BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

08-31-2022, 11:47 AM   #1321
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Top speed seems to be 189 or 195 with Z07. Meh
Right, 184 is totally ok for the new Porsche 911 GT3 RS, but when it comes to a Z07, no way!

It's like people don't even understand cars (aero) anymore.
swanson733.00
      08-31-2022, 11:58 AM   #1322
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Right, 184 is totally ok for the new Porsche 911 GT3 RS, but when it comes to a Z07, no way!

It's like people don't even understand cars (aero) anymore.
Z06 has much higher HP so yea it's meh IMO. I am not buying Z07 and don't plan to get it up to 189 anyway, but some people don't understand cars anymore...LOL
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 01:44 PM   #1323
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

2022 and people still paper race. Cute.
Appreciate 3
Cos270608.50
T0RM3NT3642.00
reNT265.50
      08-31-2022, 01:44 PM   #1324
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Z06 has much higher HP so yea it's meh IMO. I am not buying Z07 and don't plan to get it up to 189 anyway, but some people don't understand cars anymore...LOL
First of all, no, HP to weight is going to be very similar. Porsche's advertised is dyno at the wheels, Chevy's is crank. The chevy is heavier, so actual hp/weight ends up similar. Second, a 911 S, with LESS power than the GT3 RS, goes 191mph. Why? Less aero being converted into downforce. THIS is the reason the GT3 RS AND the Z06 have lower top speeds, they are meant to slam race tracks and bring in lower times. Adding aero brings down top speed.

By your logic, you must be getting cheated with the GT3 RS and it's slower top speed than a regular S!

You. Don't. Understand. Cars. You can make a 911 GT3 RS or Z06 faster by eliminating downforce (drag), but then it won't stick to the ground as well. But you can go faster...on a 12,000 foot runway or something.
Cos270608.50
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
AlexFL7837.00
swanson733.00
      08-31-2022, 04:42 PM   #1325
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
First of all, no, HP to weight is going to be very similar. Porsche's advertised is dyno at the wheels, Chevy's is crank. The chevy is heavier, so actual hp/weight ends up similar. Second, a 911 S, with LESS power than the GT3 RS, goes 191mph. Why? Less aero being converted into downforce. THIS is the reason the GT3 RS AND the Z06 have lower top speeds, they are meant to slam race tracks and bring in lower times. Adding aero brings down top speed.

By your logic, you must be getting cheated with the GT3 RS and it's slower top speed than a regular S!

You. Don't. Understand. Cars. You can make a 911 GT3 RS or Z06 faster by eliminating downforce (drag), but then it won't stick to the ground as well. But you can go faster...on a 12,000 foot runway or something.
Exactly.

People just see a number figure and draw conclusions with no understanding.

For reference, a stage 3 aero C7Z took a STAGGERING 24 seconds LONGER to 180mph than a stage 1 aero C7Z. Both bone stock.

24 seconds is a fucking eternity, in any metric of racing. And for a top speed run, 24 seconds at those speeds would need probably 2-3+ miles of extra road to achieve.

Aero plays a gigantic part in top speed. The C8Z isn't a roll racing car. Not sure why people have thought they can get this car and try to beat plaids and shit on a highway roll. Not going to happen.
Appreciate 2
RM72892.50
swanson733.00
      08-31-2022, 04:50 PM   #1326
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I don’t get that. I’m here for love of cars, full stop. I have been fortunate enough to own quite a few over time. I think there are lots of incredible cars at various price points so that everyone can enjoy them. I may like some cars better than others but at the end of the day, we’re all sharing the same type of experience. I like reading about all the different cars people have and sometimes they offer point of views I wouldn’t have previously considered. I just don’t understand why people have to be rude or act butt hurt over a car they don’t like.

Even on the tesla forums, they actually behave better than what i have seen on this forum in the 1 year i was here lol. There are those people of, "gas cars are so dumb, can't wait for that to be over blah blah blah" who post frequently there but the rest are cool no matter what other cars tesla owners drive. Some of them, or a lot of them are still fans of ICE too. But this forum is strange when it comes to OTHER cars. It's like no car is better except BMW. And maybe porsche. People have a hardon for porsche lol. Great car maker. But i guess because it's german like BMW? Who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I think if I could find the right C7Z, I’d consider it. The C6 got me interested but the C7 took my money. I’m on the list for a C8Z too. I’m told it’ll probably be 2023/4 before I ever see it. Not in a hurry and not going to pay ADM, so I’ll be patient.
I think C7Z values will remain high just for the simple fact that anyone who is late to the C8 party and can't wait to get one, or simply can not, will default in going to a C7Z. Because there's lots of them out there for sale as people took advantage of the used market and since they can make insane power easily, that might be one of the top choices for anyone looking for crazy power and insane looks. The best looking FE corvette IMHO.

I had a C6 and i even had some, just some, thoughts a couple of years ago but getting rid of the C7Z and trying to find a low mileage C6 ZR1 but i couldn't find myself downgrading like that. The C6 ZR1 is a legend, more legendary than the C7Z but the C6 platform looks very old to me that i couldn't downgrade like that.

I'm still having second thoughts about selling my C7Z and just keeping it, and use my C8 stingray for a year or 2 then sell and have the C8Z next to the C7Z.

First world problems.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 05:21 PM   #1327
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

LOLLOLOLOLOL

The BASE C8 top speed is 194. Wow, the Z is so awesome at maybe 195...oops wait...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 09:45 PM   #1328
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

+1
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 03:47 PM   #1329
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5 35i , '67 Corvette BB,

Quote:
LOLLOLOLOLOL

The BASE C8 top speed is 194. Wow, the Z is so awesome at maybe 195...oops wait...
Wow, you just demonstrated how little you know about the Corvette !!!!

Compare the downforce equivalent of the two and come back to me if you need further help !
      09-02-2022, 04:36 PM   #1330
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

No more allocations until 2023 now. LOL GM. They are a joke. I don't even want the car anymore
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 04:49 PM   #1331
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:

Why do you guys even bother engaging captain negativity?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 06:50 PM   #1332
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2022 R8 Quattro Spyder  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
2024 Civic Type R  [0.00]
Quote:
No more allocations until 2023 now. LOL GM. They are a joke. I don't even want the car anymore
So go buy something else.

I love when people get personally offended by something they can't control and also has nothing to do with them. Like GM even cares if you don't want one, they can't get you one anyways, lol, and they probably weren't getting you one for years so if your desire drops now, what's the difference in it dropping in 2 years? Nothing.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 08:21 PM   #1333
M4Tejas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 G82 M4xDrive

Talking

I dunno man...this is awful purdy. Have to sell 2 cars but might be worth it. Dad likes it. American.
Attached Images

2022 M4 Comp xDrive Aventurin Red Metallic
https://wieninger.de/ Seit 1666
Appreciate 1
swanson733.00
      09-03-2022, 05:50 AM   #1334
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post

I love when people get personally offended by something they can't control and also has nothing to do with them. Like GM even cares if you don't want one, they can't get you one anyways, lol, and they probably weren't getting you one for years so if your desire drops now, what's the difference in it dropping in 2 years? Nothing.
Well obviously they're trolling. That or they never were on any wait lists and just like saying it just to be apart of discussions.

- Oh man i don't like the way the z06 looks, the wishbone is ugly as fuck, proportions are way off, it looks tacky. BUT I'M STILL GETTING ONE THOUGH.

- Not a fan of the engine, it should have been a twin turbo LT2. I don't think it'll be faster than the C7 z06. BUT I'M STILL GETTING ONE THOUGH.

- Car is a massed produced chevy. Not special at all. Rather have a GT3. The C8Z is not a supercar. Not close to it. Has no business to be called it. It's nothing special. BUT I'M STILL GETTING ONE THOUGH.

- The rollout of this car has been an epic fail. GM is the worse car maker. Might consider getting something else. Maybe a 20 year old exotic with 50k miles that actually costs more than the C8Z MSRP. I might have to spend 20k a year on repairs and maintenance but hey at least i have a 20 year old exotic. Idk, BUT I'M STILL GETTING THE C8Z THOUGH.

- GM can't even get the allocations right? This is such a shit show. GM is a joke, the intro to the C8Z is a joke. The car is a joke. I Don't even want the car anymore. BUT I'M STILL GETTING ONE THOUGH.

lol it's easy to read those clown ass troll posts. Make fun of a car you never had any intention on buying, but to save face to make yourself valid in the conversation you'll end every post with, "but i'm still getting the car though".

LOL the posts in this thread are fucking clown shoes
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2022, 07:50 AM   #1335
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Well obviously they're trolling. That or they never were on any wait lists and just like saying it just to be apart of discussions.

- Oh man i don't like the way the z06 looks, the wishbone is ugly as fuck, proportions are way off, it looks tacky. BUT I'M STILL GETTING ONE THOUGH.

- Not a fan of the engine, it should have been a twin turbo LT2. I don't think it'll be faster than the C7 z06. BUT I'M STILL GETTING ONE THOUGH.

- Car is a massed produced chevy. Not special at all. Rather have a GT3. The C8Z is not a supercar. Not close to it. Has no business to be called it. It's nothing special. BUT I'M STILL GETTING ONE THOUGH.

- The rollout of this car has been an epic fail. GM is the worse car maker. Might consider getting something else. Maybe a 20 year old exotic with 50k miles that actually costs more than the C8Z MSRP. I might have to spend 20k a year on repairs and maintenance but hey at least i have a 20 year old exotic. Idk, BUT I'M STILL GETTING THE C8Z THOUGH.

- GM can't even get the allocations right? This is such a shit show. GM is a joke, the intro to the C8Z is a joke. The car is a joke. I Don't even want the car anymore. BUT I'M STILL GETTING ONE THOUGH.

lol it's easy to read those clown ass troll posts. Make fun of a car you never had any intention on buying, but to save face to make yourself valid in the conversation you'll end every post with, "but i'm still getting the car though".

True, true.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      09-03-2022, 08:23 AM   #1336
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Quote:

Yawn
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 09:53 AM   #1337
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Quote:

& leave all that profit on the table? don't be a fool
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 10:17 AM   #1338
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
Quote:
& leave all that profit on the table? don't be a fool
Then you should probably stop bitching or you'll just devalue the product and your buyer will move on.

Try good vibes instead. We can all have more fun.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 10:21 AM   #1339
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Then you should probably stop bitching or you'll just devalue the product and your buyer will move on.

lol right?

Imagine degrading a car so much with the intention of selling for the highest dollar to the next owner LOL

But if anything, just elevates the corvette brand even more. That people thought a dime a dozen car won't be dime a dozen anymore and actual wealthy people with mclarens and lambos want this GM supercar too lol.

C8's are actually more rare than exotic cars now.

Great time to be a corvette fan
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2022, 12:16 AM   #1340
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Quote:

lol right?

Imagine degrading a car so much with the intention of selling for the highest dollar to the next owner LOL

But if anything, just elevates the corvette brand even more. That people thought a dime a dozen car won't be dime a dozen anymore and actual wealthy people with mclarens and lambos want this GM supercar too lol.

C8's are actually more rare than exotic cars now.

Yawn
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2022, 09:39 PM   #1341
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Not following that one. It's a great time to be a corvette fan because if you want one you have to pay $20k, $30k, $90k over MSRP or get on some list with some shady dealer wait for years and hope they don't hit you up with a ADM fee when it does finally arrive?

While I would not consider myself a diehard corvette guy. I really liked my C7 and would probably own a C8 if I could actually buy one. So seems like a pretty shit time to be a corvette fan to me. Great time to be a dealer or a scalper though.
Appreciate 4
chris7197334.00
Donatello.1083.50
Seedster2279.00
Cos270608.50
      09-04-2022, 10:29 PM   #1342
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Clicked on this thread to read about the car, came away thinking this is one of the worst threads I've ever seen in my life.

Wtf people.
Appreciate 5
Cos270608.50
Gdiddy23907.50
jmack548.50
UBERV8528.00