BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

12-07-2022, 01:25 PM   #1
Lovin7er
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i xDrive

Voice Reduction - Navigation

When I am driving with navigation and playing music in the car, when the navigation instructions come on, there is a reduction in the music sound so they don't compete with each other.

This works perfectly except in the case where I have my phone hooked up to the car's speakers, and I am using the navigation. When on the phone, the navigation commands do not reduce their volume and compete with the discussion I am having over the car's speakers.

In any car I have ever had, the navigation commands don't come on at all when you are on the car's speakers, or the navigation command sound level is greatly reduced. Here, the navigation commands come through at the same level.

I have set the sound reduction to high and it works perfectly, except in this instance.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 03:26 PM   #2
Lovin7er
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i xDrive

UPDATE:

While BMW Genius told me this is not normal behavior my service advisor is telling me it is normal. He said navigation always takes precedence and it has no way to mute the phone so they end up competing.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 04:25 PM   #3
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin7er View Post
UPDATE:

While BMW Genius told me this is not normal behavior my service advisor is telling me it is normal. He said navigation always takes precedence and it has no way to mute the phone so they end up competing.
I'd believe the SA if he is experienced. Geniuses imho just follow scripts.
Appreciate 1
chuli0.00