BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

06-04-2021, 03:10 PM   #23
ANTWAN229
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW Activehybrid 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSY View Post
My 2018 750i has 27,000km after 3 years, thanks to COVID. I'm thinking of buying it out at lease end - it is such a great car and nothing comes close at the buyout price…, especially with DHP.
Question is, how reliable these cars are if I plan to drive it for another 4 years? Does anyone has experience with a high mileage 750i? Would you buy it out if it you are in my situation?
Appreciate your advice.
I'm quite sure you will have some minor issues along the way, but your 2018 has been built way more reliable than my 2010 Activehybrid7 (N63tu). With that being said, I've had to customer care package done at 45k miles on my 2010, and drove it until I traded it in with 178k miles. Only things that were done out of warranty were front lower control arms, rotors & pads, oil changes, soft close door (driver Actuator -$890).

I would have kept it except it was time to replace the Lithium battery $24k 🤔🤬. I know then I had to let it go. However I was shocked to see that the dealership still gave me $18k towards the trade in.

I would recommend, just purchasing the BMW extended warranty for peace of mine.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 10:17 AM   #24
krautmeister
krrrraaauuuuut
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X Drive M-Sport

Garage List
G12 750i  [0.00]
Long term is a relative term. I had my F10 CPO (N63 gen 1) for 5 years, tuned it, drove the piss out of it…. No issues other than dead DME one time under warranty and 2 high pressure fuel pumps under warranty…. Of course as soon as I hit 50k miles, had turbo coolant line leak (did the DIY T fitting on driver side)…. Don't have to be a rocket surgeon to do so or pay like $800 to get it fixed. In total, I had 80k miles on it at the end and I probably did not care for the car as I should have bc life has been very hectic last 4 years.

I would expect to pay $2k - $3k / year on maintenance on these cars including wear items (especially on a car out of warranty). If you can't afford a $5k emergency repair, that's a problem outside of cars. If the thought is to make a determination of business case of running costs… I think none of the luxury brands are going to make that with depreciation and such. If we were to all make financial decisions based upon strict ROI… we should be driving Camrys and be uninspired. These cars are passion driven and a few select makes / models let you do it financially scot free but never in the sedan / SUV segment.

I buy CPO bc the 2 years that I don't have it "new", I take the $60k in depreciation and maybe I put $10k into running costs over 4 years…. Not bad math although if you're the "keeping up with the Jones'" type it's irrelevant. YMMV… but I love this car… what a car for what it is… comfort, performance, luxury, and in my case "value". 😀
Appreciate 2
KK22137.50
Al Pinã1839.50
      06-12-2021, 09:57 PM   #25
BootlegBurton
Private
Rep
Drives: 750li

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautmeister View Post
Long term is a relative term. I had my F10 CPO (N63 gen 1) for 5 years, tuned it, drove the piss out of it…. No issues other than dead DME one time under warranty and 2 high pressure fuel pumps under warranty…. Of course as soon as I hit 50k miles, had turbo coolant line leak (did the DIY T fitting on driver side)…. Don't have to be a rocket surgeon to do so or pay like $800 to get it fixed. In total, I had 80k miles on it at the end and I probably did not care for the car as I should have bc life has been very hectic last 4 years.

I would expect to pay $2k - $3k / year on maintenance on these cars including wear items (especially on a car out of warranty). If you can't afford a $5k emergency repair, that's a problem outside of cars. If the thought is to make a determination of business case of running costs… I think none of the luxury brands are going to make that with depreciation and such. If we were to all make financial decisions based upon strict ROI… we should be driving Camrys and be uninspired. These cars are passion driven and a few select makes / models let you do it financially scot free but never in the sedan / SUV segment.

I buy CPO bc the 2 years that I don't have it "new", I take the $60k in depreciation and maybe I put $10k into running costs over 4 years…. Not bad math although if you're the "keeping up with the Jones'" type it's irrelevant. YMMV… but I love this car… what a car for what it is… comfort, performance, luxury, and in my case "value". 😀
this guy gets it
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 11:44 AM   #26
KK22
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi A8 L 60 TFSI Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautmeister View Post

Couldn't agree more. I lost more on the depreciation of my F10 than what I paid for the g12.
Appreciate 0