BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

01-16-2023, 02:07 PM   #1
todao
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i

My thoughts on driving the 760i- One month after purchase

Had the 760 for a month and thought I'd share my thoughts.

The short answer... Damn, this car is fantastic and makes my life happier.

The longer one... coming from a 2019 M850i and also own a BMW S1000XR motorcycle. I tired of the noise and too much communication from the road on the 850.

- I love the quite of the 760. It's serene and it's a relaxing, pleasurable experience just to drive it.
- I worried about ASS but I don't even notice it, it is that subtle
- Love the interaction bar and the ambient lighting. it's more subtle than the ambient lighting on the S580 but I think it's less intrusive and more a part of the internal milieu and experience in the car
- I liked the front end from the start and now I love it. I have the M sport pro package with Brooklyn Grey and the combo works well together. The front looks fierce to me.
- I regularly get second looks or thumbs up or "What is that?"
- Have the extended leather and it is so soft
- During the day you can't see the lighting in the roof and driving at night, you don't really see it either. The view from the back at night is fantastic because of it though
- Haven't had any issues since I got it
- The seats are as comfortable is your favorite recliner.
- IN sport mode, I've never needed any more power and have not used the boost yet
- I didn't think I would be patient enough for the automatic doors but my wife and I love them and use them every time. It's turned out to be the coolest feature.
- I have the enhanced BW system and I know hear things in songs I've listed to for 50 years that I never heard before. A truly immersive experience.

I love the car. With the 850, one pf the things I didn't like was that the interiors were all the same regardless if it was 8, 7, 4, or 3 series. I have a friend with a 340 and his interior was very similar to my 850. They all looked the same regardless of the model. Now you feel like the extra cost of the 7 gives you a unique more luxurious interior.

I almost leased a similar model without the enhanced BW system and so glad I went for the upgrade.

For me, driving and riding in this car is a fundamentally different driving experience than I've ever had. For that reason, I would do it all again exactly and look forward to three years of driving this car (it's a lease deal) and the peace of mind and comfort and pleasure it yields.
Appreciate 7
Dr.Amro74.00
TWB24.00
Mr.blue223.00
E66er117.50
jphcbpa313.00
      01-16-2023, 04:36 PM   #2
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i, 2020 Model X LR

Thanks for this! You’ve listed many of the reasons why I’m thinking of getting a G70 and reading your review after actually living with one has me more convinced than ever that I should get one. I’ve always looked at the 7-series as an “old man’s car” but this new generation is pretty epic and aggressive looking IMO.
Appreciate 1
Mr.blue223.00
      01-16-2023, 05:35 PM   #3
Dr.Amro
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i ,2013 Escalade

I own the car and i totally agree with all the points you mentioned other than the B&W because i didn't get the upgraded one . I was a little bit hesitant and or guilty that i got a car at this price point due to the tough economy we are in but as you mentioned it is worth and the car makes you definitely more happy .
Appreciate 1
greg_t1.50
      01-17-2023, 10:23 PM   #4
buddenfan
Captain
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by todao View Post
Had the 760 for a month and thought I'd share my thoughts.

The short answer... Damn, this car is fantastic and makes my life happier.

The longer one... coming from a 2019 M850i and also own a BMW S1000XR motorcycle. I tired of the noise and too much communication from the road on the 850.

- I love the quite of the 760. It's serene and it's a relaxing, pleasurable experience just to drive it.
- I worried about ASS but I don't even notice it, it is that subtle
- Love the interaction bar and the ambient lighting. it's more subtle than the ambient lighting on the S580 but I think it's less intrusive and more a part of the internal milieu and experience in the car
- I liked the front end from the start and now I love it. I have the M sport pro package with Brooklyn Grey and the combo works well together. The front looks fierce to me.
- I regularly get second looks or thumbs up or "What is that?"
- Have the extended leather and it is so soft
- During the day you can't see the lighting in the roof and driving at night, you don't really see it either. The view from the back at night is fantastic because of it though
- Haven't had any issues since I got it
- The seats are as comfortable is your favorite recliner.
- IN sport mode, I've never needed any more power and have not used the boost yet
- I didn't think I would be patient enough for the automatic doors but my wife and I love them and use them every time. It's turned out to be the coolest feature.
- I have the enhanced BW system and I know hear things in songs I've listed to for 50 years [...]
My i8 had Harmon Kardon and my x6m comp has the Bowers and I dont notice much of a difference. At least not for the upgrade cost
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 09:07 PM   #5
bimmer32
Rep
Drives: 750Li

Do you have a home listening room with some high end audio equipment or just a well equipped home theater? I'm not sold on the part about now hearing instruments in music you've not heard before.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 12:22 PM   #6
meko
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - 535i Sport

“The longer one... coming from a 2019 M850i and also own a BMW S1000XR motorcycle. I tired of the noise and too much communication from the road on the 850.”

You lost here. I can understand the noise I guess, but I’m struggling with the too much communication part. That is the hallmark of BMW, or at least it used to be. Can you expand upon what you mean?
      01-21-2023, 01:27 AM   #7
todao
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer32 View Post
Do you have a home listening room with some high end audio equipment or just a well equipped home theater? I'm not sold on the part about now hearing instruments in music you've not heard before.
Not so much instruments I’ve not heard as much as the greater clarity and articulation of the instruments.

But hey, you’re free not to buy it. It’s not for sale.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 01:33 AM   #8
todao
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by meko View Post
“The longer one... coming from a 2019 M850i and also own a BMW S1000XR motorcycle. I tired of the noise and too much communication from the road on the 850.”

You lost here. I can understand the noise I guess, but I’m struggling with the too much communication part. That is the hallmark of BMW, or at least it used to be. Can you expand upon what you mean?
You’re right, that’s what BMWs are about and I love that. What I’m talking about here has more to do with the roads in LA… honest, smooth, curvy road refrigerator, fantastic, but going over even a small pothole on the 850 was very jarring. So the sensitivity of the BMW to the road, which is its strength, makes it very unsettling if the roads is not in good condition. A good friend of mine ran over a pothole on his 340 and it blew a hole 2 inches in length out of the sidewall and of course, damaged his rim.
Appreciate 1
meko178.50