dealer in or around the NJ area. I am willing to have a car shipped to me for the right deal however.
I'm looking for a straight shooter Price, tax and tags dealer that won't try and illegally force dealer fluff add ons like Nitrogen filled tires on me. I'm getting very discouraged with the way these dealers conduct business around here. They advertise a low price, get you In and all of a sudden there are 4 to7k in nonsense fees added in after wasting your time.

Please help me join the dark side.
(Also is the extra money from 850i to M8 justified?)
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:33 AM   #2
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Best wishes in your search for an honest and upfront car dealer.

How many cars have you purchased in the past?
Appreciate 1
nerdogray1309.00
      Yesterday, 08:44 AM   #3
JerseyJules
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Best wishes in your search for an honest and upfront car dealer.

How many cars have you purchased in the past?
Quite a few and it usually involves me ripping up contracts and walking out.Lexus was the easiest so far.
Appreciate 2
nerdogray1309.00
chassis6604.50
      Yesterday, 08:44 AM   #4
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

You might find a suitable BMW dealer near you in this thread:

https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2092840

I don't know where in NJ you are and how convenient these dealers would be but I found these...

Flemington BMW (Flemington, NJ)

Paul Miller BMW (Wayne, NJ)

BMW of Westchester (White Plains, NY)

Rallye BMW (Westbury, NY)

And there are more. But you might want to read the thread as some dealers on this list came in for some negative comments.

When I was shopping for a new M2 launch car I found one at a dealer about 200 miles away. Talked to the salesman and he submitted a price to me which included some extras. Tint. Nitrogen filled tires. Some door guards (?). I declined all. At first he was insistent but I stressed these options were a deal killer. And I had impressed upon him I was just not calling around for fun but was a serious shopper and for the right car at the right price (essentially I had "resigned" myself to paying MSRP) I was a buyer.

As it was all the extras came off and with some more back and forth to ensure all the blanks on the quote were filled in I put a deposit on the car and then a month or so later when the dealer called me I drove up and completed the purchase.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 09:04 AM   #5
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
There's nothing illegal about dealer add-ons. If you don't want any, just tell them that up-front. If they tell you they're already installed or they can't take off the charge, just go elsewhere. It can't be that difficult where you live. At least you don't have to travel 150-miles to find just one dealership.
Good Luck.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 09:17 AM   #6
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.74]
Here is the list of the top dealers in the US. There are New Jersey dealers on the list. I would try one of them. https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ht=Top+dealers
      Yesterday, 09:45 AM   #7
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
Here is the list of the top dealers in the US. There are New Jersey dealers on the list. I would try one of them. https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ht=Top+dealers
There are many hidden factors that go into being included on that list and many posters have questioned why certain dealers are even there and others aren’t.

Having lived in NYC for most of my life and having many friends that lived in Long Island I know that Rallye BMW (Westbury, NY) has always had an excellent reputation.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:58 AM   #8
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

I live in TN and used a Flemington, NJ dealer to purchase mine for a PDC pickup in Spartanburg. It was a good, no-bullshit experience. They didn't even try that hard on the back-end to push the extra stuff like warranty. Michael O'Connor was my CA. He's been doing it a long time... one of the old guard. Not one of these whippersnappers that doesn't even know their own product.

I hate that DAO crap. I once talked to a sales rep when I was looking to upgrade my Civic to a new one, and they had the nerve to try and tell me that their special wheel nuts were already installed and couldn't be removed (when I could see online the car had not even been delivered to them yet).
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 09:58 AM   #9
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJules View Post
Greetings all,

Let me preface by saying up intil 2 days ago I was BMW hater and a total AMG fan boy. What changed is I recently test drove a few M850I's and I think I have been converted and am now shopping 8 series Grand Coupes.
I don't know if this is the right forum to ask this but I'm looking for an honest and transparent car dealer in or around the NJ area. I am willing to have a car shipped to me for the right deal however.
I'm looking for a straight shooter Price, tax and tags dealer that won't try and illegally force dealer fluff add ons like Nitrogen filled tires on me. I'm getting very discouraged with the way these dealers conduct business around here. They advertise a low price, get you In and all of a sudden there are 4 to7k in nonsense fees added in after wasting your time.

Please help me join the dark side.
(Also is the extra money from 850i to M8 justified?)
Can't offer any opinion on the question of 850i vs. M8.

However, I was my local BMW dealer a while back and spotted this car.

https://www.bmwofnwa.com/inventory/n...e0c05rcn50588/

Tempting.

But I have a 2024 230xi and a 2023 M2 and have to struggle a bit to come up with excuses to use either car. Hard to justify getting an M8 Competition even if I would trade in both cars and just have the M8 going forward.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:50 AM   #10
JerseyJules
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
There's nothing illegal about dealer add-ons. If you don't want any, just tell them that up-front. If they tell you they're already installed or they can't take off the charge, just go elsewhere. It can't be that difficult where you live. At least you don't have to travel 150-miles to find just one dealership.
Good Luck.
It's absolutely illegal for them to force them on you. Read the FTC guidelines. If you say no, and theu say it's already on the car and they won't take it off and force you to buy it, it's against FTC regulations.
Appreciate 2
nerdogray1309.00
chassis6604.50
      Yesterday, 12:16 PM   #11
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
I don’t know anyone close to you. Since you mentioned traveling or shipping my recommendation would be Adrian Avila at BMW of Gwinnett Place in Atlanta. Adrian has been the go to CA in the south since I first joined Bimmerfest almost twenty years ago.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adrian-a...medium=ios_app

Bimmerpost won’t let me post a direct link to BMW of Gwinnett Place
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Last edited by tturedraider; Yesterday at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:47 PM   #12
chassis
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
A suggestion to avoid the usual dealer BS is to buy sight unseen from a dealer out of your area. I bought a Cayenne sight unseen from a dealer 2,400 miles away. Great transaction, no regrets and would do it again.

This requires you to know the target model in detail, including all of the options. Search online for a car that checks all of your boxes. Negotiate a deal, ask the sales person to email you an invoice, and wire the money.

A BMW SA in a previous city I lived sold cars to buyers all over the country. He seemed to be pretty successful selling M8Cs on a regular basis.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:53 PM   #13
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
JerseyJules, have you considered contacting a broker?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #14
JerseyJules
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
JerseyJules, have you considered contacting a broker?
No. Not once.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:23 PM   #15
JerseyJules
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
A suggestion to avoid the usual dealer BS is to buy sight unseen from a dealer out of your area. I bought a Cayenne sight unseen from a dealer 2,400 miles away. Great transaction, no regrets and would do it again. .
Was the savings worth the shipping?
Appreciate 1
chassis6604.50
      Yesterday, 07:42 PM   #16
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I don’t know anyone close to you. Since you mentioned traveling or shipping my recommendation would be Adrian Avila at BMW of Gwinnett Place in Atlanta. Adrian has been the go to CA in the south since I first joined Bimmerfest almost twenty years ago.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adrian-a...medium=ios_app

Bimmerpost won’t let me post a direct link to BMW of Gwinnett Place
Quote:
Just something to keep in mind. You don’t have to ship. You can do a Saturday delivery and drive home on Saturday afternoon and Sunday or you could take a day or two off from work. For me, my schedule is very flexible and I have traveled for all of my Bimmers except one and picked them up and driven home. From Atlanta to Newark is only a 13 hour drive.

Another excellent option if you are going to order is to take Performance Center Delivery in South Carolina. That’s only ten hours from Newark. Just using Newark as an example. Doing this would allow you to buy from any dealer anywhere in the country.
https://bmwperformancecenter.com/delivery/
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Yesterday, 07:55 PM   #17
chassis
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
There were no savings. I was looking for a car that checked the boxes for me at a price I was willing to pay. 2,400 mile uncovered shared/non-dedicated transport was approx $1400 so it clearly added to the total transaction price. If you are looking for an M8 I argue that transport cost is immaterial in your case.

Porsches are nearly one-off vehicles because of the level of customization Porsche allows. This means finding a car with the right options requires searching nationwide. finder.porsche.com makes this achievable.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 08:11 PM   #18
ppointer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3M, '12 335is, '22 540i

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i  [5.25]
2012 BMW 335is  [5.00]
2008 Infiniti QX56  [0.00]
1967 Chevrolet Corv ...  [10.00]
2001 M Roadster  [10.00]
2022 BMW 540i  [0.75]
2009 528i  [9.50]
Very happy with my dealer in Columbus, Ohio. Kelly BMW. Ordered my '22 G30 through them. Did the whole order process and most of the paperwork remotely. I hope to get a G61 or G99 from them next year.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:18 PM   #19
eliphil
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550I

Try circle bmw Jim hirsch 7327035196. He’s a good guy and their service is pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:43 PM   #20
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

As for M850 vs M8, it really depends on how much the highest performance possible is a priority. I chose an M5 over an M550i, but I am willing to compromise towards performance. Here is an experienced and knowledgeable guy who has had M5s and now has an M850i. https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2098241
Appreciate 0