BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

06-21-2018, 08:41 PM   #1
gps470
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 750Li

Garage List
2014 BMW 750Li  [0.00]
BMW Extended Warranty

So I missed getting the extended warranty for my 2014 750Li. Now I am almost a month out, and looking for options.

Does anyone have any positive experience with a specific third party warranty provider ? I searched and there are mixed reviews for almost all of them from Endurance to Delta to JM&A.

I am assuming that BMW extended warranty is no more available/applicable - Can someone with knowledge on this comment (I did try 2 different BMW dealers, and was denied for anything other than Powertrain only warranty)

Thanks
1st time poster
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 10:39 PM   #2
luv4greenleaves
Rep
Drives: 2014 750xi

Why get extended warranty? How long have you had the car? How has it been so far? How many miles?

I think people on these forms are scared into buying extended warranty as only the negative is posted. No one posts when they have no problem. Just like with any review.

I have the same car as you and same year. I just picked it up in Feb and only have 30K miles on it. I don't plan on getting extended warranty when mine expires come October. I figure if I save the $5-8K in a savings account I'd be better off then giving it to a company that will most likely deny claims anyway. Think about it, they are not selling warranty to lose money. If every warranty they sold cost them money do you think they.would keep selling it?

My 2.5 cents .
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 12:31 PM   #3
gps470
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 750Li

Garage List
2014 BMW 750Li  [0.00]
Around 2 years, with close to 45k miles. So far, nothing major except the iDrive was replaced, and some minor tweaks here and there.

Its insurance. You really don't want to pay for engine replacement, in case that happens. Will that happen to you or me - no one knows. Chances are less and you probably don't want to be that unlucky chap who ignored it only to repent later.

I am planning to keep my car for a good long time FYI.

My 3 cents.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 09:01 PM   #4
Fanta
C
Canada
Rep
Drives: 740iL, M3, Carrera

Even miss out a month, ask your own BMW dealer to back date and sell you one.
BMW Extended Warranty is really an excellent choice!

Transmission oil minor linking, replace Rear sunshade.
They cover all kinds of goodies!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 05:30 PM   #5
001BMW
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4greenleaves View Post
Why get extended warranty? How long have you had the car? How has it been so far? How many miles?

I think people on these forms are scared into buying extended warranty as only the negative is posted. No one posts when they have no problem. Just like with any review.

I have the same car as you and same year. I just picked it up in Feb and only have 30K miles on it. I don't plan on getting extended warranty when mine expires come October. I figure if I save the $5-8K in a savings account I'd be better off then giving it to a company that will most likely deny claims anyway. Think about it, they are not selling warranty to lose money. If every warranty they sold cost them money do you think they.would keep selling it?

My 2.5 cents .
I read your OTHER posts about all the issues you were having with your car (I have the exact same one, BTW, that I just bought a little over a week ago, and your posts are terrifying me...) I just found it ironic that a little over two months after you posted this, you were bemoaning all the work that's been done to your car and you had the good sense to actually purchase an extended warranty!

P.S. How have things been with this car since that initial sticker-shock? Any more issues? Just trying to mentally prepare myself for what *could* go wrong on mine considering I bought mine with 32k miles on it...

Cheers!
Appreciate 0