BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

01-25-2023, 02:51 AM   #23
mattsrs
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrikr View Post
After much back and forth and even walking away yes, I was able to get about $12k off and a lease without markup. $1840 including tax on a 36/10k and $10k down on $140k MSRP. I found a broker in California that could get me 11% off MSRP but the lease MF was marked up so didn’t go for it but it really helped my negotiation with the local dealer.

What about you?
Thats an epic deal! I also did a lot of shopping around and negotiations. Most dealers didn’t give ang discount or even entertain it. The one I bought gave 6500 discount on 123k msrp. I am financing so didn’t have to deal with lease mark up
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 08:17 AM   #24
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i, 2020 Model X LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsrs View Post
Thats an epic deal! I also did a lot of shopping around and negotiations. Most dealers didn’t give ang discount or even entertain it. The one I bought gave 6500 discount on 123k msrp. I am financing so didn’t have to deal with lease mark up
Thanks, I’m very happy with where we landed on price. Your discount is solid! Like you said, most dealers won’t budge on price since it’s a new model.

I was going to finance but decided on a lease for two reasons:

1. First model year of a new generation

2. My car has frozen grey paint and while I’ve had matte PPF before, I’ve never had matte paint and I thought I’d learn what I can and can’t do on a lease instead of a car I own. I know I could do a full PPF but I’ve done that before and never got my money back. I trade cars too often to see anywhere close to ROI on a PPF
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 09:25 AM   #25
mattsrs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I’m very happy with where we landed on price. Your discount is solid! Like you said, most dealers won’t budge on price since it’s a new model.

I was going to finance but decided on a lease for two reasons:

1. First model year of a new generation

2. My car has frozen grey paint and while I’ve had matte PPF before, I’ve never had matte paint and I thought I’d learn what I can and can’t do on a lease instead of a car I own. I know I could do a full PPF but I’ve done that before and never got my money back. I trade cars too often to see anywhere close to ROI on a PPF
Just for my learning, how being first year of new generation impacts finance vs lease decision? Do you mean the unpredictability of the issues that may come up and impact on resale value? I bought the X5 G05 first month that it came out and had zero issues. I think BMW is getting better at this
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 11:51 AM   #26
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Just for my learning, how being first year of new generation impacts finance vs lease decision? Do you mean the unpredictability of the issues that may come up and impact on resale value? I bought the X5 G05 first month that it came out and had zero issues. I think BMW is getting better at this
Yes, I unpredictability, realizability. Probably not a major concern but the LCI X7 has had some issues and I figured why not lease. The APR is actually lower as well compared to BMW Financial rates on regular financing.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 11:56 AM   #27
mattsrs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I unpredictability, realizability. Probably not a major concern but the LCI X7 has had some issues and I figured why not lease. The APR is actually lower as well compared to BMW Financial rates on regular financing.
Yea makes sense, doing 2.99% finance. Otherwise would have leased also. Regular finance rates a insane these days
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 02:35 PM   #28
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yea makes sense, doing 2.99% finance. Otherwise would have leased also. Regular finance rates a insane these days
Fantastic rate! Local CU?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 02:47 PM   #29
mattsrs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Fantastic rate! Local CU?
They are based in Maryland called Tower credit union. But because their rate is so good their processing time is near 20 days not due to demand
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 04:01 PM   #30
todao
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i

Quote:
That was really a great deal you got! Congrats.

What dealer did you get that from?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 04:12 PM   #31
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by todao View Post
That was really a great deal you got! Congrats.

What dealer did you get that from?
BMW Murray in Salt Lake.
Appreciate 0