BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

12-19-2022, 01:00 PM   #1
Eddles
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 530d

Want to buy this 740i - comments?

Hi all,

I'm a current owner of a 2010 F11 530d with a HUD, electric tow-bar and a couple of minor upgrades, with 134k on the clock. I just saw a 2010 740i with 71k miles on the clock for sale with nearly all options ticked, including HUD, night vision, adaptive cruise control, etc. I am very keen on buying that car, but wanted your comments before jumping right in. The engine had its timing chain and VANOS units changed, the last service was in September 2022 at 66k miles and cost £4,000. The only issue I can see is that the car hasn't had any services between 2019 at 51k miles, and September 2022 at 67k miles, presumably with no oil changes. The MoT history is fantastic, the last MoT has shown that the NSF and OSF lower suspension arm bush slightly worn, but nothing else.

View post on imgur.com
are pictures of the car, service history, build list & MoT history.

I am certainly not expecting perfection, definitely not at this price point and type of dealer. I would, of course, expect some issues, but don't want major ones.
  • Are the gearbox and engine good ones, will they last 5 years/50,000 miles I expect to be doing?
  • Would this be a good buy, or should I avoid?
  • Anything I should be wary of?

Many thanks for your advice in advance!
Appreciate 0