BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

07-23-2022, 11:32 AM   #859
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
Just don't see how people would get excited for something that you see EVErYDAY!! To think someone is pulling out a phone to take a pic of a C7 anything is comical to me. Maybe if you live in West Virginia with a town population of 500. Living in the NE, again it's like seeing a Mustang🤮.
No one pulls out their phone to take a picture of a car anymore. You don’t have to wait for a magazine or rare in person sighting anymore. Internet.
According to these Vette dudes, it's a an everyday event🤣🤣. They are getting chased by people trying to take pics of their 2017 ZR whatever. Lol. Sounds like owning a Vette is like being a Kardashian😉
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 11:34 AM   #860
Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
No one pulls out their phone to take a picture of a car anymore.
This is an absurd and ridiculous statement.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 01:24 PM   #861
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
According to these Vette dudes, it's a an everyday event🤣🤣. They are getting chased by people trying to take pics of their 2017 ZR whatever. Lol. Sounds like owning a Vette is like being a Kardashian😉
It depends where you live. Here in Palm Beach County people won't really care unless you drive in a Bugatti or Koenigsegg or some ridiculous custom six-wheel Jeep.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 01:25 PM   #862
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
It depends where you live. Here in Palm Beach County people won't really care unless you drive in a Bugatti or Koenigsegg or some ridiculous custom six-wheel Jeep.
Same here brother. Maybe not to that extent of exotic but I hear you.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7837.00
      07-23-2022, 01:36 PM   #863
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
I agree. I'm not the biggest fan of the new front. It's growing on me but I feel they definitely could have done a bit better. It's not as bad as the ass on the. Eggs though in my opinion. What's worse with the Bette is, the rest of the car looks so damn good and then the back is just a fucking train wreck. It's like having a chick with the perfect titties, great smile, long legs and then she turns around and her ass is flatter than a pancake🤪. So disappointing. Lol

I think where GM screwed up was giving the camaro corvette like features for the rear. If the camaro didn't exist, the C8 rear would make more sense given the evolution from the C7 rear to the C8. But because of the camaro, now everyone says the C8 rear looks like a camaro, which is a shame.

The z06 rear does look a lot better than the stingray. The first thing i'm doing when i get my stingray is getting proper wheels to make the rear appearance seem wider.

I actually think the front is my favorite part of the car. Especially if the z06 is equipped with all the aero.

Is it the perfect looking car? Definitely not. But i think it looks damn good for what it is. For 106k, or even at 125k out the door, i really don't think there's much else you can buy, or at all, brand new. With a warranty, with that type of engine.

If you ask me, i say that's one helluva way to end the pure ICE corvette with a bang. GM did a great job. And the z06 is only it's 2nd variant on the way with 2, or possibly 3 more variants coming before it's all over.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 02:12 PM   #864
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
They didn't jack anything.

All cars got price increases. Had they debuted this car a year or 2 ago, i honestly think it would be around 92k anyway.
Look at the Raptor R. MSRP of $107k, for a pickup truck.

A LT5 crate engine cost $20k. I could see the LT6 cost $30k+. Most of the Z06 price increase is in the engine and inflation.

Last edited by M3WC; 07-23-2022 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 02:42 PM   #865
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post

A LT5 crate engine cost $20k. I could see the LT6 cost $30k+. Most of the Z06 price increase is in the engine and inflation.

Definitely. People are essentially getting the z06 for it's engine.

That's why i'm getting it. If i didn't care for this type of engine i would be on the ERAY list. It'll have the same widebody, the same brakes (the non CCB's), and it'll be a more potent street car given it's electric motors and AWD.

But i want the z06 mainly because of that engine. It's GM's version of the 458 but better IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 03:15 PM   #866
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post

Definitely. People are essentially getting the z06 for it's engine.

That's why i'm getting it. If i didn't care for this type of engine i would be on the ERAY list. It'll have the same widebody, the same brakes (the non CCB's), and it'll be a more potent street car given it's electric motors and AWD.

But i want the z06 mainly because of that engine. It's GM's version of the 458 but better IMHO.
At least now we all know you are on some type of drugs. Now it's better than a 458? 🙃 it's better cause you can afford something that will sound like it maybe? I'm sure your response will be " I can afford a 458 and a 488. I just like the Vette better. Said absolutely no one with hearing or vision. Come on man. Do you write this shit just to get people to reply? Your that dude who buys a base 911 then talks shit on the Turbo S group and GT3 group aren't you? 99 percent of car dudes buy the car that's at their very limit of affording. If most people could afford a 458/ Lambo /Porsche they would get it. They would t buy a 335I and tune it up or a G-35 and put turbos on it. No, they would get an M3/4 or a GTR. I get it. Your the king nut swing for the car. Maybe you got your first hand job in 1? But no one shopping for 458's and it's competition is going to have some crazy thought and jump into Chevy's and yours holy grail. Sorry ninja. Ain't happening
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 03:25 PM   #867
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
At least now we all know you are on some type of drugs. Now it's better than a 458? �� it's better cause you can afford something that will sound like it maybe? I'm sure your response will be " I can afford a 458 and a 488. I just like the Vette better. Said absolutely no one with hearing or vision. Come on man. Do you write this shit just to get people to reply? Your that dude who buys a base 911 then talks shit on the Turbo S group and GT3 group aren't you? 99 percent of car dudes buy the car that's at their very limit of affording. If most people could afford a 458/ Lambo /Porsche they would get it. They would t buy a 335I and tune it up or a G-35 and put turbos on it. No, they would get an M3/4 or a GTR. I get it. Your the king nut swing for the car. Maybe you got your first hand job in 1? But no one shopping for 458's and it's competition is going to have some crazy thought and jump into Chevy's and yours holy grail. Sorry ninja. Ain't happening

Idk why you're getting all upset.

We don't even know what the C8Z will do, we can only go by what we know so far.

A 5.5L FPC engine making 670hp. That's more than the 458.

The C8Z costs less. It has a better sound IMHO. If you gave both engine sound clips to a random person and ask them which one sounds better, it's a toss up. Which would actually give credit to GM. Have you even seen some of the videos on the in depth look of the LT6? I don't think people even know what's going on with that engine.

It'll be faster than the 458, cost less, sound better (my opinion) and have a fresh warranty.

How is that not better than the 458? Because it's a ferrari? Obviously GM will never be a ferrari but let's not pretend just because it's a ferrari that it's the greatest thing. Some people think the F50 is one of the greatest looking cars of all time and to me that looks like a pile of shit.

Sorry the C8Z sounds a lot better.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 03:35 PM   #868
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
At least now we all know you are on some type of drugs. Now it's better than a 458? �� it's better cause you can afford something that will sound like it maybe? I'm sure your response will be " I can afford a 458 and a 488. I just like the Vette better. Said absolutely no one with hearing or vision. Come on man. Do you write this shit just to get people to reply? Your that dude who buys a base 911 then talks shit on the Turbo S group and GT3 group aren't you? 99 percent of car dudes buy the car that's at their very limit of affording. If most people could afford a 458/ Lambo /Porsche they would get it. They would t buy a 335I and tune it up or a G-35 and put turbos on it. No, they would get an M3/4 or a GTR. I get it. Your the king nut swing for the car. Maybe you got your first hand job in 1? But no one shopping for 458's and it's competition is going to have some crazy thought and jump into Chevy's and yours holy grail. Sorry ninja. Ain't happening

The C8Z costs less. It has a better sound IMHO. If you gave both engine sound clips to a random person and ask them which one sounds better, it's a toss up. Which would actually give credit to GM. Have you even seen some of the videos on the in depth look of the LT6? I don't think people even know what's going on with that engine.

It'll be faster than the 458, cost less, sound better (my opinion) and have a fresh warranty.

How is that not better than the 458? Because it's a ferrari? Obviously GM will never be a ferrari but let's not pretend just because it's a ferrari that it's the greatest thing. Some people think the F50 is one of the greatest looking cars of all time and to me that looks like a pile of shit.

I'm not upset the slightest. Well duh it cost more. That's a given. Your the one who said it's better A car that is t even out yet is the best thing since slice bread. Ha ha. I just thinks it's foolish to compare the 2. Like I said, no one driving a 458 is going to give 2 shits about your Chevy is faster. Lol. If they cared, they would buy something faster with their larger sums of money. Then they would remember every single thing about the 458 is better. Ok, engines are a wash. What is more appealing about the Vette? I love how the show both cars from behind. One is a work of art , the other I just flushed down my toilet 😉🤣
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 05:41 PM   #869
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm not upset the slightest. Well duh it cost more. That's a given. Your the one who said it's better A car that is t even out yet is the best thing since slice bread. Ha ha. I just thinks it's foolish to compare the 2. Like I said, no one driving a 458 is going to give 2 shits about your Chevy is faster. Lol. If they cared, they would buy something faster with their larger sums of money. Then they would remember every single thing about the 458 is better. Ok, engines are a wash. What is more appealing about the Vette? I love how the show both cars from behind. One is a work of art , the other I just flushed down my toilet ����

You're definitely posting like you're upset lol.

I just noticed you have 458 in your avatar so i guess now i understand your style of posts.

You do realize there are exotic owners on the corvette forum right? Dudes with mclarens, ferraris, lambos yet they are all on the list for the C8Z. Their words, "GM has done this type of car right, that's why i'm getting one."

I'm NOT knocking the 458. It was a masterpiece of it's time. It's a ferrari (despite what i said earlier), it is actually one of my favorite ferrari's to this day, the 458. But GM gave us their version of it but better. And to me, that makes me excited to know i'm getting that.

How you want to interpret better is all on you. I am not one to discuss any insecurities one might have. If you have a 458, be proud. I don't but i'm going to be getting something that's better. The only thing that the car won't have is the ferrari badge. Which is where i believe your insecurity is showing. I get it, a corvette is just a chevy and the other is a ferrari, big whoop lol. It'll have a more powerful engine that sounds better, with modern tech, modern looks with a warranty. To me, that makes it better.

But your insecurity is really showing in these last couple of posts dude. It's not a big deal. This is a discussion about cars we love.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 05:41 PM   #870
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2022 R8 Quattro Spyder  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
2024 Civic Type R  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm not upset the slightest. Well duh it cost more. That's a given. Your the one who said it's better A car that is t even out yet is the best thing since slice bread. Ha ha. I just thinks it's foolish to compare the 2. Like I said, no one driving a 458 is going to give 2 shits about your Chevy is faster. Lol. If they cared, they would buy something faster with their larger sums of money. Then they would remember every single thing about the 458 is better. Ok, engines are a wash. What is more appealing about the Vette? I love how the show both cars from behind. One is a work of art , the other I just flushed down my toilet 😉🤣
if your poop is yellow and black, see a doctor immediately.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 06:12 PM   #871
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
Quote:
if your poop is yellow and black, see a doctor immediately.
It's rainbows and unicorns. Lol
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 06:21 PM   #872
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not upset the slightest. Well duh it cost more. That's a given. Your the one who said it's better A car that is t even out yet is the best thing since slice bread. Ha ha. I just thinks it's foolish to compare the 2. Like I said, no one driving a 458 is going to give 2 shits about your Chevy is faster. Lol. If they cared, they would buy something faster with their larger sums of money. Then they would remember every single thing about the 458 is better. Ok, engines are a wash. What is more appealing about the Vette? I love how the show both cars from behind. One is a work of art , the other I just flushed down my toilet ����

You're definitely posting like you're upset lol.

I just noticed you have 458 in your avatar so i guess now i understand your style of posts.

You do realize there are exotic owners on the corvette forum right? Dudes with mclarens, ferraris, lambos yet they are all on the list for the C8Z. Their words, "GM has done this type of car right, that's why i'm getting one."

I'm NOT knocking the 458. It was a masterpiece of it's time. It's a ferrari (despite what i said earlier), it is actually one of my favorite ferrari's to this day, the 458. But GM gave us their version of it but better. And to me, that makes me excited to know i'm getting that.

How you want to interpret better is all on you. I am not one to discuss any insecurities one might have. If you have a 458, be proud. I don't but i'm going to be getting something that's better. The only thing that the car won't have is the ferrari badge. Which is where i believe your insecurity is showing. I get it, a corvette is just a chevy and the other is a ferrari, big whoop lol. It'll have a more powerful engine that sounds better, with modern tech, modern looks with a warranty. To me, that makes it better.

But your insecurity is really showing in these last couple of posts dude. It's not a big deal. This is a discussion about cars we love.
I'm On 3 lists to get a Z06. I love all cars. To each their own. But you have posted so many times about BMW fanboys yet you take the corvette love balls deep? Can't have it both ways chief. How about get the car, then you can actually say, WOW weee. This is the best thing ever? I would guess most of that crowd you had listed is buying the car just to buy it. Shove it in their collection and put 1000 miles a year on. Such a waste. Guess we will see in 2024 when people are actually getting them
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      07-23-2022, 06:26 PM   #873
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm On 3 lists to get a Z06. I love all cars. To each their own. But you have posted so many times about BMW fanboys yet you take the corvette love balls deep? Can't have it both ways chief. How about get the car, then you can actually say, WOW weee. This is the best thing ever? I would guess most of that crowd you had listed is buying the car just to buy it. Shove it in their collection and put 1000 miles a year on. Such a waste. Guess we will see in 2024 when people are actually getting them

Your posts are all over the place dude lol. Relax already.

First off i been a corvette owner for over 2 decades so yeah i'm a corvette fan. Who's calling who a BMW fanboy when i own an M3 as well? If anything that makes me unbiased because i own a car yet i can criticize it. Usually the way it works is you own a car and THAT car is the best car there is, that's how most people post here and that's where i made comments on. I own both a corvette and a BMW yet i can critique both. Noticed how i listed the pros and cons of the C7Z on this forum yet i own one? I have no problems listing the cons and flaws of corvettes. I do all the time.

I don't even have a C8Z so who said it's the best ever? Again you're creating aimless reasoning for nothing.

I said from what we know so far, and the potential it might have, is a better buy than most things on the market today.

Which list are you on? You must be so far down the list if you're assuming in 2024.

I am low on the macmulkin list and i probably won't see my car this year but i will in 2023. I'll let you know how it is.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 06:27 PM   #874
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
I think where GM screwed up was giving the camaro corvette like features for the rear. If the camaro didn't exist, the C8 rear would make more sense given the evolution from the C7 rear to the C8. But because of the camaro, now everyone says the C8 rear looks like a camaro, which is a shame.

The z06 rear does look a lot better than the stingray. The first thing i'm doing when i get my stingray is getting proper wheels to make the rear appearance seem wider.

I actually think the front is my favorite part of the car. Especially if the z06 is equipped with all the aero.

Is it the perfect looking car? Definitely not. But i think it looks damn good for what it is. For 106k, or even at 125k out the door, i really don't think there's much else you can buy, or at all, brand new. With a warranty, with that type of engine.

If you ask me, i say that's one helluva way to end the pure ICE corvette with a bang. GM did a great job. And the z06 is only it's 2nd variant on the way with 2, or possibly 3 more variants coming before it's all over.
I don’t know why people say this. I have a camaro. A corvette looks nothing like it from the rear.
Appreciate 1
swanson733.00
      07-23-2022, 06:32 PM   #875
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Your posts are all over the place dude lol. Relax already.

First off i been a corvette owner for over 2 decades so yeah i'm a corvette fan. Who's calling who a BMW fanboy when i own an M3 as well? If anything that makes me unbiased because i own a car yet i can criticize it. Usually the way it works is you own a car and THAT car is the best car there is, that's how most people post here and that's where i made comments on. I own both a corvette and a BMW yet i can critique both. Noticed how i listed the pros and cons of the C7Z on this forum yet i own one? I have no problems listing the cons and flaws of corvettes. I do all the time.

I don't even have a C8Z so who said it's the best ever? Again you're creating aimless reasoning for nothing.

I said from what we know so far, and the potential it might have, is a better buy than most things on the market today.

Which list are you on? You must be so far down the list if you're assuming in 2024.

I am low on the macmulkin list and i probably won't see my car this year but i will in 2023. I'll let you know how it is.
I am on 1 in Pennsylvania 1 in bum fuck Kansas and 1 in Florida. Florida May. E my best chance. My dad is retired there and his long time friend and both Vietnam vets , his son has a dealership. Who knows. I'm not expecting to get one so it's whatever.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 06:35 PM   #876
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I don’t know why people say this. I have a camaro. A corvette looks nothing like it from the rear.
Thank god for that🤣
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 06:41 PM   #877
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Mainly the tail lights. That i could see a resemblance.

Still looks good though. Modern muscle
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 07:41 PM   #878
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Mainly the tail lights. That i could see a resemblance.

Still looks good though. Modern muscle
Most brands keep some family resemblance between all of their cars and the lights, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, the list goes on and on. This makes no sense. The rear ends look totally different.
Appreciate 1
Donatello.1083.50
      07-23-2022, 08:17 PM   #879
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:

You have to drive the Ferrari to understand the magic. It’s not about numbers on paper. Both cars are more than fast enough and sound amazing. Driving any Ferrari is simply an “experience” in itself. My FF was like 3.7 seconds 0-60 which isn’t even faster than an M4. The sound, the V12 power band, the carbon steering wheel with shift lights, the smell of the leather, the punch of the DCT shifting. The feeling of “holy shit I’m driving a Ferrari.”

All of it simply phenomenal. I shouldn’t have sold that car. For $150k I’d easily take another FF over the z06, and I really want a z06. I’d need a $30-40k delta yo choose the z06. Just my opinion.
Appreciate 1
Donatello.1083.50
      07-23-2022, 08:37 PM   #880
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
You have to drive the Ferrari to understand the magic. It’s not about numbers on paper. Both cars are more than fast enough and sound amazing. Driving any Ferrari is simply an “experience” in itself. My FF was like 3.7 seconds 0-60 which isn’t even faster than an M4. The sound, the V12 power band, the carbon steering wheel with shift lights, the smell of the leather, the punch of the DCT shifting. The feeling of “holy shit I’m driving a Ferrari.”

All of it simply phenomenal. I shouldn’t have sold that car. For $150k I’d easily take another FF over the z06, and I really want a z06. I’d need a $30-40k delta yo choose the z06. Just my opinion.

I actually have driven a ferrari lol. But the 488.

I don't know where i lost some of you if you're thinking i am implying ferrari isn't a good brand. Who in their right mind would say ferrari isn't a great car brand? It is. It's what we all dreamed of driving when we were kids. Some were lucky to drive them, i drove one. Some were lucky to own one.

I am saying FOR THE PRICE, GM gave us their version of the 458 but better. Meaning it has a ferrari like sound (i still think it sounds better than the 458), it has more power, it has modern tech and looks and it has a warranty. For pennies when you compare it to actual supercar/exotic prices.

If i was rich, i'd have a ferrari, and still would want a z06. Which some ferrari owners are actually doing as said on the corvette forum.

But for the value and the potential performance it has, the z06 is a better buy over a 458. We can argue until our eyes bleed on how we're interpreting what is "better". I'm saying in todays world, for the price, the value of performance, GM gave us a better version of the 458.
Appreciate 0