BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

02-05-2023, 05:29 PM   #1189
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
No not at all. I admit I’m in the minority when it comes to hating the looks of all Tesla’s. G80 haters here won’t admit they are in the minority. I’ve been consistent. Tesla sales have been great, people love them and I hate them. (I love Elon though). G80 sales are great, people love them and you hate them.

Simple
I don't hate them, thought the F series was much cleaner, but the new M3 and M4 aren't bad...that 7 series is probably the ugliest car on the road atm though.
Appreciate 1
chris7197331.50
      02-05-2023, 05:34 PM   #1190
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Do you think they might come up with a different technology for EV batteries? I really am ignorant on this subject so be easy on me.

I did know there was lots of environmental damage from mining materials for EV batteries. I just didn’t know if this material was the only thing they could use for the foreseeable future.
There are several alternate chemistries and overall approaches being used and developed. It's coming, the question is when and how well it will work. THere is a version that uses Iron, but it has worse range (density), so you need more of the other elements like lithium for a given power capacity, which requires mining more of these other elements which themselves come with their own source issues.
Appreciate 2
      02-05-2023, 07:14 PM   #1191
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I have read plenty of reviews online and comments here. Both are such a microcosm of actual total numbers. My dealership says they have mad more enthusiasm about the G80 the the F80. Also way more sales guys there are ordering a G80 for personal use then the F80. BMW changed the grille. All the rest looks the same. It’s not ugly it’s just different. MOST people think uniformity is ugly. Apparently not long time BMW enthusiasts. Well times are changing. BMW obviously is looking for new blood and it’s working.
I’ve asked my salesman who is also good friend of mine how well G8x are selling. He said he didn’t have specific numbers, but due to the supply chain issues they have definitely gotten less G8x allocations compared to similar timeframe in F8x lifecycle. What G8x allocations they do get sell quickly. Although apparently verts are getting tough to sell. Unfortunately BMW no longer provides individual sales data, just a generic M sales number that now includes all the M-lite models.
Appreciate 3
      02-05-2023, 07:29 PM   #1192
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
A lot can happen in seven years, with a public backlash new gas cars could still be sold after 2030 I'm hoping and the EV programme will be partially shelved because of unrealistic power demands from the National Grid.
No one said in 2030 ice cars would magically disappear.

Not many car makers are wasting time going with hybrids, a lot of them are going straight to ev.

Hell gm just introduced a new v8 that’ll go into the c9 generation. But most likely a hybrid so ice will still be around but they’ll be hanging by a thread.

You have time to find your best ice car and hold onto it when all new car sales will be ev. There’s still time.
      02-05-2023, 07:32 PM   #1193
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Looks are obviously subjective, but I can promise the majority of people think the g80 looks like poo. Everyone? Of course not. But man have you not read a single review of the car or taken a spin through these message boards?

As far a sales numbers, I certainly don’t think that is the best way to judge the looks of any vehicle. Especially in the lease environment of the last 10+ years, people will get the newest model in 3 years or less no matter what. Every new model should outsell the prior one because cars are now disposable items.
And model 3/y’s continue to soar in annual sales for being such a “boring and ugly” car.

The g80/g82 sell well because it’s still new lol. New cars always sell. Wait until the back half of its life cycle, which is now?

People will be waiting for the next gen m3/m4 or upgrading to m5’s which is what I’m gonna do lol
      02-05-2023, 07:42 PM   #1194
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

how the fuck is the g8x the best selling m3/m4 of all time, when the fucking production isn't even over, and was introduced in a massive supply chain problem...yall will say anything on this forum...

why the fuck we aruging about children mining shit. we all buy diamonds and kids sewing our nikes and making our iphones.
Appreciate 2
SoCal_NSX2398.00
chris7197331.50
      02-05-2023, 07:53 PM   #1195
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
how the fuck is the g8x the best selling m3/m4 of all time, when the fucking production isn't even over, and was introduced in a massive supply chain problem...yall will say anything on this forum...

why the fuck we aruging about children mining shit. we all buy diamonds and kids sewing our nikes and making our iphones.
Look, I don’t normally recommend this because people are stupid enough before they drink, but I think you should have a drink. Either that or take a lorazepam.

You’re welcome

Edit-never mind. I just realized you’re from Philadelphia. That explains everything. However, I still recommend the lorazepam. Definitely don’t drink.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 08:27 PM   #1196
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Look, I don’t normally recommend this because people are stupid enough before they drink, but I think you should have a drink. Either that or take a lorazepam.

You’re welcome

Edit-never mind. I just realized you’re from Philadelphia. That explains everything. However, I still recommend the lorazepam. Definitely don’t drink.
thats just the way I talk, at least I don't spew bullshit to prove my pointless "point" on a internet forum. but great personal attack when your shit was called out. its okay buddy. your judgements and telling people to take benzos are a clear indication how you think
Appreciate 1
chris7197331.50
      02-05-2023, 08:47 PM   #1197
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

The split headlights are 10x worse than the grilles. Like, what the hell are they doing there? The bottom lights are just basic circular light sources, it looks like they spent all of the money on the upper lights and ran out for the bottom.
Appreciate 2
Cos270608.50
x622953.00
      02-05-2023, 09:09 PM   #1198
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
And model 3/y’s continue to soar in annual sales for being such a “boring and ugly” car.
I think you're forgetting that a lot (if not most) people aren't buying Tesla's b/c they want an EV, they buy them b/c it's a status symbol.

That's like saying some Yeezy shoes outsold your run of the mill Adidas. That doesn't mean the Yeezy is a better shoe...
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 01:32 AM   #1199
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
No one said in 2030 ice cars would magically disappear.

Not many car makers are wasting time going with hybrids, a lot of them are going straight to ev.

Hell gm just introduced a new v8 that’ll go into the c9 generation. But most likely a hybrid so ice will still be around but they’ll be hanging by a thread.

You have time to find your best ice car and hold onto it when all new car sales will be ev. There’s still time.
The present gov. is planning to ban the sale of all new gas and diesel cars here in '30.
Appreciate 1
Patton2502938.00
      02-06-2023, 05:37 AM   #1200
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
I think you're forgetting that a lot (if not most) people aren't buying Tesla's b/c they want an EV, they buy them b/c it's a status symbol.

That's like saying some Yeezy shoes outsold your run of the mill Adidas. That doesn't mean the Yeezy is a better shoe...
Not all all.

What ev provides the performance, range and network all in one? At its price point?

I’ll wait.

People buy them because it’s an EV THAT WORKS. Other ev’s are either all 100k+ or really cheap but dog shit slow with shitty range and without the tesla network.

If the cars suck so bad, why are people buying them? They’re actually expensive when you compare prices of them years ago.

Has nothing to do with status or is it now? What status is that? I thought Tesla isn’t a luxury brand?

I don’t consider my model 3 luxurious at all.

I just know I’m driving the leading car maker when it comes to ev’s. It’s a superior brand to those who are trying.

It’ll be like that for a while.
      02-06-2023, 05:51 AM   #1201
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
thats just the way I talk, at least I don't spew bullshit to prove my pointless "point" on a internet forum. but great personal attack when your shit was called out. its okay buddy. your judgements and telling people to take benzos are a clear indication how you think
Not at all. You’re just the guy that stands up in the middle of the room because he hears something he doesn’t like, spews profanities in every direction without making a point other than you’re irritated, and then storms out of the room. I merely called you on it. You remind me of one of my cousins in Boston. Seems to me cussing at everyone is a hell of a lot bigger personal attack then me telling you to chill out.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 05:53 AM   #1202
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
The present gov. is planning to ban the sale of all new gas and diesel cars here in '30.
He knows that brother. He’s also good with it. He also would like to see the same thing happen in the United States, and is banking on it, that it will happen.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59589.50
      02-06-2023, 07:09 AM   #1203
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Idk about liking to see it happen.

I’m ok with it whether it happens or not. I have an ev so I’m good.

The difference is it’s going to happen regardless. That’s the part that’s not getting through everyone’s head.
      02-06-2023, 08:20 AM   #1204
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Not at all. You’re just the guy that stands up in the middle of the room because he hears something he doesn’t like, spews profanities in every direction without making a point other than you’re irritated, and then storms out of the room. I merely called you on it. You remind me of one of my cousins in Boston. Seems to me cussing at everyone is a hell of a lot bigger personal attack then me telling you to chill out.
"hears something he doesn't like"

Patton~ "the g8x is the best selling m3 of all time"

pretty sure that's not a fact bud, not something I don't like

you are the kind of person who has to judge people when called out on your incorrect statements, and then project your feelings onto others with the guise that you are cool as a cucumber.

anyways the "point" of my post was yall just justifying your luxury purchases, to others on this forum, why? you think you can somehow justify an m3 as a logical decision over a corolla. a hermes bag over a walmart purse. no one is saving the planet, everyone can say something is ugly/not, everyone has an opinion. however, how much a car sells per generation is not an opinion

just human behavior I guess
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 08:27 AM   #1205
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
"hears something he doesn't like"

Patton~ "the g8x is the best selling m3 of all time"

pretty sure that's not a fact bud, not something I don't like

you are the kind of person who has to judge people when called out on your incorrect statements, and then project your feelings onto others with the guise that you are cool as a cucumber.

anyways the "point" of my post was yall just justifying your luxury purchases, to others on this forum, why? you think you can somehow justify an m3 as a logical decision over a corolla. a hermes bag over a walmart purse. no one is saving the planet, everyone can say something is ugly/not, everyone has an opinion. however, how much a car sells per generation is not an opinion

just human behavior I guess
I apologize but I stopped reading your rant after the first somewhat organized paragraph. It is the number one selling M3 of all time. Try using the Internet. I’ll forgive you. After all you’re from Philadelphia.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 08:31 AM   #1206
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I apologize but I stopped reading your rant after the first somewhat organized paragraph. It is the number one selling M3 of all time. Try using the Internet. I’ll forgive you. After all you’re from Philadelphia.
alright, a car that has been in production for less than 2 years is the best selling of all time. right
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 08:37 AM   #1207
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
alright, a car that has been in production for less than 2 years is the best selling of all time. right
You can laugh all you want. I’m talking about initial numbers from the launch. That seems to be a difficult concept for you. It’s first year production sold more cars than the F 80s first year of production. Did that make it easier for you? I realize the public school system in America is messed up but good grief man. At least you have the Internet now so you’re without excuse.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 08:44 AM   #1208
kyriian
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
Quote:
The difference is it’s going to happen regardless. That’s the part that’s not getting through everyone’s head.
It may surprise you to find how many people in the forum actually know and understand (I for one know full well it will, it was never even a question), its the question of when and how

I will return to the track, one day.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      02-06-2023, 08:48 AM   #1209
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
It may surprise you to find how many people in the forum actually know and understand (I for one know full well it will, it was never even a question), its the question of when and how
Let me ask you a question. Does it bother you that the reason you are right in your statement is because it’s being forced through law and not through normal consumer demand?
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59589.50
      02-06-2023, 08:48 AM   #1210
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Well, you are obviously are in the minority on that. It’s the number one selling M3 of all time. As an outsider, I think the G 80 is incredibly beautiful from all angles. Most people I know do also. As far as Tesla goes, most people, I ask, don’t have an opinion either way only those in the fad seem to have opinions on them. I also don’t think it’s just Tesla that’s ugly. Every freaking fully electric vehicle I have seen on the market with the exception of this really awesome looking Audi are all ugly as shit. It’s almost as if they set ugly as a guideline for all electric vehicles.

Now this is a good looking EV. If I didn’t already have an M5 on its way, I might look at getting this Audi. I suspect it’s well-built also unlike Tesla.
https://www.audiusa.com/us/web/en/mo.../overview.html
Quote:
You can laugh all you want. I’m talking about initial numbers from the launch. That seems to be a difficult concept for you. It’s first year production sold more cars than the F 80s first year of production. Did that make it easier for you? I realize the public school system in America is messed up but good grief man. At least you have the Internet now so you’re without excuse.
and now the goalpost is moved. once again bud its okay...it doesn't matter what people like, as long as you like it. you must have some serious insecurities that you keep projecting on me.
Appreciate 1
chris7197331.50