BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

01-20-2023, 01:55 PM   #89
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Yes, but I was thinking of the side profile with this comparison, because the Tesla has a generic front end. The grille doesn’t bother me either way, but it’s still the number one selling M3 of all time, so obviously a whole bunch of people disagreed with you guys. This argument is silly.

Emotionally scarred. Hopefully just temporarily.
They watched YouTube videos of people saying it's 'ugly' and repeat that non sense.

Unfortunately people cannot think for themselves and have to subscribe to group think.

Why do you think influencers are so popular?
Appreciate 2
Patton2502938.00
      01-20-2023, 02:33 PM   #90
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
They watched YouTube videos of people saying it's 'ugly' and repeat that non sense.

Unfortunately people cannot think for themselves and have to subscribe to group think.

Why do you think influencers are so popular?
Probably that has a lot to do with it. Plus it does look different than the entire rest of the BMW fleet. Sometimes men can’t handle changes very well. This new grille is quite a change. Perhaps that’s why it’s bringing in lots of new people? I don’t know. All I know is, the G80/82 is breaking sales records. Even know they’re difficult to get my dealership tells me they’re selling more of these than they did the F80/82. I had one for a while. The G80 Xdrive. I liked it a lot but my buddy talk to me at the buying a turbo S. Lol. Now I’ve ordered an M5.
Appreciate 1
Tyga113232.00
      01-20-2023, 03:03 PM   #91
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Probably that has a lot to do with it. Plus it does look different than the entire rest of the BMW fleet. Sometimes men can’t handle changes very well. This new grille is quite a change. Perhaps that’s why it’s bringing in lots of new people? I don’t know. All I know is, the G80/82 is breaking sales records. Even know they’re difficult to get my dealership tells me they’re selling more of these than they did the F80/82. I had one for a while. The G80 Xdrive. I liked it a lot but my buddy talk to me at the buying a turbo S. Lol. Now I’ve ordered an M5.
I get compliments constantly...I don't really care but it's interesting whenever I read online (and only online) how 'ugly' the car is.

I just remember that internet trolls are not real life (like Twitter)
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 03:41 PM   #92
RichF90M5C
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 Competition

Ok, so take the performance away from Tesla and what have you got? Build quality? Looks? Reliability? Driving pleasure? Women dropping their knickers at the sight of it? None of the above is the answer.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 03:47 PM   #93
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I get compliments constantly...I don't really care but it's interesting whenever I read online (and only online) how 'ugly' the car is.

I just remember that internet trolls are not real life (like Twitter)
I constantly got compliments. It’s a freakishly beautiful car. It drives awesome also. I loved everything about it. I regret selling it. I just really thought I would love the turbo s. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichF90M5C View Post
Ok, so take the performance away from Tesla and what have you got? Build quality? Looks? Reliability? Driving pleasure? Women dropping their knickers at the sight of it? None of the above is the answer.
Boom. Exactly
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 03:55 PM   #94
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Who said Tesla is not reliable? I thought reliability was part of its game.....no motor, no exhaust, no tranny etc
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 03:57 PM   #95
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

I have 2 Rivians on order lol. But they are a bit pricy. I am thinking Model Y or 2021+ Audi A5 or S5 Sportbacks. There is Kia EV6 as well, but you don't get 11k tax credit. New 4runner and Tacoma coming out that interest me, but those are too far out
Appreciate 1
Patton2502938.00
      01-20-2023, 05:07 PM   #96
DB_Cooper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TargaM2 View Post
I guarantee this is not allowed anywhere near the front page, here's a reality check from one of the best in the business…

https://youtu.be/rCywUzKJs30

meanwhile Tesla announced price slashing on all models yesterday....from 6-20% reduction

People who recently bought are not happy....people who were looking to buy are stoked!!

You can now get a Model 3 Performance for $53,990 and qualify for the $7500 tax credit....

3.1 second 0-60 car for about $45k

shut up and take my money!!!

Anyone want to buy my F32???

HMU
True that. You can get from one traffic light to the next pretty fast w/ a 0-60 time of 3.1 seconds.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 05:07 PM   #97
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
I have 2 Rivians on order lol. But they are a bit pricy. I am thinking Model Y or 2021+ Audi A5 or S5 Sportbacks. There is Kia EV6 as well, but you don't get 11k tax credit. New 4runner and Tacoma coming out that interest me, but those are too far out
The EV6 looks way better than the model Y or X. Just sharper design. If you put a Land Rover logo on the back of that car it would sell like hotcakes and be the talk of the town. Just a gorgeous design
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 05:09 PM   #98
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
some would say the opposite...those are just opinions

save $50K and still beat or compete with a $100K car isn't a bad deal, not to mention saving $100-$400 a month on gas
What do you mean “compete?” What does the Tesla do better other than 0-60? You and a million other teslas are all the same speed on the road. If you drive a Tesla - you are Will Smith in I,Robot. An appliance in a sea full of sheep.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 05:57 PM   #99
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
The EV6 looks way better than the model Y or X. Just sharper design. If you put a Land Rover logo on the back of that car it would sell like hotcakes and be the talk of the town. Just a gorgeous design
Id jump on EV6 GT.....but range is 200 miles. I assume its 150 max when cold and/or if you actually use the power it has
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 06:20 PM   #100
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Those Rivians look bad ass. Id like to drive one. The Ford F150 lightning is pretty awesome also. I’ve been in that.

Kia??? NEVER!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 06:22 PM   #101
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
A bone stock 2023 Model 3 Performance does 3.1 secs 0-60 and 11.5 1/4 mile

Some bolt ons and a tune are never going to get an F32 anywhere near 3.1 0-60

Bone stock Model 3 Performance cars do very well on a track as you can see in the video I posted from Top Gear as it beat the M3 in lap time, 0-60 and 1/4 mile...and that was the first gen M3P

A comparable BMW today is the M3 Comp Xdrive and almost twice the price
You are incorrect sir. A F32 with bolt-ons will beat a model 3, modded or stock and quite badly especially in the 1/4 mile. See receipts below. Yes a modded F32 DIESEL is faster then the fastest Modded Model 3 with no interior. How embarrassing.

Please do show me a bone stock that does 3.1 0-60. And no 1 foot roll out on a drag strip BS. All I have found with those times have "EV mods" Translation: gutted interior, lightweight wheels" Did I miss something?

The truth of the matter is most model 3 P's are stuck in the mid 3 second range in real world street performance, I should know, I race several each week as they EVERYWHERE and all appear to be driven by BGM-M3COMP clones who think they are driving rocketships. The bruise on their ego when then can't beat a 10 year old 185k mile 5500 SUV powered by one of BMW's most notorious engines .....

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 06:29 PM   #102
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Not to mention but who really wants to modify their car like that to beat a stock ev? Like I never understood that. People love ice which is great because they are awesome but people just want to buy a car and immediately modify it? Wtf

Not everyone cares about doing that nor do people always do that. Yeah let me buy a 100k car and instantly void the warranty with a JB4 so I can beat a model 3 performance. Because stock vs stock in the real world a model 3 would win.

These cars are made for different purposes. Nothing will beat a fast ev on the street unless you’re spending a lot on a stock car or you modify.
There you are BGM! Missed you brother! So boring without you!

Hmmm You don't understand the joy that fills ones heart when an arrogant model 3 owner gets humbled but alas that is just a side benefit, we mod our cars because we love cars and we are car people. But you would not understand that as you are an APPLIANCE person. Tesla's are amazing appliances I give you that. Soon they will drive themselves as Elon intended, you can now properly fall asleep in your appliance as it takes you to your destination.

Hmm, I see alot of compensation in your posts because you are locked in, You know you can't do anything to make your EV faster save for toss out interior components. Performance envy. I feel for you brother. I really do.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 07:16 PM   #103
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
There you are BGM! Missed you brother! So boring without you!

Hmmm You don't understand the joy that fills ones heart when an arrogant model 3 owner gets humbled but alas that is just a side benefit, we mod our cars because we love cars and we are car people. But you would not understand that as you are an APPLIANCE person. Tesla's are amazing appliances I give you that. Soon they will drive themselves as Elon intended, you can now properly fall asleep in your appliance as it takes you to your destination.

Hmm, I see alot of compensation in your posts because you are locked in, You know you can't do anything to make your EV faster save for toss out interior components. Performance envy. I feel for you brother. I really do.
Well soon YOU WILL be driving an "appliance" once these years pass by.

You see, the funny part of your argument is that you can say what you want about tesla, about EV, how it's worse for the environment, how it's soulless, it's dumb, boring, idiotic, not manly or any of that nonsense.

WHERE IS THE NEWS STATING WE'RE GOING BACK TO ICE????

I haven't posted here in about 5 weeks because of a lost password and i finally got access back and in those 5 weeks, the news for EV has already sided with what i'm saying.

You can be an ICE fan and an EV fan too. There is not battle here. If you want to get involved in a battle and you're siding with ICE, prepare to lose big time in the near future.

I love ICE as i have 2 ICE toys currently with 2 on the way. I only have one tesla and my plaid is coming soon. So if anything, i'm more pro ICE than i am pro EV. I just know a good thing when i see it.

Oh and the whole modifying argument you spewed out is one shitty ass argument. No one really gives a shit about modifying their car. Especially in todays time. If this was 2001 and fast and furious came out, i would agree with you. Now, cars are so advanced and very fast stock there is no need to modify it unless you wanna modify the aesthetics. But yeah it's cool if you want to build your F8x til it's about to blow itself up just so you can show that model 3 performance driver who's boss LOL.

Catch him at a red light, any red light and see that real world performance reality hit you in the face.
      01-20-2023, 07:23 PM   #104
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Who said Tesla is not reliable? I thought reliability was part of its game.....no motor, no exhaust, no tranny etc
It's no different than any sub-forum section you will find here.

Go check the G8x since it's still new. People are having issues still. Coolant leaks, boost leaks, rattles, weird noises, lost of power, engine noises.

But yeah i guess tesla is just as unreliable as BMW then.
      01-20-2023, 08:17 PM   #105
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Tesla's are amazing appliances I give you that. Soon they will drive themselves as Elon intended, you can now properly fall asleep in your appliance as it takes you to your destination.
Did you see the video of a Tesla causing an 8 car 9 injury pile-up while in full self drive? Full self drive is a disaster.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/...td-gr-orig.cnn

or

https://theintercept.com/2023/01/10/...age-autopilot/
HIGHWAY SURVEILLANCE FOOTAGE from Thanksgiving Day shows a Tesla Model S vehicle changing lanes and then abruptly braking in the far-left lane of the San Francisco Bay Bridge, resulting in an eight-vehicle crash. The crash injured nine people, including a 2-year-old child, and blocked traffic on the bridge for over an hour.

Lots of other sources for the same video/info if you don't like those links.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 08:19 PM   #106
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Quote:
Those Rivians look bad ass. Id like to drive one. The Ford F150 lightning is pretty awesome also. I’ve been in that.

Kia??? NEVER!!!!!
BIL just got an R1T. Looks nice, drives nice. Not for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 08:20 PM   #107
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Quote:
How certain are you of the claims above?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 09:12 PM   #108
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Well soon YOU WILL be driving an "appliance" once these years pass by.

You see, the funny part of your argument is that you can say what you want about tesla, about EV, how it's worse for the environment, how it's soulless, it's dumb, boring, idiotic, not manly or any of that nonsense.

WHERE IS THE NEWS STATING WE'RE GOING BACK TO ICE????

I haven't posted here in about 5 weeks because of a lost password and i finally got access back and in those 5 weeks, the news for EV has already sided with what i'm saying.

You can be an ICE fan and an EV fan too. There is not battle here. If you want to get involved in a battle and you're siding with ICE, prepare to lose big time in the near future.

I love ICE as i have 2 ICE toys currently with 2 on the way. I only have one tesla and my plaid is coming soon. So if anything, i'm more pro ICE than i am pro EV. I just know a good thing when i see it.

Oh and the whole modifying argument you spewed out is one shitty ass argument. No one really gives a shit about modifying their car. Especially in todays time. If this was 2001 and fast and furious came out, i would agree with you. Now, cars are so advanced and very fast stock there is no need to modify it unless you wanna modify the aesthetics. But yeah it's cool if you want to build your F8x til it's about to blow itself up just so you can show that model 3 performance driver who's boss LOL.

Catch him at a red light, any red light and see that real world performance reality hit you in the face.
Why do you always try to gaslight me? Never said anything about going back to ICE or future of EV. I am just here for the arrogance of EV owners thinking their appliances are the end all be all.

Good your back! Most of us are still on the fence if you are just a barely sentient drone or a Chat GPT bot, we need more data before we can come to a conclusion so thank you for joining the conversation again.

Hmm, see I am siding on the Chat GPT bot side again when you say something so inane as "No one really gives a shit about modifying their car. Especially in today's time" It only takes a few seconds to find there was over 12 BILLION is aftermarket mods sold in 2021 alone (2022 numbers not out yet). I dunno chief, 12 billion sure seems like quite a few nobody's are still interested in modding their rides, receipts below.

Pushing a F32 to beat a Model 3 is not going blow the engine, sorry to burst your bubble and I don't have a F, just an old E70 5500lb tank with 186k miles original engine in it and as I mentioned before, I end up racing at least two Model 3 P's per week there are so many out here and we are ALWAYS dead even with from a light and on the freeway I start walking them at 80. Model 3 P's start sucking after 80. Truth be told I am getting bored of racing them, it always turns out the same since you can do NOTHING to make it faster unless you want to toss your seats. Bummer. Hey how is the performance of a EV after 10 years and 185k miles? How long are those packs rated for again?
(apologies in advance for grammars if you are sentient, testing to see if it throws off your algorithm)
Attached Images

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 01-20-2023 at 09:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 10:16 PM   #109
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
How certain are you of the claims above?
I am not. I have no clue
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 02:08 AM   #110
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
Did you see the video of a Tesla causing an 8 car 9 injury pile-up while in full self drive? Full self drive is a disaster.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/...td-gr-orig.cnn

or

https://theintercept.com/2023/01/10/...age-autopilot/
HIGHWAY SURVEILLANCE FOOTAGE from Thanksgiving Day shows a Tesla Model S vehicle changing lanes and then abruptly braking in the far-left lane of the San Francisco Bay Bridge, resulting in an eight-vehicle crash. The crash injured nine people, including a 2-year-old child, and blocked traffic on the bridge for over an hour.

Lots of other sources for the same video/info if you don't like those links.
i also saw a video of a Tesla crash itself because a truck was on the other lane and it got scared and swerved into the ditch
Appreciate 1
chad86tsi1605.00