BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

09-15-2019, 06:57 AM   #23
M5theonlyone
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Jos was indeed born in Holland. But Max was born in Belgium and his mother is Belgian (according to Wikipedia). I guess that would make him 50% Belgian and 50% Dutch. He just chooses to race under the Dutch flag.
Sounds about right to me and not connected but must give a tick to the relaunched extremely strong Oranjeboom pilsner
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 07:00 AM   #24
apexit4
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Quote:
Jos was indeed born in Holland. But Max was born in Belgium and his mother is Belgian (according to Wikipedia). I guess that would make him 50% Belgian and 50% Dutch. He just chooses to race under the Dutch flag.
Sounds about right to me and not connected but must give a tick to the relaunched extremely strong Oranjeboom pilsner
I'll have to seek it out on my next trip to Europe then! Probably wishful thinking but I'm guessing it's not available stateside...
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 07:03 AM   #25
M5theonlyone
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
I kind of disagree with that statement. It's unsportsmanlike to ignore the celebration. One could argue what Leclerc did was unsportsmanlike as well, but you'd think Vettel would be the bigger man and still celebrate with the team. He supports Ferrari at every turn and never publicly criticizes them. I'd have thought that he would have still celebrated with them considering how big the win was for the team.
That's Hobsons choice but as you say so long as he stays good with Ferrari then things will stay sweet with a hint of aggressiveness from now on between the drivers which the fans will thrive on.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 01:16 PM   #26
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
As far as I know Max is Dutch as his father was born in Holland (Netherlands).
Negative my friend .I've discussed this more than once...
MAX is born and raised in Hasselt (Belgium) Hasselt is 15 min. from my home in Belgium.
His ID, passport and driver license is Belgian . In 2016 he still drove F1 races without driver license and won his first race , because in Belgium age 18 is required to get a Belgian driver license . He got his driver license in Belgium ,because his passport is Belgian .Once again this proves he is Belgian .
My ID , passport and driver license is Belgian . That's why I'm Belgian just like MAX.

F1 Driver Max Verstappen is officially Belgian, not Dutch => https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2015/0...ian-not-dutch/
According Wikipedia => https://www.wikizeroo.org/index.php?...1ZlcnN0YXBwZW4

As we can see in F1 MAX drives with the Dutch flag on his car . Because his *F1 license* is Dutch , just like dad Jos-Verstappen back in time .
Very likely this was done to avoid the insane Belgian taxes on his F1 income/ salary . I can know it , if I had the chance I would do the same !
Actually you/we can see the whole situation as Financial speculation ...
Dad Jos-Verstappen is Dutch and mom Sophie-Kumpen is Belgian .

MAX and the Belgian mom Sophie-Kumpen
Attached Images

09-15-2019, 02:44 PM   #27
M5theonlyone
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Negative my friend .I've discussed this more than once...
MAX is born and raised in Hasselt (Belgium) Hasselt is 15 min. from my home in Belgium.
His ID, passport and driver license is Belgian . In 2016 he still drove F1 races without driver license and won his first race , because in Belgium age 18 is required to get a Belgian driver license . He got his driver license in Belgium ,because his passport is Belgian .Once again this proves he is Belgian .
My ID , passport and driver license is Belgian . That's why I'm Belgian just like MAX.

F1 Driver Max Verstappen is officially Belgian, not Dutch => https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2015/0...ian-not-dutch/
According Wikipedia => https://www.wikizeroo.org/index.php?...1ZlcnN0YXBwZW4

As we can see in F1 MAX drives with the Dutch flag on his car . Because his *F1 license* is Dutch , just like dad Jos-Verstappen back in time .
Very likely this was done to avoid the insane Belgian taxes on his F1 income/ salary . I can know it , if I had the chance I would do the same !
Actually you/we can see the whole situation as Financial speculation ...
Dad Jos-Verstappen is Dutch and mom Sophie-Kumpen is Belgian .

MAX and the Belgian mom Sophie-Kumpen
Thank you for putting me right on that.Born in Belgium,Dutch flag just like drivers choosing to live in Monaco and Switzerland
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2019, 03:43 PM   #28
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Thank you for putting me right on that.Born in Belgium,Dutch flag just like drivers choosing to live in Monaco and Switzerland
No problem . And cheers my friend