BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

08-01-2018, 07:31 PM   #1
luv4greenleaves
Rep
Drives: 2014 750xi

GMPP / My Auto Warranty

I've read a few posts about GMPP (GM protection plan) warranty and I've called around a few dealers and had it quoted. Since my 2014 750ix is not a GM the contract is called My Auto Protection Plan. The pricing looks very good ~3K for 4 yrs 60K with no deductible. Exclusionary plan.

Is this too good to be true? Why so low? Can anyone tell me if they have this warranty and your experience?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 11:09 AM   #2
jhartmac
Rep
Drives: 750I

What the monthly cost?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 10:14 PM   #3
chrimsonrede93
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 750li

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4greenleaves View Post
I've read a few posts about GMPP (GM protection plan) warranty and I've called around a few dealers and had it quoted. Since my 2014 750ix is not a GM the contract is called My Auto Protection Plan. The pricing looks very good ~3K for 4 yrs 60K with no deductible. Exclusionary plan.

Is this too good to be true? Why so low? Can anyone tell me if they have this warranty and your experience?
I tried looking online for information on "my auto protection plan" for non GM vehicles and didn't turn up anything. Can you provide some more information on how you went about getting coverage? I have a 2014 750li that I'm looking to get covered under an extended warranty and 3K is about the lowest I've seen so far as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2018, 06:27 PM   #4
luv4greenleaves
Rep
Drives: 2014 750xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrimsonrede93 View Post
I tried looking online for information on "my auto protection plan" for non GM vehicles and didn't turn up anything. Can you provide some more information on how you went about getting coverage? I have a 2014 750li that I'm looking to get covered under an extended warranty and 3K is about the lowest I've seen so far as well.
Call up some GM delars in your area and you will find some that sell it. You can also call GMPP directly and they will provide you with dealers that sell it. The contract reads very good and it covers everything that needs to be covered. I actually got mine for less than $3K with no deductible and 4yrs / 60K additional miles on the Platinum. Don't be afraid to negotiate, these things are marked up 40-50%.

I researched almost every warranty including BMW and believe it or not the GMPP contract reads the best. The proof is in the pudding though as my car just went off warranty last Friday. Haven't used it yet and quite frankly I hope I never have too!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 08:44 PM   #5
chrimsonrede93
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 750li

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4greenleaves View Post
Call up some GM delars in your area and you will find some that sell it. You can also call GMPP directly and they will provide you with dealers that sell it. The contract reads very good and it covers everything that needs to be covered. I actually got mine for less than $3K with no deductible and 4yrs / 60K additional miles on the Platinum. Don't be afraid to negotiate, these things are marked up 40-50%.

I researched almost every warranty including BMW and believe it or not the GMPP contract reads the best. The proof is in the pudding though as my car just went off warranty last Friday. Haven't used it yet and quite frankly I hope I never have too!
Thank you for the input, I'll start searching locally.
Appreciate 0