BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

12-14-2022, 02:36 PM   #45
DB_Cooper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by E66er View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB_Cooper View Post
lol @ boomer. I'm in my early 30s bro.

E65 is also hot trash.

After all these years I don't think opinion has changed much on that Bangle 7 just like it won't change on the newest 7.

We'll revisit this thread in 10 yrs. I'll still be right.
The E65 was a smashing sales success, so who's opinion are you talking about . We'll see how the G70 fares.
I was discussing the aesthetic appeal of the car, or lack thereof.

Lots of fugly cars sell. Thanks for supporting that point btw.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Derived16.00
      12-14-2022, 03:26 PM   #46
E66er
@funwithcarsindonesia
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:

Its lack of aesthetic appeal is just one opinion, yours. Others may or may not agree.
You seem to think that your take on something applies to everyone else and then claim to have made some sort of point
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 03:45 PM   #47
E66er
@funwithcarsindonesia
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
At least the e65 (which I also owned) looked like a BMW.
This thing looks like a hodge podge of incohesive other brands.
Others may disagree on your opinion of the E65...looks fat and bulbous, or hot trash, etc. See how that works? Your opinion is yours, others have their own. Same goes for the G70...don't believe me? Look at this thread and count how many have stated they liked the way it looks.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 03:51 PM   #48
joeyjoejoejr
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i and 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:

I’m not SAYING anyone’s opinion has more value than yours but I will just leave this here…

https://jalopnik.com/we-were-all-wro...het-1664079107

I loved the E65 when it first came out. I had 2001 530i and i still think that is the most beautiful BMW ever made, the M5 version. Maybe the Z8. Doesn’t mean they all have to look like that forever. Genesis makes some handsome cars. Go buy one and then talk shit about the BMW G70 on their forums. I bet it’ll get real confusing.

I’m just glad they’re still making a proper 7 series sedan instead of replacing it with some loogie shaped EQS clone. That dude was bitching about screens in the G70!!
Appreciate 1
E66er117.50
      12-14-2022, 04:28 PM   #49
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Others may disagree on your opinion of the E65...looks fat and bulbous, or hot trash, etc. See how that works? Your opinion is yours, others have their own. Same goes for the G70...don't believe me? Look at this thread and count how many have stated they liked the way it looks.
It's cool. I never said my opinion is the "be all"
I've read all over Social Media and various car reviews, many despise it.
The numbers sold will ultimately decide. I am not expecting much at all.

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 12-14-2022 at 08:38 PM..
Appreciate 1
E66er117.50
      12-14-2022, 04:39 PM   #50
E66er
@funwithcarsindonesia
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr View Post
I loved the E65 when it first came out.
And the guy who actually penned the E65, Adrian Hooydonk, was then promoted to BMW design boss, and then today design boss of the entire BMW Group (BMW, RR, Mini).

Young Hooydonk, with his design boss

Less young Hooydonk, THE design boss

I guess the top honchos at BMW thought his designs were successful huh?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 04:50 PM   #51
DB_Cooper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Its lack of aesthetic appeal is just one opinion, yours. Others may or may not agree.
You seem to think that your take on something applies to everyone else and then claim to have made some sort of point
I can't believe I need to state this but here goes…

Obviously it's my point buddy bc it's predicated on my opinion. I never said my opinion is more important than anyone else's nor did I say everyone needs to share my opinion.

You like the way it looks, I'm really happy for you. I don't share your opinion so…let's collectively move on with our lives.

I do however, think you shouldn't get so butthurt about these kinds of posts. I'm sure that's an opinion most people can agree with.
Appreciate 1
Derived16.00
      12-14-2022, 04:58 PM   #52
DB_Cooper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I’m not SAYING anyone’s opinion has more value than yours but I will just leave this here…

https://jalopnik.com/we-were-all-wrong-chris-bangle-was-a-prophet-1664079107

I loved the E65 when it first came out. I had 2001 530i and i still think that is the most beautiful BMW ever made, the M5 version. Maybe the Z8. Doesn’t mean they all have to look like that forever. Genesis makes some handsome cars. Go buy one and then talk shit about the BMW G70 on their forums. I bet it’ll get real confusing.

I’m just glad they’re still making a proper 7 series sedan instead of replacing it with some loogie shaped EQS clone. That dude was bitching about screens in the G70!!
I'm totally cool disagreeing with Chris Harris.

They're both hot trash, IMO, w/ the newest 7 incarnation being hotter trash. Apparently I need to write IMO even though it's completely redundant on an automotive forum.

I'm also totally cool with others liking it.

You do you boo.
Appreciate 1
Derived16.00
      12-14-2022, 05:02 PM   #53
E66er
@funwithcarsindonesia
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Obviously it's my point buddy bc it's predicated on my opinion. I never said my opinion is more important than anyone else's nor did I say everyone needs to share my opinion.
That's not what you said though...

Quote:
After all these years I don't think opinion has changed much on that Bangle 7 just like it won't change on the newest 7.

LOL..."opinion" vs "my opinion"
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 05:22 PM   #54
E66er
@funwithcarsindonesia
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2021BMW745e View Post
The car is great, the backlog is large and the sales will exceed first year sales for the G11/G12.
Is this something you heard from the BMW folks or are sales numbers out yet (probably not?).

I'm predicting G70 numbers will be a major gut punch to the market leader.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 05:37 PM   #55
DB_Cooper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That's not what you said though...

Quote:

LOL..."opinion" vs "my opinion"
One use of opinion was "my opinion".

Second use was anecdotal. I've never met anyone in person who finds that Bangle 7 attractive.

I didn't realize how much I need to scrutinize Bimmerpost thread responses lol.

We cool now bro? Do you need further exposition?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 05:48 PM   #56
BimmerXdrive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And the guy who actually penned the E65, Adrian Hooydonk, was then promoted to BMW design boss, and then today design boss of the entire BMW Group (BMW, RR, Mini).

Young Hooydonk, with his design boss

Less young Hooydonk, THE design boss

I guess the top honchos at BMW thought his designs were successful huh?

This guy needs to go and design cars for KIA please
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 05:53 PM   #57
E66er
@funwithcarsindonesia
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerXdrive View Post
This guy needs to go and design cars for KIA please
BMW doesn't think so. Go buy something else
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 05:56 PM   #58
BimmerXdrive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I’m just going to go ahead and say it - BMW is designing for the Asian market. Completey catering to them because of sales. Hence the design and looks of the current line up.
Attached Images

Last edited by BimmerXdrive; 12-14-2022 at 07:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
Derived16.00
      12-14-2022, 06:34 PM   #59
joeyjoejoejr
Rep

Quote:
I’m just going to go ahead and say it - BMW is designing for the Asian market. Completey catering to them because of sales. Hence the design and looks of the current line up.
What about those damn garish Saudis or Emiratis? Can we blame this on them too? Or have we moved on completely to the Chinese? What about Antifa? I just knew they had their hands in all kinds of cookie jars!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 07:15 PM   #60
joeyjoejoejr
Rep

Yeah, so if it’s the Chinese market and their horrible taste in cars why aren’t the other manufacturers rushing to design cars that are upsetting the rest of the world? And let’s see the breakdown of sales by model. That doesn’t mean shit if the biggest seller is the 3 series long wheel base or whatever long wheel base Chinese market exclusives they get. It feels racist any time someone says that Chinese line.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 07:38 PM   #61
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Please let us know when you're finished bashing so we can go on to exchanging more useful information for those of us who liked it well enough to buy it.

Seriously, what is the point of repeatedly making the same points that you (and others) don't like its looks, which must be catering to Chinese buyers?

Even if your opinion is shared by others, it has no bearing on what I feel is important: it drives like a BMW and the interior, where I spend my time driving, is spectacular.
Appreciate 1
E66er117.50
      12-14-2022, 09:58 PM   #62
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i, 2020 Model X LR

Quote:
Haha did you drop a “fuck my life?”

Look at all you real funny and clever guys stumbling in here from the four corners of the roundel, all feeling a certain way. I think that’s the point intentionally polarizing design. At least the thing doesn’t look like the EQS.
Having owned a EQS I personally think it looks pretty decent in real life and the hyper screen was sweet. The steering is terrible tho, way too light but it ate up miles very well on road trips.

The G70 looks awesome so I guess my taste is just “bad” since I like two cars a lot of people seem to hate. Oh well…
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2022, 12:57 AM   #63
Lovin7er
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrikr View Post
Having owned a EQS I personally think it looks pretty decent in real life and the hyper screen was sweet. The steering is terrible tho, way too light but it ate up miles very well on road trips.

The G70 looks awesome so I guess my taste is just “bad” since I like two cars a lot of people seem to hate. Oh well…
My wife’s EQS580 is on the water. We must have similar taste.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2022, 05:41 AM   #64
joeyjoejoejr
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrikr View Post

It’s not that I think it’s ugly, but I just don’t like the whole aerodynamic as hell but kinda of plain look that they’ve decided they’re going use for the whole line up. I mean it’s a good looking car, but not in a way that inspired a trip to the MB dealer to check it out. I didn’t mean to rain on your(or wife’s)parade. They’re cool cars(call me jealous whenever I see those rear wheels turn 90 damn degrees)and I love any car that takes a sale from Tesla.

I’ve never used the hyperscreen but it looks cool. I just made a joke since some guy was complaining that the G70 had a big tablet for a screen. whereas the new MBUX systems are exactly that, but the non-hyperscreen version looks mounted a bit low for my taste.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2022, 09:36 AM   #65
E66er
@funwithcarsindonesia
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
I've never met anyone in person who finds that Bangle 7 attractive.
I don't care who you've met, but the facts are many found the Bangle 7 worth spending money on as it was a sales success - do people buy cars they think are disgusting looking? People on this board have said they liked it, Chris Harris has said it.

Same goes for the G70. PLENTY of journalists have said they loved how it looks, plenty of people on this board have said the same. But you've never met any personally so that's your argument?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2022, 09:45 AM   #66
E66er
@funwithcarsindonesia
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Hmmmmm....
Quote:
German luxury automaker Mercedes-Benz Group is a significant player in the country's auto industry. It sold some 35,600 new vehicles in China in the first half of 2022, which represents more than one-third of the group's global sales.
https://news.cgtn.com/news/2022-08-2...piw/index.html

But carry on with your racism
Appreciate 0