BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

07-06-2016, 09:56 AM   #1
violetduck
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 730d MSport

Just bought my first F01

Hi everyone

Just joined the forum as I've always found that forums are a great place to get info and its a good way to spend coffee breaks at work

I've just bought a 2013 730d M Sport, Sapphire Black with Saddle Brown Leather, on the 20" wheels. Looks great so I'm pleased!

The car has some interesting options on it, such as full LED adaptive headlights. I wondered if anyone else has this option and what they think of it? I've not had any experience of LED headlights previously (coming from an X1 with halogens)!

I'll take some pics when I take delivery...BMW are doing their pre-delivery inspection and all that stuff at the moment.

Thanks!

Violetduck
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 02:07 PM   #2
Wavy
Captain
Rep
Drives: B8

I had a loaner 3 series with Adaptive LEDs and they are very bright. Better visibility than my F02 with HIDs.

'23 B8, '84 Monte Carlo SS, '23 Escalade, '21 S 580, '20 AMG GT 53 , '18 LS 500, '18 X6, '16 Corvette, '12 750Li, '14 GS 350, '13 ES 350, '10 Maxima, '09 Challenger
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 11:34 PM   #3
Wjjklj
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 740i

Garage List
2021 BMW X7 40i  [6.50]
2020 BMW 740i   [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetduck
Hi everyone

Just joined the forum as I've always found that forums are a great place to get info and its a good way to spend coffee breaks at work

I've just bought a 2013 730d M Sport, Sapphire Black with Saddle Brown Leather, on the 20" wheels. Looks great so I'm pleased!

The car has some interesting options on it, such as full LED adaptive headlights. I wondered if anyone else has this option and what they think of it? I've not had any experience of LED headlights previously (coming from an X1 with halogens)!

I'll take some pics when I take delivery...BMW are doing their pre-delivery inspection and all that stuff at the moment.

Thanks!

Violetduck
I have the Led's on my 2013 750Li and love them. You don't see these very often on the 2013's as they were an option. They are about as rare as seeing the B&O stereo. These are my two favorite options after the m-sport package. Welcome to the forum.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 04:46 AM   #4
violetduck
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 730d MSport

Thanks for the welcome

The M Sport package is nice, prefer it to the SE level trim (externally) in any case.

In the States, do you get the full adaptive capabilities of the LED lights, where they seperate the beam when another vehicle approaches, etc? I've heard that due to restrictions you don't get that unless you code it in?

I did see another car with the B&O sound system which I've been told is incredible to listen to (mine just has the standard HIFI loudspeaker system) but the car with the B&O didnt have the LED lights...so I went with the car with the lower miles and the lights instead.
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2016, 08:29 PM   #5
Wjjklj
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 740i

Garage List
2021 BMW X7 40i  [6.50]
2020 BMW 740i   [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetduck
Thanks for the welcome

The M Sport package is nice, prefer it to the SE level trim (externally) in any case.

In the States, do you get the full adaptive capabilities of the LED lights, where they seperate the beam when another vehicle approaches, etc? I've heard that due to restrictions you don't get that unless you code it in?

I did see another car with the B&O sound system which I've been told is incredible to listen to (mine just has the standard HIFI loudspeaker system) but the car with the B&O didnt have the LED lights...so I went with the car with the lower miles and the lights instead.
I got lucky when I found mine and it had both options ....LED lights and B&O stereo. It was funny too that the BMW dealer didn't list the options when putting it for sale. All I knew was it was a m-sport until I ran the vin.

In the U.S. It doesn't separate the beams of light. I do have the ability to have the high beams kick on and then off when an approaching car is in sight though.
Appreciate 0