BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

04-24-2024, 10:31 PM   #1
forrby
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e (G30), 528i (E60)

G12 Fragrance System Install

Anyone know how hard it would be to install a G12 Fragrance System on a car that did not originally come with one. Also, would anyone know where I could get my hands on one LOL. Anyone have good or bad experiences with the fragrance system in general?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 11:50 AM   #2
jjc034
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G12 750i

Not sure about installing one aftermarket, but your best bet to getting your hands on one is either eBay, car-part.com, or FB part out.

I'll look up the system schematics for you later today.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 02:18 PM   #3
forrby
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjc034 View Post
Not sure about installing one aftermarket, but your best bet to getting your hands on one is either eBay, car-part.com, or FB part out.

I'll look up the system schematics for you later today.
Ohh wow, thank you so much!!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 05:39 PM   #4
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

You would need air freshener dispenser, air hoses, air ionizer control module and inonizer units. Could be some more things that I'm not thinking of right now. Installing ionizers requires removal of dashboard. Top it off with all the required coding.

If I remember correctly, then M_Bimmer did or is planning to do that retrofit as well. He might have deeper insight on this matter.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 06:10 PM   #5
forrby
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
You would need air freshener dispenser, air hoses, air ionizer control module and inonizer units. Could be some more things that I'm not thinking of right now. Installing ionizers requires removal of dashboard. Top it off with all the required coding.

If I remember correctly, then M_Bimmer did or is planning to do that retrofit as well. He might have deeper insight on this matter.
Ahh ok. Definitely sounding like it’s going to be quite an expensive mod lol. Well how can get in contact with M_Bimmer?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 09:40 PM   #6
Scobar
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 750i xDrive

Guy did it in a G30

https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...w+airfreshener
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 11:11 PM   #7
finestbm@gmail.com
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 750 G12 i4 G26

Garage List
2023 BMW I4  [0.00]
2016 BMW 750  [0.00]
I did it on my g12
I replace ihka (ac) module plus ionizer module with two ionizer sensors and air freshener pump
Then you need air freshener cartridge-running so fast- you can reset cartrige ( I have a simple software for it plus credit card chip reader to do this )
Overall easy retrofit but little expensive and I think not worth it - sorry but it’s my personal opinion

Let me know if you have any questions
      04-25-2024, 11:31 PM   #8
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finestbm@gmail.com View Post
Overall easy retrofit but little expensive and I think not worth it - sorry but it’s my personal opinion
Have to agree on this. I dont use my air freshener too often. but my passengers sure love it and ask me to turn it on frequently.

For me, more important feature in this package are ionizer. There are too many tossers on the road who think nothing of condemning others to early demise just because they were too cheap to replace their exhaust treatment systems when they failed. Instead, they cut them off for personal gains and expose others to carcinogens and other nasty chemicals. If ionizers help reduce my chances of cancer then I'm all for it.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 09:56 PM   #9
forrby
Rep

Quote:
I did it on my g12
I replace ihka (ac) module plus ionizer module with two ionizer sensors and air freshener pump
Then you need air freshener cartridge-running so fast- you can reset cartrige ( I have a simple software for it plus credit card chip reader to do this )

Quote:
I did it on my g12

If I can get this done for under $900-$1000 I would be willing to do this. I'm a handyman/general contractor and I use my G12 as a work vehicle. Crazy, I know! You should see how many tools and supplies I have packed in the cabin and trunk, along with the roof rack. Anyways, with the work I do I get pretty sweaty. So when I turn the car on I get a waft of some like stale air when the A/C kicks on. You know the smell of a vacuum cleaner exhaust? It kind of smells like that, but only for a few seconds. I know this could probably improve with a cabin filter change but it won't last long in my experience.

Do you have instructions on how to do this? Also, what parts do I need and where can I get them?
Appreciate 0