BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > General 7-series (G11) Discussions

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-16-2018, 05:21 AM   #1
Gamoto
Second Lieutenant
62
Rep
207
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i and 2016 X5 3.5i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Foot motion to open trunk / boot not working.

I just bought a slightly used 2018 750 m sport. It's not huge deal but the trunk doesn't open using foot motion. Is there a setting in i drive settings?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 09:50 AM   #2
roho3323
The Professor
roho3323's Avatar
United_States
61
Rep
760
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Michigan, USA

iTrader: (14)

This happened to me as well a bunch of times and it turned out that my phone and fob were to close to each other...when they are in separate pockets, it always work...could that be the problem?
__________________

2010 BMW M6 (12,000 mile garage queen)
2007 BMW 335i (daily driver)
2012 Audi S4 (recently sold
[b]2016 BMW 750i M-Sport (Individual Full Merino)
Appreciate 1
Gamoto62.00

      09-16-2018, 11:38 PM   #3
MrOhnoez
Second Lieutenant
United_States
203
Rep
245
Posts

Drives: '17 Golf R, '16 750i Xdrive
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southern region

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW 750Xi  [0.00]
Working as a BMW Genius I can usually say 99% of the time it's user error.
Are you able to open the trunk at all?
If so then it's most likely the motion you are doing.
The trunk needs to not be in Valet Lock mode.
Key within 3 feet of the trunk
just a quick forward and back motion with your toe just under the rear valence.
Most common issue is people try to double kick.
They kick and instead of waiting for it for a half second they instantly kick again and it stops the operation.
Then low and behold I get a call. lol
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 08:44 AM   #4
Gamoto
Second Lieutenant
62
Rep
207
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i and 2016 X5 3.5i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roho3323 View Post
This happened to me as well a bunch of times and it turned out that my phone and fob were to close to each other...when they are in separate pockets, it always work...could that be the problem?
My phone and key may have been in the same pocket or the key in my front pocket and the phone in my back. I will try it
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 08:49 AM   #5
Gamoto
Second Lieutenant
62
Rep
207
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i and 2016 X5 3.5i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOhnoez View Post
Working as a BMW Genius I can usually say 99% of the time it's user error.
Are you able to open the trunk at all?
If so then it's most likely the motion you are doing.
The trunk needs to not be in Valet Lock mode.
Key within 3 feet of the trunk
just a quick forward and back motion with your toe just under the rear valence.
Most common issue is people try to double kick.
They kick and instead of waiting for it for a half second they instantly kick again and it stops the operation.
Then low and behold I get a call. lol
How do I know if the trunk is in valet mode? Is that in addition to the car just being locked?

Also I tried passing my foot left to right which I guess is wrong. I then tried kicking my foot forward then back out and neither worked.

Also the trunk opens using the fob or button in the drivers door

Thanks for your reply
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 12:53 PM   #6
AlteBMW
Private First Class
United_States
43
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: 2017 750ix
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamoto View Post
How do I know if the trunk is in valet mode? Is that in addition to the car just being locked?

Also I tried passing my foot left to right which I guess is wrong. I then tried kicking my foot forward then back out and neither worked.

Also the trunk opens using the fob or button in the drivers door

Thanks for your reply
Assume you are kicking in the center below the truck? A quick movement in is usually all that is required
__________________
BMWCCA Member
Current: 2017 750ix (Azurite, Cognac)
2014 E91; 2014 MB E Wagon
Prior: 3,5,7, and 8 series BMW; Mercedes C,E, and S; Alfa Romeo, MGB, Audi, and many others.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 11:36 AM   #7
Bespoke 2014
Private First Class
12
Rep
101
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 535i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Mine works flawlessly keep trying - itís a lot of trial and error with the function on all cars I have - always finicky. Check if anything may possibly be blocking sensor.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 10:07 AM   #8
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
50
Rep
461
Posts

Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Bristol, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Did you get this sorted? (the OP)

As others have mentioned, a single kick forward close to the centre of the car works best. No side to side motion and no double kick, etc...those won't work.

Hope you get it sorted.
__________________
Previously: 2011 F01 730d, 2008 E90 318d, 1996 E36 318i Cabrio (D)
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2018, 04:50 AM   #9
Gamoto
Second Lieutenant
62
Rep
207
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i and 2016 X5 3.5i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
Did you get this sorted? (the OP)

As others have mentioned, a single kick forward close to the centre of the car works best. No side to side motion and no double kick, etc...those won't work.

Hope you get it sorted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
Did you get this sorted? (the OP)

As others have mentioned, a single kick forward close to the centre of the car works best. No side to side motion and no double kick, etc...those won't work.

Hope you get it sorted.
Yes I finally mastered the technique....Thanks
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.




7post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST