BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

11-28-2022, 06:17 PM   #1
troy2003
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i m sport

2015 750i AC question

Afternoon, I have a buddy looking at a 2015 750i, the vehicle AC blows strong but only warm air. I know this is likely a compressor issue or a refrigerant leak; however, will this cause the ventilated seats to be completely inoperable? I'm not sure if BMW programmed the seats to stop functioning if the AC system is not cooling. Any insight would be greatly appreciated by both him and I.

Last edited by troy2003; 11-28-2022 at 09:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 03:08 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

To the best of my knowledge the seats are just blowing ambient air from within the cabin, nothing to do with the air conditioning

The air condition issue may be as simple as a re-gas. It may be potentially more expensive if other parts at fault. ( whilst the gas leaks out over time, it should be empty which suggests something a bit more serious
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 11:15 AM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Check to make sure the stratified air dials (located around the center dash vent) is in the neutral or blue area (if you want cooled air)...if that dial is turned into the red area...then only warmed/heated air will blow from the dash vents.

The stratified air dial is known to confound many owners that don't understand its function and usage.
Stratification

In heating mode, the blow-out temperature in the footwell is higher than the blow-out temperature of the ventilation area. Optimal comfort is perceived as a result. In the stratification controller's neutral position, the temperature above the ventilation area (head area) is cooler than in the footwell. The stratification can be used to influence the temperature above the ventilation area to adapt it to the occupants' individual requirements.

To do this, the stratification controller can be used to influence the temperature of the blown out air via the ventilation outlets by up to +10 K and –10 K. The air temperature is controlled by mixing warm and cold air using the stratification flap in the heating and air-conditioning unit.

With the stratification controller, the position of the stratification flap is specified by the air conditioning control unit. The stratification flap is adjusted by a stepper motor, the stratification flap motor.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 11-30-2022 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0